Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Admiral

Default It is Monday!

Happy Anniversary irish, and havea wonderful cruise!!

The morning has arrived, I could have slept longer, but the pups decided that they needed to take care of business. Ignoring three crawling bodies over mine is impossible. All it takes is one to wake up and they all do!

Drove to Ontario to get my mother and take her back to my place to look at the house. They will manage, but it is awfully hard to picture yourself in a townhouse in the city versus a large country home on a couple hundred acres. My sister had many tears yesterday, not because of the house, but her guilt at feeling like a burden. We tell her she is not a burden, she is family and we love her, then I am crying her telling her this, and her heart breaks in the midst of her pain and she gets up to hug me. My sister has a heart of gold. Yes, she can be difficult at times like a child, they have that temper, but no one has a bigger heart. So then we head back to the farm and have a nice early dinner and share a few laughs. Came back home to start some picking up th house house work. My goodness, it needed it.

My leg and hip are bothering me from the fall the other day. Hope it feels less painful soon. In the mean time the week is jam packed and I don't look forward to this at all.

[/b]
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is 17 here and I am not sure what the forecast is for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was busy - got held up at church, then rushed home changed went to my sil - her dd was home so we ate and enjoyed visiting with our niece and her bf. Then I came home and basically vegged out for the rest of the day - to tired to get out of my own way.

Up early - for the same reason as Delft - the dog seemed to think he needed to get up extra early. Maybe they smell spring in the air.

Need to go shower, as I must be at hospital at 8 for tests. Then home and see if I can get my daughter in to see a doc anywhere. She thinks she has an ear infection, and of course she must fly on Thursday - she has no insurance and it is very hard to see any physicians here - months wait, and today is a holiday.

Then I need to come home and somehow suck up enough energy to get something done around here.

It will be another busy week here too.

Delft - it sounds like you had a productive day yesterday, tho' bittersweet. Praying that all the readjustments for you all go smoothly.

Wishing all our Mates a pleasant day,
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I'm up, but certainly not as early as Delft and VtJen!
The weather is dull, gray, miserable and cold at -8C (17F like Jen).
The forecast this week is for some snow by Wed. night, not looking forward to that!

Had a nice, relaxing weekend, and got all the housework done. Finished yet another jigsaw puzzle too, I'm turning them out like a factory lately!

Wishing all my Mates a good week ahead....

donna
Old February 16th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning "Mates" from beautiful downtown Lakeland, Florida. It's currently 67 degrees F., and the sun is shining, the gently breezes are blowing, the birds are tweeting, and the squirrels are playing and wrestling each other. Life is good.
Hope all my "Mates" have a wonderful day. God bless Luanne, and all the others who need his help and blessing today.

Ken
"SKY"
Old February 16th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and cold here today. but we all know what's coming, and we all wait with bated breath....SPRING!

Yesterday, I partially wallpapered the bathroom, age and issues tell me to do things slower, so, I listen We also had a mini thanksgiving dinner,which hit the spot

Today I am off to have a bone density scan...if every medical test was as painless as this, we would all be health fanatics

Everyone who needs a hug, is getting one, ready??

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Virginia Beach where I woke up to snow on the lawn. It is so rare for it to snow in the Tidewater area of Virginia. Alas, it is already warming up and in the upper 30's now. I had a great workout at the gym, ordered a pair of shoes online, and will meet a friend for lunch. Happy president's day and may all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day.
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull, chilly Texas. We have been so lucky this year with our temps. One little space heater in the morning, pretty much does it for us.

We don't have a lot planned for today. Just a little of this and a little of that.

Delf, My thoughts and prayers going to you. You have a mighty weight on your shoulders.

Love to you all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,

Goodness Balbusta we didn't get snow over here (I'm on the penninsula.) But it's sure cold enough.

Since today is Presidents day schools are closed and yep I am babysitting all 3 grandsons. Wow are they a handfull.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,,,and prayers to those in need,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Jake has an afternoon flight out today so we had a nice breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Now I am sitting here waiting for the repair man for the air conditioner. Thankfully it has cooled off outside. I sure hope the repair will be minor and we won't need a new AC.

Prayers going out for Delft, and Luanne.

Phyll
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default It is Monday

Yep, it's Monday, pouring like everything, and the schools are closed.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old February 16th, 2009, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
I hope you have all had a good day. Delft, our thoughts are with you. The transition will not be easy for you. You know what you are doing is what your mom and sister need. They will adjust. I remember moving to Colorado after my mom died. It took awhile to adjust to not being home. Work was good because it allowed me to meet some people and make some new connections. Is there a way to get your sister involved with people other than just you?
We had a cool and sunny day here. The kids had the day off. We had an inservice all day in our school's library. I call it SIT AND GET. It is hard to sit for eight hours in one room.
Blessings to all who need them.

jojo