Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Beginner

Default My First Cruise

Hi me and my other half our First Time Cruisers, we are going on the Carnival Valor, I am a little be concerned about what to attire when are the formal nights. Another question I have is does anyone know any hotels that are near to the port, as we will be overnighting in Miami to get the ship on the
Oct 10th. We are looking forward to it, but never being to Mexico or Grand Cayman, I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks
Sheila:-)
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2010, 10:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning,
I was on the Valor a few years ago and it was wonderful!
For the formal nights think "What would I wear to a wedding?". A nice dress is great. You need two. Do you have a DH/BF? Have him bring a black suit and them match his ties to the color of your dress for both nights.
Do a goolge search for hotels. A lot of hotels include transportation to the pier in the price. I'm staying at the Laquinta. I fugure it's a place to sleep and they include the ride from the airport and to the pier.
There are tons of fun thing to do. I always plan one adventure. Something I cannot do at home. I did the zip lines in Belize last time. Start looking online and you will see fun stuff.
Hope this helps!
D~
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Hello Shelia and welcome to the wonderful world of cruising. For your formal nights a nice cocktail dress or dressy pants w/a dressy top,will do you just fine, you will have two formal nights. For a man a nice dark suit or suit separates will be just fine.
There are a lot of hotels to choose from, most have shuttle service to the pier, we stayed at the Holiday Inn West - nice hotel.
As for things to do in Grand Caymen- a snorkel tour to Sting Ray City is a must do, you don't have to snorkel or even know how to swim to totally enjoy those amazing sea creatures. Where in Mexico are you going, you didn't specify. I would be guessing Cozumel? if so, we always book a snorkeling tour thru the ship out to the Palencaar Reef - its amazing, and all you have to know how to do is float in the water, you have a dive master with you at all times, who will teach you the basics of snorkeling and is there in the water with you at all times to help.