Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Default Is Anyone Else Watching "America's Got Talent?"

I think that Prince Poppycock is going to be a huge star!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Smile Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
I think that Prince Poppycock is going to be a huge star!!!
I've never voted on line or called in for any show, but I couldn't' help myself over Prince Poppycock.. To hear and know of his "pain" of growing up and then to see at his first audition the laughter of the audience as he appeared on stage and started to sing...It quieted the audience each time..and they have ended up loving every bit of him, his showmanship and music. As somebody said last night.. he is a show in himself...and he is unique.. The little girl will grow up, she will most likely win, but Prince Poppycock has stolen my heart and to boot he is damn talented and quite a showman.. Last nights show was a "show stopper" again..in every way...Parrot Pop and I are big musical theatre buffs and have from way back when...and except for Dame Edna (who sadly was a flop on Broadway recently) there isn't anybody else out there like the Prince.. Yes, I remember Liberace...who as they say laughed all the way to the bank..Prince Poppycock.. I'd love to meet you and tell you...what a smash and wonderful entertainer you are and the world will appreciate it.. You followed a dream and it's paying off.. I bow to you Prince Poppycock!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Admiral

No, no, no, no!!!! grrrr

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Poppycock

Long live the Prince!

He is certainly talented and could sustain an hour show. A close second would be the college kids and their anti gravity act.

The little girl has a beautiful voice, but I don't see anyone sitting through an hour show.

I vote for Poppycock....and it's also a great snack.
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, we've been watching it too. I must say, I was pleasantly suprised to hear the Prince sing, he does have a good voice....I also love the young girl, Jackie and her opera singing, another wonderful suprise...

Its getting to the good part :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Admiral

Default Disappointed

One of the big disappointments was the fact the magician lost...what a bummer. Anti-Gravity will certainly spawn a series of copycats..But those among the last ten.. are all in a show to visit several cities..
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Banned
Captain

The capitol building did have nice legs...
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

If the winners were judged purely on the fact as to who would be the best Vegas headlining show then it would be either Prince Poppycock or Antigravity, but alot of the voters love little Jackie and she is amazing, but would i pay $$$ to go see her only in a Vegas show, probably not. The dark horse would be the other contestant,whose name escapes me right now, he is very good, and i would pay to see him in concert. its going to be an interesing finale
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Cool Other contestant

Is it Michael Grimm? Yes, I would p ay to see Poppycock and probably Anti-Gravity. Whether Prince Poppycock can maintain for a Las Vegas act night after night I'm sure he can. He has a great imagination and sense of theatrics.. his performance the other night was so off the wall and so unexpected that even viewers who are not into the classics (like me) couldn't help but appreciate his inventiveness and flair. I waited for weeks to see what the Prince looked like hiding under the makeup and frankly I am so touched by his "story" that I just know his personal life has changed for the better. There are others who did not make the final cut, including the singer whose daughter is now a movie star.. that was a "crime", yet now that many of these people have been showcased they will have an "in" and be more desirable in the entertainment field.. Last year or this, I can't remember, there was a strange woman from Florida who went far and why I don't know..but I do know she did entertain all over Florida and was not the amaturer she claimed to be.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dirknme
Default Past "losers"

While in Vegas in April, we saw several signs featuring AGT non winners such as (ugh) Grandma Lee. while they weren't winners, they are getting bookings and realizing their dreams
marianne (me)
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Default Grandma lee

Had to "google" to remind myself who she was...she did have an interesting act and at 75 years old.. good for her..she really had the judges going
Old September 10th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Admiral

My opinion :

The Prince should win .Michael Grasso should have been in the final 4 . Michael Grimm does not belong there .Fighting Gravity is fantastic and if they won I would be okay with that .
The 10 year old has a great voice but she is a professional .She is headlining the Rockerfeller Center Christmas Show.