Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Already?

Morning Mates, it appears to be Friday already. I feel like I've slept through an entire week. Oh, wait - I have!
I must admit I'm feeling much better today, but the remnants of the head cold are still there. I still have not regained any sense of smell or taste, but again, that is helping me lose more weight as I just don't feel like eating....

Hubby has gone off in my car today for some regular maintenance and to get the snow tires put on. Yes, snow tires. It won't be long now....

Yesterday I started knitting again. I haven't done so for many years, and the only thing I know how to make is a long scarf on those huge plastic needles.
So I am making some scarves to try and sell at the Christmas Craft Fair next month. I would really like to learn how to knit other stuff, like sweaters and afghans....maybe one day....

Todd, hope all is OK with you and that you will update us on Fran soon.
We're all thinking of you both.....

donna
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Good to hear that you are feeling better Donna!

There isn't much happening this morning except we put the trap out last night and we are once more blessed with the presence of another raccoon. So he'll transported to parts unknown later today. I am sure he'll be excited to go on his first ride in the back of a truck lol... I am going to be really mad if this is the same one we caught yesterday lol.

I am getting closer to having much of the stuff on my pre surgery list done. But winterizing the camper is looming over my head at the moment. I really don't feel like dealing with it at the moment. But it is Friday and I am running out of time. So I better get on it soon.

Not much else happening around here. All is quiet. I can't believe it is Friday already. Time is flying by. I am amazed how quickly 2010 is passing. Todd and Fran... we're thinking about you both. Check in when you have the time or energy.

Take care all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Captain

It is a cloudy day here but the sun is trying to peek out. I agree that 2010 is just flying by. Yesterday the grandaughter informed me that Christmas is just around the corner and I need to start my shopping. I think it was a hint from her! I'm one of those folks who waits until after Thanksgiving to shop....it is not one of my favorite things to do.
Will be on the road tonight to Dayton, Ohio then tomorrow night it is to Charleston, WV for 2 more square dances. This is our busy time from Sept. to May for D/H calling dances. We do enjoy it, we must as he has been calling for 33 yrs!
Hoping to hear from Todd with an update on Fran. Praying that things are getting better for them.

RD you sound like you knit like me. I have made more scarves than I can count...that's all I know how to do! Maybe we could trade a few.

BW, guess we will have to change you name to Wild Game Hunter! You could start your own zoo with the racoons.

Prayers continue for all those in need. Have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Boy it's windy, but the sun just came out...I hope the pine trees, just stay put!

Baby sitting for Lucy is on my agenda, I am helping in the potty training process,,,oh joy! This kid can really whip off a pamper and run

Rd, try a size 13 needle,with eye lash yarn, then add fringe...works up real pretty. I made many a few Christmas's ago..

Todd, hope Fran is doing better....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 15th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Default Tgif

Good morning from chilly but very sunny NY. However the wind is gusting at 40mph .

I just had my first Medical Personal Training session .

I hope that Fran and all those ill are feeling a lot better this morning .
Old October 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

It's to see that RD is feeling better. I hope and pray that Fran is doing better as well.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Trip, what is "Eyelash Yarn"? And how big is size 13 needle?
The ones I am using are thicker than my thumb..... kinda like knitting with telephone poles!

donna
Old October 15th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Already?

Good morning! Overcast again with drizzle still hanging around.

Wendell update: When Wendell went to the hospital for the gall bladder removal, he lost ALL of the physical ability he had worked on all these months. So now, he is back in a premier physical therapy hospital probably for the next six to eight weeks. I doubt he will be able to go to the reunion in Phoenix in mid-November.

Some very nice neighbors, thinking they were doing a good deed, bundled up the eucalyptus bark on the front of our property. This time, it was especially heavy. These trees shed more to conserve water. Now another dry winter is predicted. Anyway, Keith called the waste pickup people, but they won't take the bark. They only pick up the bark once a year and the date is already past. Next year we need to tell those trees that they gotta shed before the pickup date!

Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old October 15th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

rd..this is a good example of what I mean..

Lot of 12 Skeins Red Heart Elf Kiss Eyelash Yarn -New - eBay (item 290485801770 end time Oct-16-10 09:04:50 PDT)

If you combine this type of yarn, with a regular yarn, you get a nice mix of color and texture. There are many types of eyelash, I don't care for the furry style though.

Size 13 are smaller of course then what you are using, ans still easy to use & this size still gives you a nice loose gage, done in all knit stitches...easy peasy,and pretty too.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 15th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from a nice, cool sixty-five degrees, in Virginia Beach. This morning proved to be a busy one; first I cleaned the house, then Rob and I went to the farmer's market held at the J.C.C,. then we pretty much had a free lunch at Smokey Bones because we had a spent enough money there to get $20 woth of food. Then, Rob and I stopped at the bank so I could get some cash; then it was on the Opthomologists to get Rob's glasses repaired. Later this afternoon, I will catch up on ironing. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates have a great weekend! Thoughts and prayers go out to those who are "under the weather".