Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Admiral

Default Monday-It is Monday again isn't it??

Good Morning to all where I head out the door in a few minutes for various medical things. I am having a little trouble getting on my feet again. Its been a little slow this time. Maybe because I am having to take care of so many other things. ( ie. move, sale of house, buying house, transfering medical care etc) At least it is mild today, or sure felt that way when I let the dogs out.Have a great day every one. The "kids" house is sold now, and will tranfer over March 1st. I am glad that is coming to an end. Its been a long process as well.
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning all during what may be one of the last calm days at work before the storm hits. As soon as the economic stimulus bill is signed by President Obama the clock starts ticking for me to get funds for the diesel program funds out in 30 days for the grants going to the states and 90 days for the competitive programs. That is an extremely tight schedule and all concerned are going to have to be on top of their game to get it done.

We vistied the one triplet who is home from the hospital and got a chance to interact with Lucia:

She is a tough kid in that she didn't burst out crying when I picked her up.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It was fairly balmy yesteday - tho' a complete mixed bag - rain, snow, wind and sun - temps must have been in the high 30's at one point.
This morning it is 5 degrees.

Yesterday I never got on until the evening, so didn't post. It was a busy day - only had about one hour free in the afternoon, then had to head back to church to work on a project - then home a bit later. It has lefted me very wiped out. I am still dealing with this odd acid reflux/ sinus situation - Sat I experienced such very bizarre symptons. I should probably call the doctors, but the only day I could go this week is his day off ...maybe things will dissapate.

Today is a busy day - have to drive my dd to the train station - sh will be taking Amtracks - Vermonter - into Penn Station. Thursday I get to do the four hour round trip to go pick her back up.

She will be staying with her best friend - and tomorrow they each have auditions. This is her first round. On the 19th I take her to Manchester, NH where she will fly down to Florida for two more auditions. Then she comes home the firs weekend in March, then she leaves about 5 days later for an Audition in Boston.
We are praying a door opens somewhere! She has absolutely no chance for employment here.

Delft - glad the "kids" house finally sold - what a long process that has been. I am sure it is a big relief. Praying you have a good day.

Thinking of all our Mates who are Cruising - what fun they are having!

Praying for many of you!
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a damp, dark Texas. We are getting much needed rain. I can't remember the last time it rained.

I had a good but sad night. Joe's friends came over to see me. It was so good to sit and talk about him, as well as get updates on their lives. I miss him so much, and he should have been there too.

They also filled me in on what happened that day. I heard part of it the morning it happened, but was in such shock that it didn't register, and they were in shock, and didn't tell me everything I wanted to know.

One of the problems I have had was wondering if he was alive, and needed me beside him before he died. I felt like I had failed him, by not being there. They told me that he was breathing,but not alert. As I have said before, I woke up at the time he died, so I feel like he came to me, so I guess I was with him.

The brain does strange things when something like this happens, so I wanted the details, so that I did not guess what happened.

Being without him is getting easier for me. I still cry, and I don't take every day small bumps in the road things very well yet, but I do feel myself getting better.

Last night we let his friends go through some more of his stuff, to get things they wanted, and could use. It was fun watching them talk about something they picked out, and the memories behind it.

As I read about others who have gone through this, I feel blessed. I still have a son on this earth, my marriage is as strong as ever, and my other son is an angel. Life is good.

I don't have any plans for today, except getting some more things done for the house.

Doug, You warmed my heart with the picture. God Bless you and those babies.

Delf, Prayers for you as you go through so much. I am there for you.

To all others, I love you,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny here, but back to a colder day....Bruce called me, the roof of his building leaked, and damage to equipment is, more than likely. Tough times I'm afraid The weight of the snow, then the melting of it, is the culprit.

I have an appointment this morning, and that's all I have on my agenda.

Luanne, you are so far ahead mentally and spiritually, than so many, people would be. You amaze me, and give many strength.

Delf, I have always said, as a child helping your parents, and in your case your sister as well, if you can lay your head on your pillow at night, knowing you have given all you can, you will sleep well...my friend, you will sleep very well.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 9th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Top 'O the Morning "Mates".
Me and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) are just back from one of the best cruises we've had in a long, long time. Our seven days aboard the beautiful Carnival "Triumph" was fabulous, and we had such a good time.
We sat down to the "first dinner" and discovered that my long time agent, whom I'd never met face to face, and her husband, had joined us. WOW, what a fantastic time we had. I knew we had a lot in common, but the list was almost endless. I'll post a short synopsis later, but the boss is calling, so I've got to get to work.

Ken
"SKY"
Old February 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is bright and sunny, but a deceiving -15C! We had a little melting yesterday, along with some freezing rain and wind, so the snow is a little lower than it was....but we know, it ain't over yet!

Had a great time at the Bark'n Brunch yesterday. It wasn't too crowded (they divided reservations into 2 seatings at 2 different times), the food was good, the dogs had a great time socializing, and there were doggies there for adoption as well as beautiful door prizes. I did not come home with an extra dog, but oh, I was tempted!

After the brunch I came home and had another long nap, and that finally did the trick - I felt much better when I woke, and was able to get the housework done. I think this cold is finally on it's way out!

Delft, hope you feel better too.
Jen, that's a lot of driving!
Doug - great photo!
Luanne, you are doing great -hang in there!

donna
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Morning to all,,,
Another gorgeous day here in the Tidewater of Va. Yesterday we had temps in the 70's,,,,felt just like summer.

Had the grand's over and we all played outside.

Hope everyone has a great day,,,Luanne, hope things continue to look brighter for you.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
I am about to head out the door for a Monday with first graders. We got a bit of rain last night. My dear kitty just plopped on my lap and wants to be petted. Some days it is hard to leave home.
Doug, your little granddaughter is just precious. I got to hold my greatnephew for a bit on Saturday. What a sweetie. Louanne, you are doing a kind thing to share with Joe's friends. They get support and comfort from being with you. Delft, thoughts remain with you during this tough transition. Trip, have a safe drive. RD, glad you are feeling better.
I guess the field of working with kids is considered to be the most "Germy"
profession.
Have a good one mates,

jojo
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:29 AM
First Mate

Doug that's sure a cute baby!!

Yes it's Monday, but I'm glad to report we booked a cruise last night on Liberty of the Seas - woohoo!!! We hadn't expected to book one this year but it's going to be our son's belated 16th bday cruise. Shhh...it's a surprise!

Old February 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Just catching up around here. I was sick as a dog again yesterday. I sure hope the doctor and I can figure this out before our upcoming cruise or Paul will be left to eat all the scones by himself.

Delft, I'm so glad that things are going well for the big move for your mom and sister. Your life of giving and caring is an inspiration to me. Hope you are feeling better.

Jen, hope you feel better soon too. You're another one who spends so much time caring for and serving others.

RD, glad you are feeling better too.

Doug, thanks for sharing the picture this morning. What a sweetie that little one is.

Luanne, my heart goes out to you.

Trip, hope all goes well at your appointment.

Take care everyone
Phyll
Old February 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Morning to All,

After a beautiful weekend it's raining here with winds gusting up to 60mph!! We're at a balmy 60 degrees and tomorrow is suppose to be the same but from then on it goes down hill - with snow in the forecast for Friday and colder temps for the weekend -

Doug, the baby is precious - soon, we'll see you holding all three at one time!!

Hopefully everyone can have a great day - and prayers are going out for all who are in need!!
Old February 9th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default Monday-It is Monday Again, Isn't It?

Good morning from super soggy Southern Califronia, The sun shines, but that could change quickly, as it is supposed to rain all week off and on.

I have an appt. with the diabetic nurse this morning to learn how to give insulin to myself. Keith is going with as a back up, but also moral support.

Doug, that's a gret picture.
RD, I'm glad you're feeling better.
VtJen, I hope you scrape out some time to see the doctor.

Gotta get a move-on. Have a good Monday.

Judy
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd get a few words in while it is still morning. An absolutely gorgeous day here in upper East Tennessee where the predicted high of 72 will be dancing with a record.

Delft, you are a wonderful daughter and sibling and we do so hope you will quickly feeling better. As Trip said, you certainly must sleep well at night!

Doug, your granddaughter is absolutely precious! We all know that when the stuff hits the fan at work after the passing of the legislation, you being the professional you are, will "git 'er done" with utmost efficiency.

Jen, you probably should slow down more than just a bit. Hope you're feeling a whole lot better by tomorrow.

Luanne, I'll only add to what's already been posted by saying you are indeed, one in a million!

Trip, hope Bruce is able to rectify things and that the damage is minimal.

Ken, WELCOME HOME! I know, it's rough to return to the real world. Can't wait to read about your latest cruise adventure.

RDonna, glad the Bark 'n Brunch was so successful and it sounds as if you had a really great time. Thanks so much for supporting your shelter's efforts as you truly have no idea how much folks such as you are appreciated by folks such as us'ns.

Travelnut, can't wait to get back to Virginia Beach hopefully this fall for a few days. Gosh we loved going back last Fall.

Jojob, I know the feeling of leaving your pets. Sometimes they're acting so cute it' really difficult.

Silver_cloud, Congratulations on your cruise booking. What a sixteenth birthday present for your young man.

Phyll, for Heaven's sake, get cured before your cruise!

Bahamamomma, sorry your weather has turned sour but at least you got a great weekend. Anyway, that's what Monday's are for. The term "Blue Monday" is often most appropriate.

Judy, Don't worry about the insulin injection. I take Byetta which is also injectable. Piece 'o cake! Just be glad you're not the type who faints at the sight of a needle!

Well, I got called away on an animal problem and we're past noon so I'll close with, "Good afternoon Cruisemates!"

Todd
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Good afternoon everyone! It is supposed to be a nice day today (63) and then rain possibly tomorrow and Wednesday. I'll take 60's and rain in a heartbeat before the frigid temps.

Sounds like everyone is hitting a lot of running, appointments, work and

Judy - it will be easier than you think. You can do it!!!!!

Luanne - my prayers still go out to you.

Everyone else - have a wonderful day. I've gotta get back to the work thing today. Such a busy Monday as always!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008