Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Friday Morning Sunrise!

Good Morning Friends! Friday morning is very wet here in Lakeland. It poured most of the night. Not complaining as we really need the rain. I do hope it clears up for the weekend Superbowl activities. Lots to do today as I get ready for work this weeknd. Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Captain

Another cold and slick day here. We got a dusting of snow last night on top of the 6 inches of snow and ice already on the ground and roads. Weatherman says more of the same due today. So many around us are without power and may be that way for several more days. We have been lucky and only had outages lasting a few minutes, I can handle that. All the schools in the area have been cancelled all week and cabin fever is setting in. Sat. & Sun are due to be the calm before the storm as another big one is heading our way for Mon, Tue, & Wed. with more heavy snow. I plan on venturing out to the grocery today to stock up just in case the weatherman is right, plus maybe I can beat the weekend rush. Since school is cancelled my granddaughter will be spending the day with me so getting her out for a little while may be good idea.
Everyone to follow have a good day and stay safe.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Captain

Good Morning all

Yes it is Friday, the end of a very long week. Unfourtunely, the weeks seem to get longer as our cruise approaches.

Well it is time to go to work and have another great day, as we use to say? Def...oh never mind, I'm tired.

Irish 8)

A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I am grateful I'm not in Ohio!
Sue, your weather sounds worse than ours. We are used to all the snow, and life went on as usual yesterday, despite the dump of 30 cms on Wednesday.
Today it continues with flurries, and more for the weekend, but no significant accumulation.
We even managed to take all 80 daycare kids on a fieldtrip yesterday, walking to a nearby community centre to see a storyteller in action.
Walking was fine, if a little slow, but the dressing and undressing was a killer!
Boy, I can't wait till spring!

TGIF folks, and I am ready for the weekend!

donna

p.s. Happy Birthday Ray!
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is 13 and snowing...we will probably get an inch thru-out the day - so this is just a typical winter day. Then we have a respite on Sat/Sun. Mond - snow/rain, then they are just saying Big Storm? on Tues, so I really don't know what to expect, except that if it is snow changing to rain changing to snow that isn't good as it will be very heavy and if it accumulates on trees and powerlines then we very well could be in the dark, and that is always dangerous when the temps are at or below the freezing mark.

Well, my friends surgery was a blessing - they removed 14 inches of colon that was filled with cancer and also took a cancerous growth off her liver. Her husband called me yesterday afternoon. They will tell her today. They are very worried at how she will take it. Please keep her in your prayers she has 3 kids ranging from 17 to 4 and the oldest one has been kicked out of school 3 times this year for bringing in drugs, they live in a very stressful household. Hopefully this will bring priorities into perspecitive and will get them all moving in one positive direction. It has all made me very sad, all I can do is be there and help in any way they need.

Work from home today - really need to tackle the housework. Should do some visitation

Have to figure out what to bring to the Church YouthGroup Superbowl party on Sunday...and what to make for the Coffee Fellowship after church on Sun. a.m. Guess Sat. will be a kitchen day.

Praying for so very many of you!
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well my day of babysitting has been canceled..Christian was driving over this bridge in a line of traffic and they must have some things on the road, so everyone in line, went up in the air & got their tires ruined! They had to call in a sub for him, so he will watch the kids today.....

I have to go pickup some wallpaper I ordered for the bathroom..I tried to just paint, but they are not in good enough shape

So I have a free day, to do whatever...Can I come over and help you guys do whatever?

Good thoughts and prayers, to all our Cruisemates family.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

A little cloudy here today and kind of damp. Think I'll just get some projects done around the house. Trip I would love to spend a day with you learning to do those crafty things you do.

Jen, what a sad situation for your friend. I will keep her in my prayers.

Prayers going out for Todd today as he has his tests. Hope all the reports come back good.

Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend.

Phyll
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Boy am I glad this week's almost over! But a gorgeous Friday it certainly is.

It's off this morning for a cardiac pet scan and thanks for the support Phyll! It's a pleasant day for the 1 hour drive. When they initially mentioned stress test, this old jackass was ready to dig in his hooves and bray "No-o-o-o-o Wa-a-a-a-y" Turned out it's a "chemically induced" stress test. The cardiologist said there's no way he was going to subject my heart to a standard stress test. I later told my wife it was nice to have someone on my side for a change. Being the always compassionate and supportive wife she replied, "They probably don't have the staff to get your carcass off the floor if you drop dead." When I originally took my first standard stress test over ten years ago I kept wondering, "Now if I drop dead as I'm all but running on this tread mill, I'll be flung off the thing and thrown out into the hall. Gosh what an ignominious end." I actually started laughing outloud and the medical staff really took notice. I told them not to worry, my wife had been putting up with my strange behavior for decades.

Have a grand day everybody and if it's snowing where you are, be careful! For you'uns in the mid west, git ready to crank up them thar snow blowers and git to flingin' that white stuff!

As they say down in Irish's neck of the woods "Blessings on all y'all" and special prayers for Delft and her mum, Venice, Luanne, Judy, Jen's friend and anyone I may have missed. Fo

Talk to you'uns in the mornin'!

Todd
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!
Things here are busy, I am waiting for the mail to arrive (can't remember why) Oh yes, there was some big security breach involving credit cards from our bank and I am hopeful our new cards will arrive today or at least before we leave for New Orleans, so we will have money to spend while we're gone

I am finally seeing a little light at the end of the tunnel regarding our work. It has been so slow and so hard to find anything for d/h in the latter part of February and all of March. I think we're close to closing a deal for the first week of March in D.C. and that makes me a little less anxious about our wonderful economy.

Hope things continue to look up. Prayers to all of you who are going through a rough time right now.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............temps are warmer here....I'll take it.....sorry about y'alls that have freezing temps & snow.......

Is it March yet????? Can't wait........get here soon...........

Not much goin on today........

Thinking of all in need of thougths & prayers.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sunny, but cold Texas, where I hope to begin day two of feeling almost normal.

I finally had had enough yesterday, and turned my burden over to the big man. He took it, and now I can try to deal with the little things in life.

I realize that my life will never return to the normal I so loved, but now we are going to try and make a new normal.

I completed 100 thank you notes yesterday. There is about that many more. So much out pouring of love. Joe's college professor has started a fund for a scholarship in Joe's name. It is on the front page of this mornings paper, but not yet on line. When it is, I will copy and paste, so you can read about it.

Still having trouble with the bank about Joe's little bank account. It is only 150.00, but that would be good for the scholarship fund, if the bank would only give it to us. They are now saying that we must go to a lawyer to get a form that says Joe had no other wives.

Joe had out grown his room, and you could barely get in there for all his clothes on the floor. I assured her that we found no wives laying around when we cleaned.

I had a little insurance policy on me that had a little for the boys. I requested that, and they want a police report. You can't get a police report with a case that is still on going. What a mess this world has come to. Use to death certificates were all you needed, now you need blood too.

Todd, I will be there for you today. If you fall, I will be there to pick you up. My love to Fran, who I know must be worried about you.

For those of you with snow, could we have a little bit of it?

Trip, My crafty friend. I don't even know where to buy wall paper, much less put it up. I picture in my head, putting it up in the I Love Lucy fashion.

BW I am glad things are improving for you. Much love

Jen My prayers for your friend.

Phyll, That smile on your picture always brightens my day.

Love to you all

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Luanne, I learned to wallpaper at my Moms knees.I used to come home form school and the room would be changed...also the furniture...Many times Bruce would come home and go to sit where his chair used to be. So I come by this trait honestly

Long gone are the days though. Some health issues will make these double rolls take longer than I would want.. and Nikki wants me to watch the kids Sunday, so there goes that

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 30th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends!

Luanne, you stated what I have wanted to say to you for days. Things will never be the "normal" as you knew it. That is a bitter pill to swallow, but you do proceed and figure out what is left and what will be the new normal. I still pray for you daily.

Todd, I'm proud of you for taking care of yourself, too. I can only imagine who closely you watch Fran, in meeting her needs, but you MUST take care of yourself, too. And that doesn't means ignoring those things that don't suit you!

Well, yesterday was a very long day. I took my DIL's mom to Houston for an appt. She had to be there at 6:00 a.m. They have scheduled more tests for Monday and Tuesday of next week, and I told her I would help her then, too. Now I have to figure out when I'll pack! Nice problem to have!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Morning Sunrise

Good morning from Southern California. Warm and sunny here. Temp was 81 yesterday.

Todd, yes, please take good care of yourself. MY thoughts and prayers go out to you and Fran.
BW, we all need our thoughts and prayers to beg for help on our sick economy.
VtJen, that's a really sad situation there.

Keith and I had a wonderful lunch yesterday at Il Fornaio in Pasadena's Old Town. Anybody else have an Il Fornaio in your area? It's pricey, so we seldom go there, but it;s always worth it. We had lunch outside on their sunny patio and munched on delicious breads til the entres came which was pasta with scallops, shrimp, baby tomotoes, and arugula. Dessert was to-die-for vanilla (for Keith) and chocolate gelato with coffee.
What did all that come to? I won't tell!

Have a good day!

Judy