Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday in Nova Scotia!

Good Morning CruiseMates near and far!
One week ago today I was on the road somewhere in Quebec, embarking on a journey of a lifetime. The cat was still howling, the dog was quiet, and I was singing along to my favourite CDs in the car.
Many hours later we landed in this strange new place in the dark, but ever since the following morning, we have been loving our new home.

Every morning we get up and say "Hello beautiful house", and every day as we drive off in a different direction to find some place, there's always beautiful views and never any traffic - it's wonderful!

So here it is, Saturday once again, and we still have a million things to do, but no deadline this time, we can just take our time.
The sun is shining, my huge Canadian flag is flapping in the breeze outside on the lawn, and the wooded area across the road is starting to change colour. In a few weeks it will be stupendous!

Hope everyone is well, I have missed all of you and I'm glad to be back!

donna
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where we wake up to bright sunshine. I did not sleep so well again. That makes mornings a little harder. Gracie and Lillie are at my feet competing for attention. Gracie is doing very well now compared to a week ago.

Glad you are enjoying your new home RD. I am sure you are glad to have the internet back.

Well, better head out the door and run a few errands. My mother is not able to do as much, less with each day and needs a lkittle more help with each day, but that is OK. She is in one way feeling much better since chemo has stopped. 14 months of weekly chemo was hard and her body needed a break, maybe it can start again to buy some more time, maybe not, but for today it is a better day and that is all that matters at this time.
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates and especially you Donna,
Congratulations on your new home. I hope you both enjoy many years of peaceful contentment there.

Delft hang in there. You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Today looks to be shaping up into a lovely day. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. I really had a bad allergy attack yesterday and am really battling it right now. We are supposed to get some rain over the next few day and I am optimistic that will help clear the air. I do feel better today then I did last night, but I really can't spare the time to be sick right now, so I just can't be bothered with it.

I spoke to MIL yesterday. Looks like they are coming for a visit in a few weeks. so I will be working around here to get everything spruced up for their visit. Also I need to go out to check on the "villa" (the fifth wheel and now our guesthouse lol) to get it in order and stocked with all their favorite things.

I finally, just about have the sunroom in order. I nearly have cleared the debris field around where d/s has been sitting during his recovery period. D/s is once more back to reality and none too pleased that his servants have stopped waiting on him hand and foot. Today will be the triple insult when they have to go and clean up their bedrooms.

I think I will send d/h outside to work around the outside of the house to wash the windows and knock down the cobwebs and such. There's always lots to do out here.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Mprning from the Pacific Northwest..............it's raining........suppose to only last for today.........then back into the upper 70's & low 80's........

Not much going on today.........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday in Nova Scotia

Good morning from Southern California. The feral cats are snoozing in the sun.

Donna, many happy days and nights for you and James!

Late this afternoon, Keith and I will attend MIL's 80th birthday celebration. As I said before, there will be lots of Germans and lots of German food. A couple of years ago, she had an Octoberfest party at her home for 40 people. Only problem this time is the 100-degree temp that's supposed to hit today.

Have a good Saturday, all.

Judy
Old September 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I was rudely awakened by the steady peck,peck,peck,peck of a $%$! woodpecker. The little buggers hit the house last year and we had the house sprayed and the siding repaired but now they are back. It's just before migration time and they are "trumpeting".

I went out and he took off. I did see that he has been at it for awhile. There is a nice hole in the siding. Last year we had the siding checked to see if there were bugs in the wood and none were found.

I am irritated to spend another $400 - $500 to repair and repel the little buggers. I am "tempted" to resolve the situation using the 12 gauge method. The Feds wouldn't be too happy with that and now that I've written my desired solution on an open message board I better not succumb to my baser instincts.

Other than trying to get rid of Woody, I have nothing on the agenda.

Donna: I'm glad to know you are enjoying your new house and area. If I had been singing during the drive, both the cat and the dog would have been howling.

Delft: My best to your Mom and nice to hear the pup is doing better.

BW: Yep: It's hard when you've been waited on to return to having to do everything yourself. I've been there. Then again, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. Glad to hear he's doing good. BTW: I did the cobweb clean up on Wednesday. I get a gold star, my wife didn't need to tell me.

I hope everyone a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 19th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Nice to see you back. Did not realise you where in Nova Scotia, I've got lots of relataions there that moved from Scotland more than a few years ago. Bee Keepers I think
Old September 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Mike,

Apparently, Oregon woodpeckers are made of pretty stern stuff. Having given up on the trees in my backyard, they have instead attacked my gutters...........

According to our local experts, male woodpeckers attract their mates based upon the racket that they can make. The louder the better...

And as such, the local woodpeckers have attacked my aluminum gutters with gusto in the early morning hours.

Unfortunately for them, they don't even scratch the paint; and unfortunately for me, they made a hell of a racket in the early morning hours.

Awoken the first morning, not knowing what the hell was going on, I charged outside, ready for combat. Deciding that combat was better ensued with clothes on, I deferred until later.

By the third morning of this, I was ready to pull the 20-gauge out of storage and make noise of my own.

The next day, his apparent lack of success on my aluminum gutters having driven him elsewhere, my noisey friend had decided to attack a neighbor's gutters. The racket at this point bearable, I slept until a normal hour.

Lately, I haven't heard a word out of him, so either he's mated successfully, or has moved on to louder gutters.

Either way, I'm enjoying the morning silence!

Old September 20th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Default CHILLY GOOD MORNING FROM MASS.

Where in N.S.are you located Donna? Sitting in the bird/computer room, heat on to take chill off the house..and at 6:48 a.m Parrot Pop is still in bed with the two dogs, even though the birds know I'm in here and even from under their covers make comments it's quiet.. Another bird is coming to board within three hours and his cage has to be set up and in place.. As we drive the roads we notice patches of the changing of the seasons.. apple orchards are set for picking, church fairs and yard sales all in full bloom. Scarecrows, pumpkins and Halloween decorations showing up..No annoying woodpeckers and I'm trying to keep the chipmunks and those dratted squirrels away from the deck....by tossing leftover parrot seed, etc. in a special corner of the yard....if I don't.. they sit on the railing and stare at me through the kitchen window..Geraniums still blooming.. a bit slower and the mums..just opening up.. It can be a glorious season here..
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Parrot Mom, I'm in Caribou River NS, close to the port city of Pictou, on the Northern Shore running along the Northumberland Strait.
Well-known Halifax is 2 hours away!

donna
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Default Halifax

Since that's the only area I know..Halifax and St. John.. I'm sure it's a beautiful and serene area... Now.. how about becoming a CruiseMates private guide of the area..lol.. Having been raised a block from the ocean in Boston I always yearn for sun and the sea.. As a child thats all I wanted to do was sit on the beach against the wall in early a.m. and watch the tide come in..peaceful and enough to enjoy the moments.. Where we live there are many of my neighbors who come from N.S. or have summer or family homes there.. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...in good health
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Welcome back RD. Your house sounds wonderful. Fall is a beautiful time of year. I haven't been to Nova Scotia, but it sounds heavenly. I'm glad you are liking your new house and city.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994