Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already?

Morning All, from Montreal, where I'm wondering where everybody is this morning?
No Sgt. Todd to hustle us all out of bed, that's the problem!

Well it's looking rather dull out there this morning, and sure enough, rain is in the forecast for the rest of the day. Glad we moved our outdoor fieldtrip to tomorrow, when it is supposed to be HOT and sunny!

I don't know what I will do with myself tonight with no LOST anymore.
I guess I can always start re-watching the whole Season 5 on tape....

Wishing you all a great Hump-Day!

donna
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am happy today. Not sure why I feel so good, but I do. The sun is shining. d/d woke up at 6 to see d/h off as he left for work (on time for a change lol) she is now sound asleep on the sofa. I knew sleeping beauty wouldn't be able to make it all day getting up that early lol. We're gonna have a couple hours of school, then I am gonna go get my hair done. D/S has his first ball game today. and hopefully all will go well.
D/S just woke up and is laughing at d/d who is snoring and drooling all over herself. I figure it's cheap entertainment lol.

Well there's lots of work to do, and so I better get it in gear and move it. Hope you all have a happy hump day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
What a nice day here, and tomorrow close to 90..Yayay!! Yesterday I had to take the kids in the car...something I have not done by myself, and before long I was saying..OY! That 66 year old pregnant woman does not know what she is getting herself into...bless her heart!!!

Still waiting to see if my shop gets it's lease renewed, but even still, I am still beading.....waiting to see if I can get my designs into other venues....I sure hope so...

Rd come to chat tonight, and we can get you in the mood for your cruise

Make it a good one.......

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 20th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning, from in the 60's, Virginia Beach. Rob and I have been back home for a week and a day and it took me ths long to catch up with chores, cleaning, and most of all sleep! I must say that we had a wonderful time on our repsitioning cruise to europe. The beauty of Funchel, Madeira, was a wonderful surpirse. ( chickened out on taking the bobsled ride down the hill, but there were other women, who did the same, leaving their husbands by themselves). I loved going to see the oldest lighthouse in the world in La Caruna, Spain and seeing the statue of Maria Pinto, who saved the city. Paris, with the Eiffel Tower, the L'arc de triumph and the Louve was fabulous along with the luncheon cruise we took along the Seine. The white cliffs of Dover were something not to miss, but I also enjoyed doing some shopping at the outlet mall we found there. The Ann Frank house left an indelible mark on both Rob and I since Rob's mother's family originally came from the Netherlands and many were killed in the concentration camps. We had a great cruise!!!
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already?

Good morning! Looks like a beautiful day out there.

No big plans for today. Hope to get a couple of errands done.

Have a nice day.

Judy
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's going to be another hot May day here in the lakes area. A temperature of close to 90 is predicted.

It's been an interesting couple of days. I went in for my ablation on Monday but things didn't go as planned. Once they got inside they found that things are more "complex" than anticipated. There is more scar tissue in the lower part of the chamber and this is causing the problem and is posing a problem because there isn't a valid electrical path for the "beat" pulse to travel to the lower part.

Once this was discovered we decided to stop the procedure. The plan now is to do a much more complicated procedure on June 9th. This will zap the scar tissue and will probably require implanting a different type of pacemaker. I guess I am now 100% pacemaker dependent. I will get four fun filled days in the hospital for all of this. I hope they really gork me out to avoid my hospital boredom. In the interim I am now on blood thinners and heavy duty anti-arrhythmia medication. With only one day on the anti-arrhythmics I can tell that the most physical thing I'll be doing is feeding the dog.

I'll have to give Betty a refresher course on the tractor so she can mow the lawn. The last time she mowed the lawn she did it "REALLY" fast and it looked like it. Now, if I can get Kramer to use the vacuum cleaner, I'm home free.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday and that the rest of the week is a great one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Well good evening everyone! Sorry I didn't post this morning but I had an early morning meeting about a fund raiser we're having. We're going to be blocking intersections (aka "dodge 'em cars") this Saturday on behalf of the Humane Society.

You sounded so cheerful BW and in such a wonderful humor this morning. 'Course it's probably been shot to hell by now.

Trip, why are you folks going "yea-yea-yea" over 90 degree temps? I'll be interested to know your opinions about the weather come late July!

Balabusta, have you written a cruise review yet? I for one would love to read one from you!

Mike, my clairvoyance prompts me to say I see an ICD in your future. That is what I have and my situation seems somewhat similar to yours, scarring and the proverbial "dead zone." One great thing is, if they are thinking of an ICD, you won't have to worry about where the nearest defibrillator is!

As far as I know, they're still planning on doing a Cardioversion on moi but last I had heard, my cardio-vascular surgeon still hadn't returned from the trauma of the death of his 17 month old daughter. I guess I'll have to go through the ultra close scrutiny of my dosage of D-Con all over again.

Well the sun is setting now on Hump day. Everybody get to bed early tonight cause you never know when that terror of the night, the twistedly evil "Sarge" is going to rise up. Don't worry my little pretties, he's out there....HA-HA-HA- Ha-ha-ha-ha.

Todd