Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Captain

Default It's Wednesday - Hump Day

Good Morning All, Yes it is Wednesday

Time to get up and start a new day and remember your another day closer to your next cruise.

Well it is going to be another rainy day here in south Alabama with temps in the mid 60's today.

This is just a short note be for heading out the door.

Have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

Prayers to all.

Luanne and Jim - Prayers to both of you, we are hoping that you have received our notes, may God be with you both and bring you peace.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Just caught the local forecast and see they have upped our snowfall amounts to 12 to 16 inches...I think I preferred the 8 to 12 which was predicted yesterday. It was -3 when I went to bed, but the temps have risen to 5! 300 schools are closed across the state, and even here in town, tho' it hasn't even started to snow here yet. I hope to get into work early and get a bit down, then head home while I can still make it up my hill. We will see, once I get in there it is often hard to break free, and since I did not get there yesterday...there will be plenty to do.

Praying for you Luanne and family, Delft, Trevor...
hoping Todd gives us good news this morning from Frans appt.

Wishing you all a good day. Please stay safe and warm.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Captain

Woke up to a ice rink outside. Ice is covering everything here in southern Ohio. There is a sheet of ice covering the 8 or 9 inches of snow we got early yesterday, and it is still sleeting as I write. Nothing is moving around here. We let the dogs out for their morning pit stop and they just slid on the ice, it was kind of funny to watch. This is predicted to change back to snow with a possible of 4 more inches of snow. Snow, Ice, and now more snow......I need a cruise. It is going to be a good day to just stay inside and stay warm.

Hope all have a good day and are well.

Prayers to LuAnn & Jim, Delft, Trevor and those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CM's Nice morning here in Fl. After reading VTJens post I am glad I am here. Day off for me but I have plenty to do for sure.
Prayers for Luanne and Family, Delft and Trevor and all others in need. Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the storm has begun.
About 15-25 cms is predicted (much the same as VTJen's 12-16 inches I guess) with heavy blowing snow throughout the day. Temp is not mild either, at -13C "feels like -21" windchill (-5F).

Sounds like a perfect day to stay in bed, but alas, schools are not closed (yet) so off to work I go.
I predict we will close early today, or at least send home the staff who have to drive long distances or pick up their kids at school.
Lucky me, I get to stay till closing, since I travel by train and don't have to worrry about the weather and the traffic!

TravelgalSue, glad we don't have the ice too! Be careful out there!

Prayers for Luanne, Delft, and Trevor, and always thinking of Judy and her situation as well.....

donna
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida. We are going to get some of our cool weather back this weekend so it's time to get out and enjoy the nice days. Hope all of you in the nasty weather to the north stay safe and warm. That ice stuff scares me.

If my little birdie on my yahoo calendar is right, it is Sharons Birthday today, so a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON! Hope it is a good one.

Prayers going out for Delf, Trever and Luanne. HUGS!!!!!

Phyll
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

So much going on - I'm just going to say that everyone needs prayers - those with illness, and those who are having all this horrible winter weather - lots of snow, ice etc and those without electricity -

everyone take care and remember I'm praying for all of you!
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very cold Texas. We had the ice warnings last night. Didn't know what to expect, but this morning, it just looks cold outside.

I have had a couple of really bad days, but am trying to put at least one foot forward at all times. Little tiny goals for myself, so that I can one day move forward.

Jim found out they are not going to send him to Iraq until June, and it will only be 6 months, so that he is home for the trial. He is trying to get some short trips in the meantime, so that I can travel with him. One is in Ark, which sounds good, since I have never been there. I think getting away would do me good.

Prayers to all that need it, and hoping we have some good news reports from those who are sick.

Have a safe day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates. Well Indiana is now an official winter wonderland.

Lots and lots of snow! I was watching the news this morning and they said it was a record with 500+ closings to announce. I guess I really don't need to go anywhere today, except I do have an appt. for d/s to get his hair cut this afternoon. I guess I'll wait to see if the hairdresser is going to make it down there for the appointment. If so we'll be there. I retired from cutting hair a long time ago and I'd like to keep my shears in the drawer.

Last night it just snowed like the dickens. I was stressed and tired and really wanted to take a soak in the hot tub, so I wrapped my head up in a towel, put some hot chocolate in an insulated mug and grabbed an umbrella and went out and soaked in the hot tub for a while and it felt great, but a vision of loveliness in the snow, I wasn't . It was quite the visual.

Someone posted something about Facebook a while back. I had never checked it out before. The other night one of my oldest friends sent me an email and invited me to join and be her "friend". Well I have to say it has been interesting to see all of the people who we've lost track of are still out there. It is strange to live within 30 minutes of all these folks, to never see them, and have no clue about them. Most of them I haven't seen in over 15 years. Now all of sudden there they are again...Damn they look old, what the heck happened?

Luanne, I am relieved to hear that you and Jim will have more time together and you'll both have the closure of the trial. Hang in there and know that you have friends here who will always listen and care about how you are doing. You know how people say when you go through a tragedy, you'll have good days and bad days? Well I figure you're about due to have some "good days". Hang in there.

Well got lots to do, I still need to pack for the cruise...Since I will be leaving the frozen tundra in ONE WEEK!!!! I think the timing of this cruise will be perfect!

Old January 28th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
We are not getting all that bad of a snowstorm here, although, they scared the heeby jeebys out of eveyone who tuned into the weather!

I had such a fun time with Lucy yesterday. She just had been to to the Dr. and had 3 shots I made her some pastina and applesauce and played with her so much, she had a nice long nap, like I did

Since I am going to be a Memere again, I need to make another diaper cake for the new baby boy due in May....I have to say,[modestly] mine come out so much better than anything I have seen for sale, I should figure out a way to sell them myself!

Luanne, I have a motto, you do what you can on the day that you can do it......Your mind and heart will tell you....You have been an inspsiration to many...xoxox

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............snow is gone & warming up....

Phyll.......thanks.........yes it is my B-day.......

Thoughts & prayers to Luanne & family, delf, Trevor, Judy.........

Not doing much today.....just relaxing & enjoying.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Happy Birthday Sharon!

Trip - what a good idea - I bet people would snap out those "babycakes"!

Luanne - glad to know that Jim will be stateside for the trial.
Old January 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Jen if I can figure out the way to do it..you will get royalties, on "BabyCakes"by Linda Pearl

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Captain

I know I posted earlier but I have to vent. IT IS SNOWING AGAIN!!!!! In the past 10 minutes everything is covered, roads, trees, everything. With the ice we had last night and now this heavy snow it sounds like gun shots going off where the trees are breaking. Looks like the weatherman was right...here comes up to 4 more inches. Enough is enough!
OK I feel better now thanks for listening.

Think I'll go get some hot chocolate. Don't have a hot tub like you Beanie but I can have a warm drink.

Old January 28th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Still kinda cool . . . in the 60's.

Keith and I attended the first of five diabetes classes last night along with 30 others. It was a full house.

Gym day for Keith and more housework for me.

I, too, am thinking of Delft, Trevor, and Luanne.

Happy birthday, Sharon!

Judy
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is in the low 60's today; what a surprise! The sky is still overcast. Anything is better than yesterday where it rained most of the day! El nino certainly has played its games with the wild temperature gyrations. All I did was to go to the gym this morning and picked up a few groceries on the way back home. A friend who lives in Stoughton, Ma called and told me that she was laid off from work. G-d, please let our world economy turn around. May all my cruisemates have a wonderful Wednesday.
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon all,

Just got home and that is why there isn't an early post from this part of upper East Tennessee.

To be honest, we're a bit in the dumps over Fran's latest report. While certainly not the worst, it wasn't good. Her counts are heading the wrong way....quickly. Her oncologist changed her from a two month appointment period (other than the port flush) to a one month. Her next appointment is listed as a discussion, which doesn't bode well. Hopefully her numbers will rebound next month. We'll pray that they do and in any event, we'll deal with whatever confronts us.

For obvious reasons, I didn't want her in with me when I had my tests at the cardiologist today 'cause I knew what the results would be. Fran certainly is no fool, though and all today did, was to make her more depressed. :evil:

I told her I'm gonna' be fine. Just gotta' slow down a bit....maybe to a crawl...

But I am and will remain one who feels he is among the most blessed people on this earth.

Prayers continue for Delft, Trevor and all others needing them. Luanne, you are certainly my hero.

Todd
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Todd,
You've been on my mind today. I am glad you came here to give us an update, even though it may not be a glowing report.

You and Fran are in our thoughts and prayers (though I get the distinct impression you are the kind of guy who'd much rather be worrying about someone else's problems than your own ) So that's what friends are for. Hang in there and never give up hope.

Old January 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Todd, our hearts and prayers go out to you and Fran. May Fran get some "positive" news from the doctor. I just got home from work; it was a shortened day since business is down and was saddened to hear about Fran when I checked the Cruisemates website. Just know that all of your fellow cruisemates wish the best for Fran.
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Todd, I am adding you and Fran to my ever growing prayer list. As BW said, you've both been in my thoughts today.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Todd, I, too, was saddened to read your post. We will all pray for you and Fran.

Judy
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Admiral

Todd add my prayers to the list of those standing with you in this. My heart is heavy after reading your post, but I know you are both fighters and God is with you.

Phyll
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I also want to be added to the list of prayers for the two of you. Please take care and get well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Admiral

The road we walk is crowded with heartbreak and illness lately..The good thing is, the strength in numbers of the people who are in our corners, with kind words, a smile and a shoulder, when we need it.

I will keep you both in my thoughts, and prayers....