Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Good Sunday morn, the day after

Hi Kids,
We are bracing for the big one..Bruce is out trying to pick up a few things,and the lines in the supermarket, literally are from the front to the back of the store waiting to pay.

I have charged my mini tv,and Kindle..gotten candles and flashlights ready,and will hunker down..This may be heading towards RD, once it finishes up here tomorrow night

The holiday was nice, and a good time was had by all..I sure hope it was the same in your neck of the woods'

Make it a good one, we will try to here

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Trip,
I am hoping it won't be as bad as they predict...Keep us posted and stay safe and warm...At least its today, and not yesterday, could of spoiled a lot of holiday plans....Take care.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Well I woke up to blinding white, Iím not too sure how much snow was dumped on us but it looks pretty deep. Iím a very happy girl that I can just stay home today. We had a great Christmas seeing all the family. Santa was good to all of us with only a few things to return, I did think about going to do it today until I looked outside.
Hope everyone is well.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Admiral

We too had a nice Christmas and now are bracing for the big storm.
We plan to leave tuesday morning for our drive to Florida. I certainly hope that the roads will be clear by then.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good post-Christmas day everyone!

I'm ready to throw the rib in the oven about 11:30. The kids will be here around 1:00 and we will celebrate our Christmas.

Betty already gave me my present. No, not that. I received a 55" TV. We installed it yesterday and I spent most of last night "playing" with it. There sure is a big difference between this one and my old 32" TV. Gee: I remember when an old 27" was a big TV.

I hope everyone received what they wanted from Santa. I also hope everyone stays safe in the upcoming snow storm.

I always remember the first year I moved to Birmingham. (1984) They forecast a "snowstorm" of 3" to 5". The next day it was merely a slushy snow so, the hearty Minnesotans that we were, decided to go to the grocery store. It was hilarious what we found. The junk food (soda and chips) aisles were virtually stripped as if they had been looted. The funniest thing was that almost all of the toilet paper was gone. There was one lone four pack of Charmin on the shelf of the Food World. I guess that people stock up on junk food and need that toilet paper for the after effects. I do feel for the southerners, especially those in the hilly areas, when they are hit by snow. The ice and snow and lack of snow removal equipment make it very hard to get around. Birmingham was a nightmare when ice was on the roads.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe, post-Christmas, Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very cool Texas. We had frost on the ground, but it should warm up to the 50's later.

We had a wonderful Christmas. Everyone received what they wanted, and it was very quiet, and relaxed. Christmas eve was not so great. I cried all day. It was to be expected, but once I went to church, I felt much better. It sure woud have been nice to have Joe here with us. I guess he was to busy celebrating in Heaven.

I worry about those of you who are getting hit by all the snow, and ice. Please be careful, and not get out unless you have to.

Have a good day one and all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Overcast in Scottsdale, and temps are only going to hit high 60s. I know you'll all be feeling sorry for me

But, hey I did spend enough of my winters in the snowy north, so the alternate this winter is well deserved.

Do hope those affected by this large storm that's forecast stay safe.

Had dinner at my sister's last night with her entire family, and all my grand nephews and nices, so Kuki Jr. could get to see all the little ones.

Today we're golfing, and heading out to dinner with some other friends visiting here this week. So, a busy day awaits.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from windy Florida. We are bracing for the cold front tonight. Sure will seem mild compared to what some of you are facing. Hunker down Trip, and enjoy your books. Maybe the forecasters will get this one wrong as they do with so many other predictions.

Feeling much better today. :-)

Have a good one all
Phyll
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morn, The Day After

A late good morning to you all. We are drying out, yet again. Not a big deal rain like last week, just enough to make the freeway slick as we drove home last night.

keith and I had a lovely Christmas. Now to clean up the mess! Keith plans to make huevos rancheros for our Sunday brunch. That is, if he ever get out of bed!

Enjoy a quiet, relaxing Sunday, all.

Judy
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon CruiseMates!
I just got a call from Todd. He is still at his Nieces and is being well cared for. I think he will likely be returning home on Tuesday. He has a bad upper respiratory bug that is getting him down and the sleep deprivation is taking it's toll. There's no word on how Jennifer is getting along,

Luanne, he said he's been thinking of you and he will be in touch with you soon.

I can't stick around typing too long. I have some people coming to check out the fifth wheel who may be interested in buying it. I hate to sell it but it has just sat out there unused for the past year because we've been too busy.

I am still recovering from my food hangover lol. We had leftovers for lunch. and d/h is looking at me with a look on his face that clearly expresses the wish that we have something aside from turkey for dinner tonight lol.

We shall see hahaha! Have a great day all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........still warm & no rain for us..........

Had a big storm blow thru here last night........oh wait.....that was just the granddaughter..........Santa was very good to her......

Trip...........stay safe..........good that Bruce was willing to go to the store.........

Mike.....enjoy your new 'toy'..................will be making your rice pudding today........went to the market this am......so now it's nummmmmm time....

Phyl......hope you're feeling better.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday

Good afternoon from snowy NY .We just returned from a trip to NYC to buy and bring groceries to my soon to be 94 year old mil .
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Captain

Happy-Day-After Cruisemates! It was a very quiet day for us-just me, DH and my mother. No turkey, surf and turf instead. But today I'm missing the leftovers Kids coming today to pick up the dog that we've been sitting for the past 2 weeks while they were in the DR. Poor Roller Donna could be out of touch for a while longer if the weather forecast is correct-sounds nasty.
If you're affected by the nor'easter-stay safe and warm. If you have to drive-be extra careful.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette