Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Default It's TUESDAY, where is everybody?

Morning Mates, I overslept - WAY overslept and still there is no good morning thread? Where is everybody, still on Christmas vacation?

The SUN is shining today! Glorious, bright sunshine, I'd almost forgotten what it looked like! Temperature is 2C or 35F, so can't complain there either...

Yesterday I did my "return" shopping (returned a few items) and replaced them with what I really wanted! It was a very successful shopping trip and I was happy with the bargains I got on my gift certificate too!

Today, I have no idea what I'll do, but I'm sure exercise will fit in there somehow!

donna
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning, RD! I'm awake, I'm awake!

I have an appt to get a haircut, but I've forgotten the time of the appt! Can't even remember whether it was early (8:30 or 9:00) or later morning! Can't find the little appt card, either! I guess I'll have to call as soon as there is someone there to answer the phone, and be ready to run. At least the shop is only a couple of miles from home.

Not much else for me, just a little house cleaning and laundry. Haven't ventured out with my gift certificates, yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Praying that Fran and Todd are doing better. Everyone make it a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

I'm here! Good Morning CruiseMates! Well we're getting ready to head north to Canada tomorrow. We have to make a brief stop near Detroit to visit with friends. (the ones who came and stayed with us for a few days, earlier this month)

I think we may just go and spend the night at a fun little waterpark hotel north of there then drive the last remaining hour and half to the inlaws on New Years Eve Day.

Well we went sledding again yesterday. We had so much fun. It was great. But I am feeling a little stiff today. I need to get started packing for this little trip north, but I am having trouble getting motivated. I think I sufficiently wore out both kids, because they are both still asleep. D/s never sleeps this long.

Well I hope you all have a great day and you all stay warm. Remember only 80 days til spring.

Sarge we're waiting to hear from you. Prayers still coming your way.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Amman, Jordan. After an hour and a half, and a lot of hassles, to cross the Allenby Bridge this morning, we toured Jarash, one of the Roman Decapolis. It is definitely worth seeing. We visit Mt Nevo, Madaba, and Karak tomorrow; Petra on Thursday, and Wadi Rum on Friday before returning to Israel.

We hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday break!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cold Texas, where the skies are white. They are predicting ice later on today. Usually when they predict it, it doesn't happen. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Today is trash day, and I must get everything out, on time. We have very strict regulations on how much, and today is a free day, so I want to get rid of as much as I can.

Not much else going on.

I also am keeping Todd and Fran in my prayers. Hope to hear good news soon.

Marc, My mother did tours to Israel for years. I have a drawer full of those things you find in the tourist shops.

Have a great day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Cold today, it was 11 below at 7, might be above 0 now, but it is windy, so it will feel below zero most of the day I would imagine. Snow is blowing all around. The birdfeeders are busy this am.

Started a new med lsst night - cymbalata. The neurologist want to try this to see if it will bring any pain relief for my muscle/nerve disorder.
I hope I can adjust - today I am reeling from side effects and can barely sit upright - dizzy, headache, nausea, fatigue. I struggled to get a few crackers down, and now I have had to take my first dose of am meds. I have ever so much to do, and yet I am held captive in my chair feeling drugged and lousy. I truly hate meds and am considering just not taking any of these pain meds any more and just trying to cope with pain. It is a conundrum for sure.

Todd and Fran are in my prayers.
Hope everyone else is ok...

Donna - you have sun? Non on horizon here, at least yet. Guess we have a no'easter to look forward too this weekend.
Old December 29th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default Weather

23 and sunny in beautiful New York
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Hi I am in cold and windy Connecticut.

We are packing up to fly to Florida tomorrow.

The year is almost over, so I wish all Cruisemates a very happy new year filled with plenty of cruises for all.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from my patio office in Scottsdale. The first group of golfers of the day are just coming by. The morning walkers are also out on the bike/walking path just off our patio. I'm like the WalMart greeter wishing them all a good morning as they stroll by.

Sun is trying to peek out of the clouds, and temps today heading to 60.

I have a golf game scheduled for this afternoon, so Mrs. Kuki is driving me, so she can go shopping. Unlike home, here we have to organize a bit as we share 1 car.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday! Where is Everybody?

Good morning, I slept late, too. Donna, I bet there's a lot of people buried under piles of sale sweaters since Dec. 26!

Not a big day planned here. I haven't used any gift certificates yet. I have laundry and ironing but am not motivated to do it. I have some phone calls to make and a birthday certifiate I must use by Dec. 31, so a trip to Pasadena sounds much more fun. I need some new shorts for my Hawaii cruise. I also made reservations for whal watching yesterday.

I hope Todd and Fran are improving.

Judy
Old December 29th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............cold.......foggy........& icey!!!!!

Not too much going on today.........been out & about already........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Admiral

39F and sunny in Atlanta. Doctor yesterday, Dentist today.
I need a cruise!!!! 18 days until the Conquest.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old December 29th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Admiral

April checking in too---
ScurvyDog-- I agree with you-- I need a cruise or two---heck maybe even more-----
and dont get me started on drinks--hahahah and I dont mean my morning coffee

cheers all
April