Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Admiral

Default Doc Dancing on Furlough Friday

Well shoot I needed a doc dance song and it's a Furlough Friday. I found two I like so put on your dancing shoes. Cause "furlough furlough day furlough day furlough day furlough day furlough is low low." "Friday is a cruise day."

"I'm going on vacation should I fly or drive." "Everybody on campus getting furlough." BTW I'm driving to my cruise in May.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Admiral

Sherry,

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! You certainly deserve it!

As for Furlough Fridays, the State of Oregon has one this Friday (19 March 2010.) You know, as different as California and Oregon are, it's interesting what we have in common. Californians think of Oregonians as backwards barefoot hippies. Oregonians think of Californians as egotistical big-city invaders. And yet, on a cruise, this Oregonian fell in love with a Californian......

None of which excuses you invaders. Just remember, you won't like it here. Oregonians don't tan, we rust.......!

Old March 19th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Admiral

Mean Dean, you lure us in with that no sales taxes and only one furlough day. I have 3 right now, that 14.5% pay decrease was a hit to the pocket book. Good thing I have a Cruise rewards credit card. It's saved me $800 off my upcoming cruise. I would miss the sun to much, think I will stay in California for now.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 19th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Admiral

Well, I have to give credit where credit is due.

A couple of weeks ago, the Governator paid a visit to Salem, making a big splash at the Capital. Everyone wanted to pose with him and get an autograph!

The Governator paid his one and only visit to Oregon, to ask for our water....

Oregon is one of the few states that exports power. Our hydro-electrical power production capacity is enormous. During the rolling black-outs in California, Oregon supplied power to itself, Idaho, and California. I remember one day during that summer, when California's demand actually exceeded Oregon's production capacity, I walked into my grocery store and half the lights were out. It was ok with me, as many of my friends live in California.

Most of my friends in California I've met on cruise. And as such, I have friends from all over California. Even some of the cool people from "So Cal." I've traveled California extensively, from the Mexican Border Crossing in Chula Vista to the Redwood forests in Yreka. The pretty young lady from Yuba City I fell in love with appreciated the red roses I sent her. Of course, her husband wasn't as appreciative.........

And while the garlic farmers looked askance at us as we passed through Gilroy during the Garlic Festival, the nudists along the beach, on the other side of Edwards Air Force Base waved their hands at us. Perhaps nudists on the other side of an Air Force base are less uptight than garlic farmers in Gilroy? Whatever the case, I'll take pretty young nudists over uptight garlic farmers any day.

And so, you can see why we Oregonians have mixed feelings about you Californians.

And while a friend in Santa Barbara expressed her thanks during the rolling black-outs for our power, it would have been nice if the Governator had come North to say so. It isn't so far from Sacramento to Salem...

And so, if you ever get the urge to move here, please don't. You won't like it here. It rains all the time. Oregonians don't tan, they rust.

But I'm pleased that we are able to share our electricity with you. I'd rather that our electricity go to my friends than anywhere else. I suppose that those are the bonds that we form on cruises.

Old March 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Kat, enjoy your furlough friday.

T
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Admiral

I have never heard of a Furlough Friday, but any excuse for a day off and a long weekend is OK with me!

I actually have a short Friday this week, we're entertaining the kids with a movie and Subway lunch from 11 - 1, then I get to go home and start my weekend! March Break will be over, Whoo Hoo!

The weather is bright and sunny once again, but still chilly at -1C or 30F.
I can't wait for it to warm up. Tomorrow is the first official day of spring, hoping it will bring warmer weather!

Tonight we are going to see a Canadian singer I've never seen before. He is described as a Folk/Celtic/Soft Rock/Singer/Songwriter, and that appeals to me, so I will give him a chance. I'll let you know if he's any good...

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

donna
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Doc Dancing on Furlough Friday

If this is the good morning thread, good morning! Another beautiful day here in my part of CA. Just made hotel reservations for our wedding anniversary in June. Another short trot to San Diego for a couple of nights.

Have a good day, all, furlough or not.

Judy
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Admiral

RD sleeping in on Friday is nice, but I prefer the 14.5% of my pay back.

Either way I thought the videos were fun and great for doc dancing. I only have 44 days until I cruise. I can't wait it's been almost 2 years since my last cruise. I'm having cruise withdrawal, a drink of the day should fix it. Plus Splendor looks like a fun ship I need to break her in.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Happy Doc and Furlough dancing.

Have a great cruise!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me