Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Default SO CQ...211 Cruises In Your Future ????

the winning powerball ticket for 211M was sold in New Jersey last night..hopefully CQ or one of our other NJ cruisemates are planning some cruises today
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

I'd love to see someone here on CM's win a lottery!

Here in the "boonies" of Arkansas we've only had the Lottery for a few months. We have Powerball and MegaMillions (and a lot of "little" stuff). I haven't bought any tickets yet. Don't know if I ever will, but I wish all of you who do great luck .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:48 AM
Admiral

Fern..the deal is if any cruisemates hit a big lottery, he/she has to treat all the regulars to the next upcoming CM group cruise (including air, pre hotel, shipboard accounts, and group pictures) :: OR a veranda cabin on the next upcoming full charter Smooth Jazz Cruise
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:25 AM
Admiral

CQ is on a cruise right now so that is why she hasn't reply to your post. She is on The Liberty of the Seas. I hope she is having a blast.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

If it was her ticket that won, she will know by now, and if it was hers we can all start packing for the Powerball cruise

TC

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Admiral

TC...CQ does not strike me as the type to worry about her lottery ticket when she is on a cruise (she is too busy dancing).. I bet she will check it when she gets home and unpacks and if she does have the winner, she will be right back on the Liberty for the next sailing

CM's should form a 501C-3 so CQ could "donate' our cabins and our mission would be to teach folks how to cruise

just think..you are on the first day of your cruise and you found out you won the powerball drawing, but you left your ticket (unsigned) on your kitchen counter..would you cut your cruise short at the first port of call and fly home (is winning the lottery coverage under trip insurance :, would you call your neighbor/family that is checking your house and tell them to secure the ticket (would you tell them it's a winning ticket), how could you focus for the balance of your cruise
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Admiral

CQ could well be the winner. The winning ticket was purchased mere miles from her home in Morris County.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Doug...that would be so great if she won..I once read an article about lottery winners in New York, being more cursed then Blessed when they hit the big jackpot

I'm sure CQ would donate all of her winnings to Mother Teresa's foundation and put aside alittle to fund her future cruises

I better fly to EWR and meet her at the gate ::
Old March 17th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
Doug...that would be so great if she won..I once read an article about lottery winners in New York, being more cursed then Blessed when they hit the big jackpot

I'm sure CQ would donate all of her winnings to Mother Teresa's foundation and put aside alittle to fund her future cruises

I better fly to EWR and meet her at the gate ::
Better she should donate it to "Doug's Happy Retirement on the High Seas Foundation" . There are many many stories of cursed lottery winners including some who blew it all and more and ended up in bankruptcy court, some in prison, there is currently a case in the news where a friend murdered the winner for the money.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

knowing CQ's love of salsa dancing, she will start a foundation that will charter the Liberty of the Seas every year to have a Salsa theme cruise and invite all of her CruiseMates to join her
Old March 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR. View Post
There is currently a case in the news where a friend murdered the winner for the money.
Right you are Doug. That is happening just down the road from us here in Central Florida. Poor guy really got taken by his "friends". Frankly, I'd risk it to hit the 300 million or so. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) regularly buys tickets to the Florida Lottery, and the Mega Millions thingie so there is no doubt that we'll hit soon.

"SKY"
Old March 17th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I would feel bad for any CM person who won the lottery. Not only would they have to fight off, long lost, relatives but also the thousands of "Cruisemates" who are now suddenly their best friend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Mike..just for the record, CQ and I have been best friends who share everything 50/50 for a long time and we would not let this little thing of her winning the lottery change any of that

but you are so right..back in the early 60's my uncle won the Irish Sweeptakes for $140K (big $$$$ back in those days) and everyone thought it was my Dad (his brother) and we were bombarded with " long lost relatives and friends", who disappeared once they found out it was not my Dad..my uncle spend the majority of his earnings to purchase new compactor trucks for his disposal business (he could triple his pick ups)..smart business move, my aunt hated him for it until the day she died

when I win, I will disappear from these boards and play "secret Cruising Santa" and award cruises to poor couples who try to make their communities a better place to live by doing good deeds without publicity