Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Default Hey It's Tuesday!

Good morning everyone. As I glance over to the clock and notice its 0500 hrs EDT Sarge thought he'd take a moment just to nudge everyone to, "GET OUTTA' THAT RACK AND GET CRACKIN' "

Now that we've got the morning pleasantries out of the way...

Only around three more days in Montreal Rollerdonna and then the Big Adventure commences. Yeah it will be a bittersweet parting from all the familiar things you've known for all these years but what an exciting future!! You must be beside yourself with anticipation. I certainly would be if it were I who was moving to such a gorgeous hacienda located in one of the more beautiful areas of North America. And just think. From here on out, no having to haul your keester out of bed at the crack of dawn or even before because, as a TV add for Dunkin' Donuts years ago in this country used to proclaim, "It's time to make the Doughuts!" Now you get to eat 'em!

About the only thing on tap today is a quick visit to the Dentist to have a permanent filling installed where a temporary one now exists.

Fran is so excited about our short land cruise to Va. Beach this Friday. She's been worrying about storms and heavy rain possibly negatively impacting the trip so it will do my heart good this morning to tell her that the latest forecast is for really nice weather while we're there, with the greatest chance for rain being the day we come home. Truth be told, I'm really looking forward to the trip as well. Looks as if Balabusta, your favorable "Touris Weather" is back in play again this year!

Hope #1 son is still progressing well, Beenie Weenie. Is he getting used to walking on his "new" foot? Boy, he'll be rarin' to go on that cruise, I'll betcha'.

As per usual, prayers continue for all those on the list as well as the daily request for multitudinous Blessings on all!

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well it sure feels like a Monday in spite of the consensus that it is actually Tuesday. Well I nearly have the pool ready to be put away until next May when we'll drag it out again. I still haven't finished the sunroom, so my work is cut out for me, along with the laundry.

51 days until we cruise. I need to round up a cat sitter. I don't want to leave kitty too long by herself. Think I will see if the neighbors will come over and play with her and give her some Fancy Feast while we're gone. She generally does well, but she has gotten used to us being around a lot more than we used to be.

I have served d/s notice that his days of lounging in the recliner are over. He needs to get up in a vertical position and moving again. Yesterday he spent the day scooting around on his rear end. He swiped my camcorder and made home made movies of all his beenie babies. As soon as I finish the sunroom and clear the last remains out, his computer is going back out there. It is too easy to just veg out in front of the puter and TV.

Well I must have another cup of coffee. The kids are still asleep (I hope they aren't coming down with something eek). It is unusual for at least one of them to not be awake yet.

I hope you guys all have a great Tuesday. I better get moving and start my work.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Gee thanks Todd, I didn't need THAT early a wake up call!

It looks dull out there this morning, first time we haven't seen bright and sunny in over 2 weeks. It was supposed to be nice and warm, may still get there later....I hope so, because we're headed to a goodbye BBQ at my sister's today.

There's been a lot of goodbye lunches/dinners/BBQs lately, we had another 2 yesterday. The first one was a lovely sunny day in the country at a beautiful property with a pool, and last night our neighbours had us over for drinks outside with a bunch of other neighbours, it's been non-stop partying!

But Todd is right, only 4 more days as a Montrealer, and then the adventure begins. The first part of the adventure involves a 13-14 hour drive with the dog and cat in the car, that should be interesting!

donna
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a lovely morning here in the land where Fall is on the horizon. There are already a few trees starting to turn.

We had a bit of a scare yesterday. Our three year old grandson went missing for over a half hour. The kids were playing outside and my daughter and SIL were feeding the horses. My grandson said he had to go "potty" and went into the house. That was the last he was seen for the next half hour.

They looked everywhere for him. My daughter was ready to call the Police when she heard "It's OK, don't cry." from the clinic monitor. My daughter's vet clinic and hospital is on the lower level of their home and the outside door and the door to house have automatic locks. The interior door between the living quarters and the clinic has a combination lock on the door to the vet clinic. This is why they hadn't searched the clinic.

It seems when he went into the house he heard one of the patients (a dachshund who had knee surgery) whining. He then proceeded to punch in the combination code to the clinic and went down and sat with the dog and kept petting it to stop it from crying. When asked how he opened the door he just said: "I pushed the buttons." This isn't an easy thing to do because the combination was a series of two buttons pushed simultaneously and then two other buttons. My daughter asked him to open the door again to make sure he really knew it or perhaps the door had not shut tight. He opened it with no problem. This is the type of lock on the door.

He was reprimanded for going to the clinic without his parents and also reprimanded for petting a dog in the clinic. (Though it was sweet what he did for the dog but dangerous.)

The lock combination has been changed.

Today is a "new cast" day. My walking cast cracked on Saturday. I guess it can't handle the load. Is someone telling me to lose weight.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 8th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............warming up a bit........70's.....80's by the weekend........we'll see.........

Mike.....isn't it nice how Drs. can say things nicely????? Isn't it amazing what young kids can do??? Even when you don't think they have seen you do it?????

Picking up our docs for October today & then a Dr appt for Larry......just a check up........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Admiral

RD,

When we moved back to Tennessee we brought our then six cats down in individual carriers stacked in the back seat of a Chevy Corsica. That too was a 14 hour drive and we were prepared for the worst. As it turned out they slept the entire way.

It's great that your dog and cat love each other. Otherwise you'd probably be serenaded with. "RRRRRUFFF, RUFF - MEOWWRRRR - GrrrrrROWF - meeeROOOOOWR HISS!

Such sweet music!

Todd
Old September 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Default Hey, It's Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. Labor Day here was just gorgeous with perfect temp and low humidity. I'm sure the fire fighers in our San Gabriels would like higher humidity, but everybody else loved it.

RD, I don't envy you that long drive with a couple of vocal animals.

Beenie, it really does seem like Monday!

Saturday I went shopping. With this economy the department stores have everything on sale including the building. Anyway, at Nordstrom, I saw a huge pile of handbags and zeroed in on one I liked.

Well, I made a mistake when I put it back on the pile. Another woman grabbed it up, walked around the sale table, looked at others. I waited to see if she would buy it, but decided to skeedaddle rather than have my little handbag heart broken, plus endure the ensuing lecture from Keith about "another purse." So somebody else got a really nifty grape colored handbag!

I have an appt. this afternoon with the oncologist and an appt. this morning with more housework . . . and no new purse!

Have a nice day.

Judy