Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning all, from Montreal, where it is dark, dull and very wet, but at least it is not snowing!

I am so glad it is Friday, it has been a long tiring week for me with the extra hours, but then again, extra hours mean extra cruising money!

Have a good one!

I decided to edit and add a little sunshine to this gloomy day!

Princess Cays

donna
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning from New Britain Connecticut.

It's sunny and mild this morning.

I can't believe that two weeks from today we are flying to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise on the Celebrity Solstice.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

Well Donna it is dark here too in Indiana. It looks like over the next week or so we'll probably won't get much above the 50's but the good news is there are only a few nights where it will get down below freezing. That makes me very happy.

Well I only have about 4 bags of pellets left. Not sure what to do. I may go down and see if any of the stores have any left. I saw some a week or so ago, just don't recall where lol. I have only turned the stove on in the mornings when we wake up. it gets a little chilly inside around the low sixties, so I just kick it on in the morning when we wake up for a few hours. Once it gets up to around 75 I turn it off for the rest of the day. Then at night once I start cooking dinner, the house warms right up again.

I am kind of excited, I found out there is some property I have long wanted to buy, and it is now for sale. The price is good. I spoke to the guy handling it last night and I may be able to buy it. I hope to hear more from him in the next week or so. Cross your fingers it works out.

Well finally got some more meds for d/d yesterday evening. It always seems to take forever for the Doctors to get the meds phoned into the pharmacy. She had a peaceful sleep last night with very little coughing, so it was worth the wait.

D/h had to drive to Bloomington today for a meeting. He's been really tired this week. I think he's been staying up too late, blowing things up on his computer. Most nights I have been hitting the hay before him and I think he just needs to give up and go to sleep earlier. He'll get used to his new routine. I think he may also be coming down with d/d's bug.

I spoke to d/h's Mom yesterday. It seems they will be coming down for a visit in about a month. They haven't come down in several years due to her health issues, but it seems she is up to it and they will be coming for d/s's birthday. At a point d/h and I discussed it and we had concluded that they probably would never be able to come back down for another visit and so I basically dismantled the guestroom which was never really a guestroom but the sunroom converted into a sleeping area for them. Well now we have the fifth wheel and they can stay out there, so that all has to be cleaned since it has sat all winter since the factory replaced the roof and sidewalls in October. BTW I just got notified that the manufacturer filed for bankruptcy, so I am sure glad I got the thing in to be worked on last year while it was under warranty. I sure feel bad for all those folks in the Elkhart area who have lost their jobs and now are faced with relocating to find work. This area hasn't been impacted nearly as hard as others by the recession. I kind of feel like we took the big manufacturing exodus over the past 20 years, so there isn't much left to impact us. I think we hit bottom a long time ago, about the time of the first Persian Gulf War when the economy took a giant dump, and our GM plant here closed down and then many other factories closed or moved production down to Mexico since.

Well that's our exciting news here as the sun decides to rise and I contemplate what chores to attack first.

Hope you all have a great day. Prayers to those of you going through a tough time.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 27th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates and all the ships at sea!

What a sunny way to end the week, RDonna. The picture is beautiful!

The weather here is cloudy as well and is supposed to provide us with yet more rain later on. We're definitely out of our extended drought and we're so thankful of that. Now if it could just give me one or two beautiful days to cut the "jungle" again!

I think I related the amount of my hospital bill when I got my Defibrillator implant and how I thought it was ridiculously high. Well, I was wrong. I was just notified yesterday that after contractual obligations, the total amount paid to the hospital was over $202,300.00! I was wrong on the cost of the little ICD itself when I said it cost as much as a high end Buick. It actually cost as much as a dressed out Mercedes "S" Class. The hospital received $89,000.00 for it alone!

I told Fran if they'd told me how much the total would cost, I would have negotiated with them by telling them, "Look, just send me a check for 150 grand to use for cruising and I'll take my chances on how long I stick around." I'm serious when I say I am not even worth the amount of the initiaL bill, much less what it ended up costing. II am already 62 and without that thing in my chest, I well might have lived as much as another five, possibly even ten years. I've had a wonderful life full of Blessings and am just sick when I realize how far such a huge amount of money would have gone toward helping very sick children. Well, what's done is done.

Hope everyone has a magnificent weekend! Prayers go out to those on the list and may Blessings shower upon each of you.

Todd
Old March 27th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Dark, rainy, windy. RD and I are sharing much the same weather. Tomorrow they say 60 - I find that hard to believe.

Off to work in a bit. Funeral yesterday was the most amazing one I have ever been too. But it did leave me drained. It was emotional,
and with the lack of sleep, I felt totally depleted by the time I got home.

Today will be catch up I don't know how I ended up with so much to do at the church office this week, or if I was just poorly organized, or if I just had more interuptions than usual. I just know I have a lot left to do.
Also need to get to the store - We are out of toilet paper, thank the Good Lord for Kleenex. Also I need lots of wrapping paper for the baby shower tomorrow. Also need to get some shopping done for the Church breakfast.

Well I just keep sitting here thinking of all that needs to be done, so I best get moving.

Hope everyone has a good day -
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone - from my little corner of Ks. we're getting ready for Snow! yep, flowers are blooming, the trees and bushes are budding and now 4-8 inches of snow is expected. The winds are starting to get stronger and the temps are getting cooler - just hope it holds off til later!! I'm at work and need to make the run to the grocery store and get the essentials, milk, bread and eggs - stuff Mom always said to have on hand!! I usually do, and with the snow coming I'm just doing my weekly shopping one day earlier!!

Well, looks as though everyone has lots that they are dealing with whether it be good or bad -

RD - great pic, thanks for sharing especially when I'm looking at snow tomorrow!!

I hope everyone has a great day - prayers for all and let's all pray that Spring gets here soon - no more playing around!!
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates! Nice morning in Central Florida, temp is 70 and sunny. Day off for me today. Lots of house work to keep me busy. Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 27th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Well, we have another round of thunderstorms forecasted for today, even though they have decreased the chances some. I'm thankful for the rain this week, because we have had such drought. Also, our lawn of mowed before the rains started.

Some of this and that, again today, and then this evening, if the weather cooperates, we are meeting another couple for dinner. After dinner we plan on sitting out under the trees, having a drink, and listening to some music.

Tomorrow I'm going to Sky Dive Spaceland, just south of Houston. Nope, not to sky dive (no way), but Limbs of Love is having a fundraiser there. All the proceeds will go to purchase artificial limbs for amputees. There are a lot of insurance companies that do not cover prosthetics. Among the attendees will be 15 amputee Wounded Warriors, who lost their limbs while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Legislature has been introduced on the local level and the national level, to require insurance companies to fund artificial limbs on par with medicare. Anyway, it sounds like something I would like to help support.

Todd, I have a feeling that Fran would argue your worth -- and you're not there, yet!

The weekend is here! Everyone enjoy!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 27th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

Good morning from Southern California. Another warm day here.

Todd, I felt the same way. I would have accepted whatever fate dealt me rather than add to the cost, the trouble and the time. But that was not to be permitted. Keith told me I had no choice and that I "had to try."

Darlene, I didn't know that insurance companies didn't cover the cost of artificial limbs, even for service men. That's unconceanable (sp.). In CA by law, they must cover the cost of breast prosthesis.

Not much goin' on here. Keith will go to the gym and I will finish the ironing.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Hi all,,
Checking in late today,,,my morning has been upside down It's one of those if it can,, it sure will,, days,,, :evil:
All I can say if TGIF !!!

Woke up to lots of fog,,,couldn't see the water across the street,,,it's still hanging around and it's already noon here,,,rain is also heading our way,,, But that's what makes the flowers grow.

Darlene sounds like a good thing to invest your energy in,,,i'm apauled (sp) that's not covered by insurance. Something really needs to be done,,,

Todd 62 is NOT old by todays standards,,,,DH turned 62 yesterday and he's def not old. Me,,,I refuse to grow up,,,so I'm sure not getting old either.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day,,,,prayers to those that need them,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Judy,

You DID have to try! What I said went only for me simply because my heart is in such terrible shape anyway and while the defib unit might bring me back from cardiac arrest, it does not prevent heart attacks of which I've had several already. That coupled with the heredity factor (as I've previously related my zygotic identical twin died from a heart attack at 43) I consider myself very lucky indeed to even be around to write this post.

Your situation is far far different and you even have the possibility of becoming cancer free! Keith was absolutely right!

BTW, I've just learned that my cardiovascular surgeon's infant daughter Karrie is having open heart surgery this Wednesday in Philadelphia and I ask everyone who reads this post to please place her on your prayer list. Thank you and God Bless.

Todd
Old March 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Todd will be praying for Karrie. And I am glad that you did not know the cost to the insurance company before hand. You are far more valuable than that to your family, friends and to all the furry creatures you work so tirelessly for.