Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Finally

Good Morning where once again it is dark with rain on the way. The last few days actually held out, but because we always expect rain, even when dry it feels like it rained!
It's been a very busy week. Alot to care for my family, and also for the town homes I live in alot of preparations for a large meeting we had, regarding the roof replacement project of over 7 million. It was finally over last night and it went very well.
Today, alot of errands, clean the house, do the wash, same old same old.
Have a great day every one.
Old July 25th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Admiral

G'Morning "Mates". Well, me and the pups were up "bright and early" this morning, thanks to one of my customers who decided it was a good idea to wake us up, and then when I told him I'd have to take control of his system to fix it, he decided it wasn't nearly as important as he originally thought. Last week went by quickly, and I just couldn't stand waiting much more for our next cruise, so I booked "Glory" for next month. I'm READY! I need a week of total relaxation, and karaoke to unwind! Can't wait!
Hope to see y'all aboard.

Ken
"SKY"
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where as Delft says, we're just waitin' for the rain.... It's dull, and humid right now, and will probably escape the rain like the last 2 days, but it's always in the forecast.
I've got too much cleaning and packing to do to worry about the weather anyway....

This morning's post title "Saturday Finally" is exactly how I feel. It has been the l-o-n-g-e-s-t week!
I sure wish I could book a cruise as easily as you Ken, just to make the time pass faster!
Instead of booking, we just cancelled a cruise, the one for next March on HAL's Noordam. With the move happening, we just don't know the financial situation for next year, especially since I will have to find work once I get there.
Meanwhile, we've kept the Nov. one, because we will really need a cruise after this move is over!

Beenie, hope all is well with the little guy today and that you both had an uneventful night.

donna
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Like Rd and Delft - dark, dull and damp - but unlike them, rain - pouring down showers, and more to come I believe. Oh, well I am trying to find joy in it, for what else can I do?

Yesteday I finally figured out that it was not allergies causing my symptoms, but I believe a cold - since I ran a low-grad temp most of the day - sore throat, and of course the congestion. Not fun, but I have too much to accomplish to let it hinder me overly much. I all of a sudden just feel like I have to get stuff done, mostly stuff for other people - things to bring blessing and joy. I should hate to think that if I left someone in my realm unblessed. Plus, my house needed much attention, for which I made considerable progress yesterday - if I can muster up some more gumption, I just might get on top of it all. I need to shampoo my carpets, but with this constant damp, I don't think I could ever get them dry, so I am trying to be patient.

Hope BW son is doing well this morning. BW if you think he would like a card to cheer him up - please feel free to send me a personal message with your address so I could send one his way.

Judy - thoughts and prayers heading your way today.

Good day to you all
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am so very pleased to report that we survived yesterday and I am also amazed at how brave and strong my boy is. He had some really awful pain shortly after he awoke from surgery, and we were blessed with a very professional, attentive and assertive nurse who did a wonderful job rounding him up some morphine to get rid of the pain long enough for his other pain meds to kick in. The surgeon gave me his cell phone and pager number and we were home by 3:00. I could not have asked for a better experience.

I was up much of the night with him, not because of the pain or anything like that. But because the drugs keep him awake and he is obsessed with building his Lego empire. Plus I have been vigilantly giving his dose of pain meds at the minimum intervals which means he gets something every 3 hours. Here he is at 4:00 a.m.

We really needed your thoughts and prayers yesterday and I thank you all. I am so blessed to know all of you.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Prayers coming your way BW for your son. He will bounce back in no time as kids recuperate so quickly.
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............it's gonna be HOT......suppose to be this way for the next 2 weeks........I'll take it......

The Alaska cruises are having great weather for their sail-aways.........can't wait til it's my turn to leave.....hope the weather holds....

BW.....glad to hear ds came thru with flying colors.........sounds like mine when he was younger & the Legos........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Finally

Good morning from Southern California.

BW, glad to hear taht your son is doing so well.
RD, I don't like that word "cancel" when it's applied to cruises!

No special plans today. It's a toss-up between the "should dos" and the "wanna dos." The most important word to me right now is "heal." Monday begins my last week of radiation. Lotsa "hoorahs" for that!

Have a good one no matter what you do.

Judy
Old July 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Beenie, hope you don't mind, I enlarged your photo so we could actually see the little guy behind all that Lego!

Judy, a big hooray for you too!

donna
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Admiral

B/W,

Are we looking at the next Donald Trump? I'll bet his private nurse sitting on the table with the Lego's is insuring is recovery is continuous.

Thanks for the grand news!

Todd (and his faithful companion, Fran)