Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Default Celtic Thunder

Tonight on PBS I discovered the Irish group Celtic Thunder, 5 amazing singers with a Celtic backup orchestra who are just as entertaining as the talented singers.
If you have never heard of them, check them out:

http://www.celticthunder.ie/

You won't be disappointed!

donna
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Admiral

I have seen then I think on PBS before - I do enjoy them.

Just think you'll be in Nova Scotia next year for the Tattoo - will be making plans to attend.
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Admiral

On this one I do agree!! I actually bought the CD already!

(As you know, except for one song of TSO, I can't take them for even five minutes)
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Admiral

TRULY OUTSTANDING! Thanks, Donna for posting this. I've never had the pleasure of hearing this group before.......GREAT!

Ken
"SKY"
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Banned
Captain

I would rather have my fingernails pulled out one-by-one than sit through one Celtic song, by these guys or any other. Riverdance was interesting for 30 seconds. Then it became just annoying. How anyone can sit through the same thing for 90 minutes is simply beyond me. (but then, I never could figure out how anyone could eat Haggis without spewing chunks) Fiddles and bagpipes need to be burned, every single one of them, in the interest of public sanity.
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Careful Captain, or DavidB will get you!! One does not diss haggis.
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Gee Captain, tell us how you really feel!

donna
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Banned
Captain

now don't get me started on the Bee Gees....
Old August 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Admiral

Sure wish you'd get off the fence about Celtic music, and dance. Come on,,,,either you like it,,,or you don't.....How do you really feel???

"SKY"
Old August 11th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Geez............Captain you are just a real bundle of joy!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 11th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Admiral

I was raised in a household that was full of music. As a result I can find something I love from an extremely wide diversity. I must confess that in my case, that nevertheless pretty much elminate 90% of today's kid's music and 99.9999% (I try and leave my options open) of rap. In my home and car you'll find light classical; light opera; good 'ol piano thunderin', foot stompin' southern gospel; Country; 60's and 70's rock n' roll; some contemporary; big band; Broadway; jazz (except "progressive"); Dixieland and so on.

My Niece and her boyfriend are (they do all behind the scenes technical stuff such as mixing, etc. -- they're really professionals) I guess it would be proper to say, one of the original backers of a rock 'n roll band from the Isle Of Man by the moniker of Back Door Slam. I'll soon write more about them in a separate post. Venice, take note!

Todd

Sorry Captain, but this is the first time I've either heard or heard of Celtic Thunder and I found them magnificent! Now I gotta' get a CD!

Todd
Old August 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Stunning!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Todd, I am 100 percent in agreement with you. I can't stand the crap that I hear played right now.

I like just about all the types you listen too as well as 50's and traditional folk music and bluegrass. Bring back the good stuff!!!!!!!!!
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Admiral

I pretty much like most types of music, allthough I have trouble with the very loud and electric sounds of like TSO, maybe because I wear hearing aids and it seems to grate on them giving me very bad headaches. I also realize the stuff my son listens to is what he likes and his generation, and I respect that, and I am sure one day he will make coments about his childrens choice of music as well. I remember well my great grandmother talking when I was a child about that terrible music, it was sixties good old rock and roll. Some of the music that my son likes I have actually also liked. It's not all bad. The one gendre of music I do not have much appetite for and neither does my son is rap.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Admiral

HAAAA,,,My feelings about "RAP" are pretty much like Captain Tennelle's are about Celtic! I don't even consider it music, and wonder how anybody can listen to it for any extended period of time. (Like 15 seconds or more)

"SKY"
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Banned
Captain

Skymaster: welcome to the "bundle of joy corner".

ps to Cruznut2: FYI: just because I express myself openly in anonymous forums does not by any stretch of the imagination make me a nasty person. A crazy woman who takes this stuff personally has been leaving messages in my PM, and I just let it all slide.... some of us are just nuttier than others. Peace.
Old August 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tennille
Skymaster: welcome to the "bundle of joy corner".

ps to Cruznut2: FYI: just because I express myself openly in anonymous forums does not by any stretch of the imagination make me a nasty person. A crazy woman who takes this stuff personally has been leaving messages in my PM, and I just let it all slide.... some of us are just nuttier than others. Peace.
The comment was meant as "tongue in cheek" I can see it was not taken as such. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old August 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Banned
Captain

"Careful Captain, or DavidB will get you!! One does not diss haggis."

On the contrary, I have the utmost admiration for anyone who can actually eat that stuff.