Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday!

Morning Mates,
It's a beautiful sunny, bright Saturday here in Pictou County, and it's already up to +10C (50F) and looks like it will get even better!
a Perfect day to start some yard work, raking, cutting back the dead stuff, maybe even planting some bulbs.

Yesterday I went to visit the Art Gallery "Littlest Picture Show". The art was lovely, but the prices were way too expensive for such little paintings and photographs!
I brought my dog along, and she had fun "socializing" out front with all the other dogs who'd come to visit too!

Tonight we are looking forward to our Saturday Night Trivia, and hop0e to win at least 1 game like we did last week!

In the kitchen I can hear James playing some "Island Music", and that can only mean one thing: WE HAVE BOOKED ANOTHER CRUISE!!
See my separate post for details!

donna
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning, RD, and all my other friends to follow!

Ahhh, awaking to island music. I haven't read your other post, but congratulations on the new booking!

I awoke to a foggy morning, but it is supposed to clear off and turn into a nice warm day.

Not sure what my day will hold. DH wants to go to Seabrook (a small town on Galveston Bay) and watch all the boats on the water, and eat crawfish at one of his favorite restaurants. I'm not a fan of crawfish, but they have other items that are delish.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
Sure wish I had Donna's weather this morning. It is about 50 degrees and rainy, makes me sad but at least it isn't snow! It's probably for the best since I am nursing a little sunburn from yesterday's activities. Actually my whole body aches from yesterday's activities. D/H and I went out and hauled all the trees that were cut down from the fence line out to the brush pile and I am stiff and sore.

The kids went to the sitter for a couple of hours yesterday and when I went to pick them up, I remembered that I had told the kids that I would take them and their friend Reid to see another one of their friends in a play at a nearby churches Easter program. So I loaded the 3 kids into the truck and took them home, exiled them to play outside until I could get dinner rustled up. Our entire family has been on a healthy eating kick since mid January or February... so now that the warm weather has arrived all of our seasonal ice cream places have opened up, so I decided we'd leave a little early and head to the ice cream joint near the church we were visiting and splurge a little. It was a nice treat and then we went on to the play. It was a lovely evening, the kids really enjoyed it and it was extra special because their friends were in it. I think for a small town church they performed marvelously, this was the last night of three performances and they packed the house every night, standing room only. The population of this town is only 1500 people and I think they all came out for it.

When we got home I dropped off d/h and our kids, I took d/s's buddy to meet up with his Mom in Illinois. I came home to find a very green little girl who was stricken again with the spewing bug she had last weekend. By midnight, d/d was reduced to a shivering little bowl of dehydrated jello. I had several sets of bedclothes and pajamas to wash. I think we all finally got to sleep sometime around 1 a.m.. D/D popped in every hour to ask for a sip of water. Then the cat had the nerve to wake me at 5 a.m. Then I finally got up for a bit and fell back to sleep around 6:30 and then woke up again at 9:30.

D/D is doing pretty well now. None the worse for all of it I guess. She's kept down toast and cereal.

The rain today is a sign that I need to take it easy. It's also a sign to take care of some housework. It has to be done!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 3rd, 2010, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates

We are having another sunny warm day.

Happy Easter saturday mates.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a clear and cool Spring day here in the "Land of 10,000 Easter Eggs".

I'm just waiting for the delivery and installation guys to arrive with the new stove, OTR microwave and convection oven. I had to get on the store to get it delivered before Easter. The old stove isn't working right and we've been using one burner and the microwave since we returned from Atlanta.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a joyous Easter.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! There's something missing this morning... my patio perch and golf course are gone. Oh my god... someone stole the golf course!!... and my forecast for highs in the 80s.

They replaced it with a bunch of brown grass, and forecast highs in the 40s.

Yup, I'm home.

Spent most of last night sorting through a pile of mail/paperwork almost as tall as me.

Today's program is NO golf and sorting through the equivelant pile of garbage stuff at my mother's.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny NY where its expected to hit the mid 70's .I hope this nice weather continues
Old April 3rd, 2010, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from soggy Warwick, RI. We are survivors.
I'm at work right now, hardly working, and then when I get home, I'll do some baking for church tomorrow.
I love Easter. I should have been born an Easter bunny!
Hope it's good for all.
Suse
Old April 3rd, 2010, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Default Sunny Saturday

Sunny Saturday, indeed, but rain tomorrow night. Not a big deal, though.

Keith is off to work on the Wright project. I plan some housework and then some lunch and shopping.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 3rd, 2010, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Yikes! It's 3:15 pm and the temp has hit 20C!! That's only 60 in F, but it sure feels GOOD!! I've been out gardening and reading in my shorts and a T-shirt!

donna
Old April 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach. Rob and I just finished unpacking and I had to put on a couple of washes. It was great getting out of town for Passover but, the second night of Passover turned out to be "different from all other nights". Rob experienced pains in his chest so our older daughter and I drove him to the hospital right as were to partake of the Passover meal. Thank G-d Rob did not have a heart attack; it turned out that his magnesium count was low and he must have pulled a muscle in his upper arm. (Once you experience one heart attack in your life, you get extremely cautious). Rob spent one night in the hospital and was relased the following day. With Rob being in the hospital and with some extra rest needed, a few days after, we extended our stay in Maryland. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old April 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Cool What a Waste of This Weather

Spent two glorious days with sun and warmth running back and forth to downtown Boston for laser eye surgery and checkup today. Our area about 11:00 a.m. was 69 with warm breezes. If I could dig out a deck chair I'd of been dozing all afternoon o utside.. Tomorrow..back to Boston for a play about Lady Day and Wednesday back to have the contact taken out after the eye surgery.. This is the weather I live for all winter long.. The dogs don't want to come in..they are just lying in the sun and come in so happy jumping on Parrot Pop. Heat is off and windows are open...spring is finally here.. Three weeks to go before our Soltice cruise..