Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Captain

Default Monday is here

Can't believe I am the first one to post today but I will. It was a great weekend until around 8 last night. Yesterday my grandaughter and her best friend had a combined birthday party at our local roller rink. They had a great crowd of kids and adults with everyone enjoying the skating & party. Once it was over my grandaughter & family went home. One gift she had gotten was a new skateboard. Well Mommy deceided to show her how to use it....big mistake! Long story short, my daughter now has a broken arm just above the elbow. Now a 35 yr old Mom should know better but guess I didn't teach her right. She is in pain and is not scheduled to see the Dr. until tomorrow so just hoping the pain pills do their job. I will be heading out there in a few minutes to get the kids ready for school and the babysitters. Bad thing is Dad is not feeling so great, he is getting either a nice cold or the allergies are in full swing. Looks like Grandmaw is going to be a busy lady for the next few days.
Hope everyone had a good weekend and a SAFE one.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Admiral

What a bummer of an end to the weekend, not to mention a fun filled day, Sue. Hope all your daughter needs is a cast. Why didn't they put one on yesterday? In any event, hope her pain is vastly relieved today if they do cast it.

I guess one thing you can say is that you won't have a "boring day." Your daughter is really lucky to have you living so close to her that you can help her fill in the breech. Of course you'll probably need a nap this afternoon. Any excuse suffices for me and if I don't have one, I nap anyway.

Not much at all on the agenda today. Having said that, all hell will probably break loose here as well.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and let the above be a lesson to all you mothers out there to leave such dangerous lessons for the children to their father.

Hope everyone has a great and accident free week!

Prayers for those on the list continue as well as a request for Blessings upon all.

Todd
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Morning Mate, glad to see Sue is on the ball today and got things rolling...
Sorry to hear of your daughter's unfortunate incident. Imagine surviving the roller skating party unscathed, then falling off a skateboard!
I did that once (tried a skateboard), while working with pre-teen kids. Didn't break anything, but did have a doozer of a scrape up and down my leg...

Well, I had a less eventful weekend. Saturday's first aid course went well and I am now officially certified with a near-perfect score on the test.

Sunday's party went well also. The weather co-operated and it remained clear, if not warm. Everyone stayed inside, and we had about 20 people, off and on all day. Emma loved it because she got to greet so many people, and the best part was there were 2 little kids and she adores them!

I had ordered all the food from the local grocery store and they did a wonderful job with sandwich tray, fruit and cheese tray, veggie tray, and a beautiful cake.

A good time was had by all, and there are more photos in the Personal Gallery if you are interested...

donna
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Wow Sue, that sounds like something I would have done! When I was a kid I loved to go skateboarding. I too would have hopped on that thing just to prove I still could. OK I admit it, I have done that and I am a lot older than your daughter lol. I am sure I should have known better...but as Flip Wilson said "The Devil Made Me Do It". Your Daughter is very fortunate to have you to help her out. I hope she heals quickly.

RD it's hard to believe it has been a year already. You've accomplished so much, even survived your first hurricane! Pat yourself on the back! Good job!

Todd, hell is only allowed to break loose when no one is expecting it, so since you're expecting it, you're probably safe for today! You can take your nap in peace now lol.

Well not much on the agenda for today. The usual stuff like school for the kidlets and laundry, that seems to never change these days. I put the mower on the trailer last week and took it to the repair shop again. The young man called me Friday and said he didn't really do much with it but jiggled the fuel solenoid and that seemed to have remedied the problem, but ya know I am thinking that if jiggling fixed the problem, then jiggling likely created the problem, and perhaps we should replace the part. He says oh no, just wait for it to die then fix it... Isn't that what I just did? It died, I brought it in to be fixed? I told him to keep it til Monday and try running it again, see if it craps out again. I can tell you, I am going to mow out there for a while before I bring that beast back home unfixed again. I am over it!

Well I hope you all have a great day! I need to start my work for the day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 13th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going from summer to fall here, is like going from 40 to100 miles ph...too fast for my liking...the first colorful fall leaf I see, will ake me sad

Sue, boy literally, what a tough break for your daughter..I hope, as Todd says, all she needs is a cast.

Yesterday, I lived up to my Mass. license plate, shop*r...I was in CVS, and hit the summer 90 % off sale..spent like 18.00. got 180.00 worth of "stuff"

We also went back to that supermarket, a bit aways from us,and you would have thought the blizzard of the century was a comin, the store was shoulder to shoulder! Taking a corner down the aisle, I needed a a directional signal.....it really was nice to see though, this store has deals, that we don't see in my neighborhood!

So, not mcuh going on today, but a few errands,and making supper..how absolutely boring

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning, friends

I haven't been very active on the boards, since returning from our cruise. I brought home the norovirus from the ship! Never had that one before. It lasted a couple of days, but had some *ahem* lingering effects. Also, I had unexpected company for the weekend. All is well, though, and I REALLY need to go grocery shopping, and do some laundry!

If you haven't checked out the thread about Flat Mike, do so. Mike (TravelMike) and Carole had to cancel the cruise we were on, the week before we sailed. He had all documents in hand and suitcases partially packed, and had to cancel, due to medical problems. He decided having heart problems in Mexico was not a good idea! They were missed, but it he's looking forward to many more cruises in the future!

Sue, I'm sorry for your daughter. I just hate those events that come along, reminding us that we're not as young as we used to be!

RD, it's hard to believe that it has been a year, already!

Todd, I'm trusting that today will be a good day, and you'll get your nap.

Trip, I love those CVS sales, too!

Everyone have a good one!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13

Last edited by ready2gonow; September 13th, 2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: To add note about Mike
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Monday is Here

A sunny good morning to you all.

Sue, wow, what a weekend!
Donna, it really is hard to believe you've been in Nova Scotia for a year!
Todd, I've been taking my share of naps, too. Keith's been a nap taker for a long time.
BW, sounds like you and that repairman are on different wave lengths!
Darlene, always sad to have to cancel a cruise. Mike was right to deal with the illness at home rather than in a foreign country, though.

I am on my way to the clinic in a bit for a routine check-up and a flu shot. They got the flu meds early this year.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old September 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Good morning from warm and rainy NY