Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday!

Morning Mates, welcome to Friday. I feel like I've had my weekend already, as I had the day off yesterday. Too bad they didn't make it a long weekend...

We had a nice visit with our real estate agent yesterday, turned out it was his 50th birthday and we took him out for lunch. Unfortunately, his wife couldn't join us, she was up to her eyeballs in her flower business and too busy to get away.
On the way home, I got in another visit with my girlfriend who runs a 2nd hand store, and would you believe, I found the perfect 2-pc. bathing suit for less than $5! Can't wait to wear it on the beach in Cuba!

We saw on the news that most of Europe and parts of the eastern US have been hit hard with snow and cold weather, and here we are in northern Nova Scotia, with green grass and 7C (44F) in December. They are talking about a "big one" coming early next week, so I'll be prepared....

Hope Friday goes well for you all, as you head into your weekend....

donna
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Hello Everybody

Surprise, surprise it is still snowing in Central Scotland - but this time the snow comes from the West and not the East. It is not quite so cold and we are promised a slightly 'warmer' day tomorrow with no more snow - yippee. The novelty of the snow has worn off for the children too!

I am like Bambi on ice - so I have stayed indoors for the last 2 days but I must make the effort today to go out.

Well back to planning my trip to Oz; I was originally going to travel Dec 2012 but it is now scheduled for Nov 2011.

Have a good day and stay warm!

Annie
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Captain

A light snow is falling here this morning but due to pass on by later today. Then they are saying we could get quite a bit of that white stuff starting tomorrow. I sure hope they are wrong!
Yesterday was another wild day for me. It started by getting the grandaughter off to school, then helped D/H unload a semi of product for his business, attended the funeral of my aunt, then a quick trip to Ashland to pick up more product for D/H that does not come on the semi, picked up a pizza for supper, then managed to get both grandaughters jumpers finished. The girls can now get their Christmas picture made wearing the jumpers. I'm sure they will not be that impressed but maybe in 30 yrs when they look at the pictures they will remember that the clothes they were wearing were made by me. I can hope they enjoy them.
Today is finishing up a few loose ends here in the office. Need to do some house cleaning this afternoon. I'll have all evening to do that as D/H is going to Cincinnati for Reds Fest. It is a kick off for the baseball season and he has wanted to attend this for years but was always busy. This year he had the date open so he and another couple of guys are going. Hope he enjoys it, I know I will enjoy my evening doing whatever I want.
RD glad you had a good day yesterday and boy what a bargain on the swimsuit!
Beanie I know you are busy packing and getting ready for your Fl. vacation. Safe travels and have a great time.
Hoping all is well with Todd. Miss hearing from him. Praying that all is good, or at least as good as it can be right now.
Everyone have a nice day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 3rd, 2010, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A cold but sunny Friday her e in the city. We had a wonderful day yesterday downtown first A Christmas Carol, then lunch. I rarely go downtown but when I do I wonder why I never do. Such a beautiful city I live in I need to visit her more!

Were suppose to get some snow starting tonight somewhere between 2-4 inch is what I hear, I love the first real snow.

Hope all is well and have a blessed day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

No snow here, we still have green grass and sunshine.

Have a nice day everyone! Take it easy and get ready for the weekend.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,

Chilly here on the east coast of Va. But no snow yet,,,,although we are being told it may happen on Sat. Not good !!!

Dh got the tree from the attic so looks like we will be decorating this weekend. Which will be a good thing as we will have the 3 grandsons on Sat nite,,,they can help !!!

Rd when r u going to Cuba??? Take lots of photos for us,,,would love to make that trip someday.

Speaking of trips,,,I have nothing on the horizon,,,cruise or land. Big bummer !!!

Sending prayers to all that need them,,,and a special one for Todd,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Default Tgif

Good Morning from sunny and chilly NY . I am feeling better today and will be going out to buy some things for my cruise .

I hope all CM people have a fantastic friday .
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Warm enough to have my morning coffee, and drop in on CM, from my patio/office today. Temps here going toward the high 70s today.

Nothing really planned for today, so I'm not rushing. We'll see what the day brings.

RD.. be a bit careful choosing which all inclusive you pick in Cuba. Have had several friends do that. One loved theirs, one said they didn't eat anything but the bread for the full week because the food was so bad.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Travelgalsue, I bet your granddaughters will love their jumpers and look back on that photo with love of their nanny.
I have a photo somewhere, of me and my 2 kids wearing hand-knitted sweater-vests with Rudolph on them. They had big red pom-pom noses, and I still look back on that photo fondly, and I STILL wear my sweater every year at Christmas! My kids' sweaters are packed away in their "baby boxes".

Travelnut, we are going to Cuba during March Break. Unfortunately, I don't have much choice, it's the only time I have off...

Kuki, don't worry, we researched out hotel thoroughly and chose a 4+ star.
Hopefully it will live up to its reviews!

donna
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
First Mate

"Kuki, don't worry, we researched out hotel thoroughly and chose a 4+ star.
Hopefully it will live up to its reviews!"

Hi Donna

Unfortunately the star ratings in Cuba are very different from what you will be used to . Trust me it's true

What hotel have you picked?
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Good almost afternoon CruiseMates,
I am up to eyeballs in alligators at the moment. I just have a lot of work coming at me that came in at the last minute and of course everyone wants a quick turnaround on everything these days. So I am doing the best I can and have sent out more than 100 quotes in less than 24 hours. Calgon take me away! If I can close half of this business I'll be happy.

But anyway I still haven't finished packing. I am so far behind, I am never gonna catch up. I have a to do list, but none of it is getting done! The only thing that got done on my list was to color my hair and that was while I sat here and plugged numbers in to the computers. Sure glad you guys didn't see that.

Somewhere along the line yesterday my left ear finally became unclogged. I am really enjoying being able to hear out of both ears now lol.

Well I better get stuff in order.This time tomorrow I'll be in Florida, zipping down the road in my rental car toward Naples whoohoo!

Enjoy the weekend all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday

A late good morning to you! I am not feeling too chipper today as I had a negative reaction to the Zometa infusion yesterday. I hope it wears off fast because I have things to do. Keith and I couldn't decide what to have for dinner last night after we left the clinic, so we took ourselves out to dinner.

We will officially kick off our Chrismas holiday by attending the Holiday Look In tomorrow in Pasadena. It benefits the Pasadena Symphony. That's a tour of fancy houses decorated for Christmas by local florists, also holiday music at each house played by musicians from the Pasadena Symphony.

I hope the weather holds out for the Look In. Rain is predicted both Saturday and Sunday. This tour really needs nice weather. There's a big football game at the Rose Bowl tomorrow. I figure if UCLA and USC get rained on, so will we.

Have a nice day, people.

Judy
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
Admiral

JennC, we picked Blau Varadero having never been to Cuba before, we're just going on recommendations of travel agents, friends, and acquaintances.

donna
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Good evening from a chilly, forty-two degrees, in Virginia Beach. I volunteered to work tonight so I could pick up some hours. (I could use the extra money since Rob and I are leaving on our cruise in one week plus a day). How I love to shop on cruises! Rollerdonna, you are soo lucky to be able to visit Cuba. People that live in the states can't go there unless they have family or are in the media. Cuba is supposed to be one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Perhaps, one day, we people from "the states" will be able to see this beautiful island.
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by balabusta View Post
. Cuba is supposed to be one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean. Perhaps, one day, we people from "the states" will be able to see this beautiful island.
I sure hope so! I would like it to happen in my lifetime.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!