Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Default Blustery Monday

Morning Mates, from a blustery Pictou County. We are getting the storm that passed through Ontario and Quebec, but without the snow. Instead, it's high winds and heavy rain (again!) Not a pleasant to day to have to go out, but I do, and I will....

Yesterday, I managed to get the rest of the outdoor lights out, put up the tree, decorate it and wrap the rest of the presents. Looks nice but still doesn't feel like Christmas. I am SO not in the mood....

donna
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Captain

Ok I have seen all the snow I need Spring can come anytime! Yesterday we were up around Columbus, Ohio with the day starting in rain. The closer we got to Columbus the colder it got and the rain turned to a very wet snow. I was driving so I decided to get off the interstate and stop for a late breakfast and that was a good idea. By the time we were back on the road (D/H driving now) the road crews had treated them making driving much better. We were heading toward the Dayton area for a square dance last night but got a call that due to the bad weather they were cancelling the dance. Good idea!
We headed south for home making a couple of stops along the way finding a few Christmas items. The closer we got to home the less snow there was, but that was short lived. Around 9 it started and it is still snowing. Temps are around 13 degrees with a major wind blowing. Schools are closed, so I will have 2 grandaughters to entertain today. I helped D/H get his truck loaded since he is not moving to well. Last night he went out to check on things and bam down he went right on his rear. His back was hurting him this morning but he still headed out for work. Hope he gets to feeling better as the day goes on.
Everyone stay warm and safe if you are in the grips of this winter storm. Prayers to all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well Donna, I think that you need to book another cruise and find something exciting to look forward to. Then I think you need to put on a nice comfy pair of pajamas tonight, have a big pot of stew or chili made and then park yourself on the sofa and watch great funny Christmas movies until teh spirit moves you. I recommend A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation. It's a Wonderful Life and anything that might help you get in to the spirit of the season. I also recommend playing Christmas tunes as loud as possible while working around the house and baking a huge batch of cookies. Works every time!
Well we got the tail end of that snow dumping front that left Mike and Betty covered up. BTW Mike, I think your Betty is awesome! Most of the schools around here are closed or running with a 2 hour delay. Law Enforcement was out all night in 4 wheel drives rescuing stupid people, who didn't have the common sense to stay home. We've known since at least Wednesday this storm was coming. I imagine they'll have it cleaned up quickly, especially if the sun shines brightly today. However the wind is supposed to be around 30 mph today brrrr. It is supposed to get down to 4 degrees tonight and 17 mph, so it will probably be a chilly night. Bummer!
I think the hubby will be working from home today. So it should be an nice day here with us all together. I'd like to get the house cleaned up and get caught up on everything that I've neglected lately.
Tomorrow I have to head to the foot doctors office. I am going to get my bionic feet checked and looked at and make sure everything is healing the way it should.
The kids had an exciting weekend and are still recovering from a sleepover at the neighbor's Saturday Night. They need to catch up on their sleep.
Well I hope you all have a great Monday.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a cold (23) but no snow. The good news is it is suppose to warm up to 56 this afternoon.

Last night we got the tree up. No tears involved. I was so relieved. The big debate in my mind is to what to do about the Christmas things that reminded us of Joe. We put those up, as well as ours, and it feels good. The good thing is their stockings have not been filled in several years, so that won't be a problem on Christmas morning.

I dreamed last night that Joe came back. Not to stay but to hug me. It is what I have wanted for so long, and I feel so good this morning. It was also funny, because I explained in my dream that we had pictures of his service. I asked him if he wanted to see them. He said "Mom that's weird"

Jim is going to find out this morning, more about the door prize he won on Saturday. He won two round trip, first class tickets, to anywhere in the US. We are in a squeeze for time, because of his training and deployment, so he needs to find out if they expire, before he gets back from the beach without water.

Today I need to clean the house, and wrap presents. The tree looks bare without them.

I hope all of you have a good day. Stay warm, and hug the ones you love a little bit longer today, for those hugs are so valueble.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 13th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Thankful would be the weather word this morning! Yesterday was mild and rainy,and it's still rainy and overcast, but, that this could all have been snow, makes the northeast gleeful..Temps will drop,and the chill comes in this week.

We took advantage yesterday,and almost tied up the shopping.

With the Brilliance of the Seas, amazing ride yesterday,and supposed protests on board by the passengers, cruise ship incidents within the past week or so, show the yin and yang, of how passengers react to situations. I hope our Henry is well, and enjoying himself on board,with calm seas and sunny skies..

Luanne, nice win for you,and Jim! Make it a good one....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 13th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a blustery southern Florida too. The sun will warm us up a bit, but we are in for a few days of northern weather. Looks like I need to dig my WI coat out of the closet.

Luanne, loved reading your post this morning. Sounds like God sent you an early Christmast present. :-)

Jake got up at 3AM to catch his early morning flight out to Atlanta. After he got on the plane here in Palm Beach, they announced that Atlanta was shut down so now he is home back in bed and snoring. Hopefully his rescheduled flight for later today will be a go.

Take care everyone. Stay warm and cozy and safe!

Phyll
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning gang,,,,

Woke up to snow falling this a.m. They are calling for up to 1 1/2 " What the heck is going on???

We live in the south,,Hello. I moved south to get away from this mess,,,but I guess because it's a week or so b/4 Christmas I'll shut up.

Might help me get in the mood too,,,RD maybe that's what you need to help you get in the mood. :-)

Hope everyone has a great Monday,,,sending prayers to those in need,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 13th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the Winter Wonderland of Minnesota. The outdoor thermometer registers a balmy -18F. The total, for my area, for the weekend storm was 19.5".

My daughter and grandkids came over for a while last night. She needed to get software loaded to her new laptop and my son took care of that while we visited and played with the kids. It was a nice visit.

I hope all of you that are getting the storm stay well. Betty is available for shoveling and snow blowing for $23.00/hour. Just contact me at 1-800-RENT-HER.

Have a safe and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's snowing and cold in Scottsdale. Well, not really, I just said that to make those in the midwest feel a bit better

79 forecast for today, and nothing but blue skies.

Mrs. Kuki wants to just by the pool today. You're all welcome to join her.
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest......no snow but lots of rain & wind!!!!!

Calling for flooding.........50's.........got 2-7 inches of rain over the weekend.........

Pineapple express is still moving east..........

You easterners stay safe.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cold Chicago. I think the weather guy said it's 7f at the time making it up to a high of 13f. Going to pick up my computer today and then a quick stop at the store. Not much else going on in these parts.
Kuki....Funny!!

Have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Good morning from warm Connecticut.. 50 degrees at this time of the year is quite warm for us. Alas the cold weather is coming and the next few days will turning much colder.

I am sure that Henry is feeling better surrounde by warm waters.

RD let me give you a Christmas hug to put you in a Hoilday mood.

Have a good day mates and enjoy the Season.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Blustery Monday

Well, no blusters here in SoCal. In fact, it's going to be in 80 and not a leaf is moving.

We had a nice time at SIL's yesterday. But I am still not a carne asada fan.;-) Christmas Day, we're having prime rib. Yum! Lots to do here in the meantime, however. Laundry awaits me and a trip to the P.O. to send off a box to Minnesota, or the Land of 10 Million Snow Flakes, as Mike says.:-)

Have a good day!

Judy
Old December 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Thanks everyone for the Christmas suggestions to get me in the mood, and especially for the Christmas hug!
Some snow would probably help too, since all this rain is forcing me to wear a plastic shopping bag over my air-cast boot! It is SOOOO windy too!

Christmas music, well I've been listening to that since my cruise in Nov. and every day since in the car and at home and at work.
Maybe I'll try the movies, I do have A Christmas Story somewhere....

donna
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default c

Its gonna be cold here tonight. They say gonna go down to 24 or 25. Now that is cold for our Central Florida folks. I went out, with help from Celeste, and covered our crotons in front of our home. It is on the north side and will take a brunt of the cold air coming down. We lost all our front plants a couple years ago. Replanted and hope we can save them.

I want to take this oportunity to thanks those have enlarged your print so I can easly read your messages. It makes so much pleasure to read and not squint. Thanks again

Got 2 bad messages yesterday. I have sent out Christmas cards to many friends we have met over the years. Got a call from from
Texas that one had passed away last February and then got an email saying that another has left us last March. Sad but time is taking its toll on us older folks.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!