Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning!

Morning Mates, thought I'd better check in before I go out so my dear sister doesn't think I'm dead again!
Off early this morning for Aquafitness...down 4 lbs this week and counting, although I may have ruined that last night with the deep fried Mars bar I had for dessert....

I promise I will try to get that review started today - the pics are ready and waiting, just have to get creative....

donna
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and those to follow.

Donna, I am so glad you are not dead today.

I have been up this morning since four, and feeling pretty good. Yesterday after my appointment, I came home and slept like a baby. Woke up at 4:00 and was back to sleep by 11:00 and slept all night.

We are in the process of seeing if I can do with less therapy. I have been going once a week, but feel like I have made so much progress, and really don't want to get into the habit of "needing" to go.

Jim is still in Iraq. His flight was cancelled, so now he is on stand by. Not good for my man, who needs to be doing something. He has decided that once he reaches Atlanta, he will spend the night with my brother and family, and attend a Christmas party there, and fly home on Monday. As you know my brother discovered Cancer shortly after Joe died, and this has not been one of his better years either. He has finished his treatments, and is now trying to regain what he lost.

My plans today are to clean. I have done so well with the house while Jim has been gone, so I sure don't want him to come home to dirt.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 3rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The rain is over,and the winds are dying down, and the sun is trying to shine....phew...in time for my lunch with my oldest friendm Harriet. This time of year is hard for her, her husband was killed on thehighway, while on his way to work. A car hydroplaned over the median from the other side, and he was killed instantly So we will chat away, and laugh over our gazillion shared memories.

Well, Bruce came home with a fresh turkey last night, for like $4.97!!! A pund of turkey at the deli, would cost us more! I can bet your bippy, he will be bringing home another one tonight

Luanne, safe travels for Jim, and I hope your brother is doing well. RD, it seems we hardly see you anymore... you must be nesting, and content.... whatever happened with the giant poop mystery?

Good thoughts going out across CruiseMate World...make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........no rain....but cold.......

Luanne.........safe travels for Jim......hope he enjoys his visit with your brother.......

Trip.........that is a good price....enjoy it!!!!!

Off to work........Larry is dragging me with him.......guess he'll need help...........not sure I remember how to do that.......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!
I have a confession to make. I am sitting here, still in my pajamas, and I am liking it very much. Santa came and made another delivery tonight. It is so hard to keep the kids out from under the tree.

I am waiting for the mail to come and in a while will get down to the nitty gritty of cleaning house. The weather forecast called for sun...but I don't see any. It's gray, damp and cold.

I went outside last night and saw a stray cat hunkered down underneath the fifth wheel. I am glad he found a dry place to spend the night, poor little thing.

Not much else happening here. It is quiet and uneventful. Just lots of little stuff that needs to be cared for.

Hope you all have a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Hello all, We never got the light dusting of snow last night just some rain. I guess that's ok. I will be on snow watch toward the end of next week. I fly out on the 13th so snow stay away.I need to mail out my Christmas cards today and start thinking about what I need to bringon my trip. Have a good day.
Donna good for you on the 4lbs.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning!

Good morning, everyone. It's overcast again, but the sun will burn through and it will be another beautiful day like yesterday.

I spent about an hour on the phone yesterday talking to my friend Nancy who battles colon cancer. Her blood counts are up and they can't find where the cancer is, so she'll get a PET scan and a colonoscopy. But she is such a positive person and is all excited about spending Christmas in Missouri. CruiseMates prayers wouldn't hurt for her complete recovery.

I have an appt. with afternoon with the oncologist myself. I am supposed to get my six-month injection of a cancer inhibitive. I will ask the doctor if I can't put it off until I get back from my cruise, because one of the side effects is hair loss. And I just got it grown out!

I found another good Christmas gift. It's nice to be able to do a lot of it on line.

Donna, congratulations on the weight loss.

Judy
Old December 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A chilly 6 F in Calgary today, and I have to be out and about doing errands for my mother, to get her ready to head south on the 14th.

She's getting very excited because she hasn't seen the condo I bought for her down there. Hard wood flooring goes in next Monday, then the furniture will be delivered and it'll be ready for her.

Today the folks who did the travertine tile in my condo are coming back to put the same tile on my patio. Think it should look good. Good that I have a sister there to let them in.

Got my "miss piggy shot" yesterday, so I'm now "wearing protection" for whatever I might have caught on the golf courses.

Well, off to the bank to prepay bills for us and my mother. Hope ya'll have a great day.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning. Or at least it was when I started typing.

I will soon be off to the Ophthalmologist to get my field of vision test and check my eye pressure. I had an "incident" the last time I was there so we never got an accurate test. Hopefully things will go smoother this time.

Betty and I went to Target this morning and picked up a couple of pairs of new pajamas for my hospital stay next week. I'll be in for most of the week so Betty wants me to look good. She doesn't want me wearing hospital gowns and she thinks my normal t-shirt and sweat pants aren't "appropriate" pajamas. Plus they want pajama tops that snap in the front in case of emergency. I don't know what emergency they are talking about unless they have a desperate need to see a chest that looks like a gorilla's with four or five scars.

Well; time to go find out if I can still see.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me