Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Default Fran update Saturday Evening 16 Oct 10

Good evening to the greatest bunch of people in the world!

I'm so sorry to say that Fran is not markedly better. I forgot when I last posted and don't want to research so I'll advise you of what has transpired the past few days.

Her white cell count, platelet count and hemoglobin all tanked. She has received Nupogen injections (to boost white cell count), platelet transfusion (in addition to the two units of blood she received of which she'll probably need more) and an immunoglobulin IV transfusion (you don't even want to know what that alone costs but I'll tell you that to get the immunoglobulin for one treatment requires the blood from 1000 donors). Her fevers however persist and they've started her on a couple of different antibiotics. Turned out that by saying she didn't have Candida even though they tested for it, I was proved wrong (so what else is new?). She has some Candida in her lungs and they've started antibiotic therapy for that.

I'd really like to post more often than I do but I'm sure you all understand why I don't. There are folks of course who will help whenever I need it but at this juncture, I don't. For some unfathomable reason (undoubtedly mental deficiency) while I love to assist others in need, for some reason I find it difficult to accept it myself. I've alway taken care of Fran even through all of her illnesses for over 39 years. But I am getting older and so will possibly at some point accept some assistance from our wonderful neighbors (outside chores, etc.) if I can't get too them. My dear Niece Deanna is probably going to drive up from her home about 20 miles Northwest of Knoxville tomorrow (at least I kinda' get that feeling). She and her husband have been out of town traveling and she has some major appointments pending.

If the doctors are unsuccessful here locally to stop these insidious fevers, then we'll be off to a major medical center either in Nashville or in Knoxville. I would prefer Knoxville as it would be more convenient for me as I could stay at my Niece's or my brother's. We, as most of you undoubtedly know, have what we consider the most wonderful friend who takes care of our dysfunctional feline menagerie while we're away so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

It goes without saying how much of a sustaining force for me that all of you are. I cannot find the proper words to tell you how much all of your concern, support and prayers have meant to the two of us.

Love to all,

TDH
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Admiral

both of you are in my Church's continous prayer circle...just be careful that you take care of yourself so you can take care of your Bride.it's ok to ask for help from your friends and family and you will continue to receive emotional support from your CruiseMate family

get some rest, when Fran gets better and you are rested we have lots of topics to debate on this board and your input is valued..I'll send you the receipe for some Gumbo so when Fran gets better you can surprise her with some
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Todd, please do not feel that you can do everything yourself. Let those that can help you with whatever.

I'm not sure how much rest you are getting but get as much as you can.

Also do not feel that you have to post all the time. At this point once a week is definitely enough. And you do not need to go into big detail unless you want, Just say no better or better, whatever the case may be.

A line or two will suffice.

As always you and Fran are in my prayers.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old October 16th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Todd, I know how you feel about asking for help, but sometimes you just need to. Please, also take of yourself.

You'll all continue to be in my prayers,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Admiral

Todd, so glad to hear from you at last. I know you must be beside yourself with all that you have to do taking care of Fran and the house, the menagerie, etc., so thank you for taking the time to update us all.
I remember going with my mom for all the same treatments, nupogen injections, immunoglobin transfusions etc. It was tough on me being there, but it sure must be 10 times worse as the patient.
My thoughts and prayers are with Fran and with you. Good thought coming your way.....Take care of yourself, and we'll be looking for the next update...

donna
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Still praying for a good outcome. Please take care of yourself.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Default Todd

Todd : I find myself praying more than I ever have in my entire life .My prayers are not organized from a religious point of view or structure but individual on my part .I hope and pray that Fran will be feeling better .
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Default Fran Update Saturday Evening 16 Oct 10

Todd, as much as we want to know Fran's condition, Nancy is right; just let us know she's hanging in there. As for you, please accept help! Fran needs you to be strong and healthy mentally and physically. As I have discovered, care giving is very, very difficult, mentally and physically.

Judy
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Todd, Please consider the offers of help. I know you want to do it all but You need to be strong for Fran. Taking care of yourself is important. You know my thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 17th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Todd,
Continued prayers coming your way. I'm so glad to hear you have some one to help with your kittie cats, and it sounds like you are at the point of accepting the help of others. Please take care of yourself, and your dear Fran. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) to both of you.