Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Morning Mates, from a brilliant, sparkling white and icy Caribou River.
Yesterday's storm left us with a crisp new coating of snow, and the temperature has dropped and left all the trees sporting icicles, it's really quite pretty! It really looks like January now!

Today is the big back-to-work day for me. I am actually looking forward to it, as it has been a long boring holiday at home, mostly stuck inside due to weather. Tonight, it's also back to the pub for weekly Trivia, and that will be fun.

Have a good one Mates!

donna
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Admiral

G'Morning Donna, and all the other 'Mates. Just another beautiful day here in central Florida. It's going to be near 70 F., and the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have nothing on the agenda today.
Had rehearsal for the Lakeland Concert Band last night. They've included a "Tuba Solo" for our next concert, so those of you who wanted to hear me play the tuba,,,,come on down! I'm really having a GREAT time getting back into music, and playing again, after 45 years. It's amazing how quickly it all comes back. If any of you ever played an instrument, and have the opportunity to join a community band/orchestra, I'd HIGHLY recommend it. Not only is it really, really fun, but it's very good for you as well. If you play a wind instrument, it makes you breath very deeply, and brings down the ol' blood pressure, as well as allowing you to meet lots of super nice folks in your community, with a common interest. DO IT!

"SKY"
Old January 4th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very foggy Texas, where it's a little cool, but not bad.

Jim just left to go to this training mission in La. He should be there by late afternoon. I was torn about him leaving. As you know I have been going with him, except when he was in Iraq, so it seemed strange for him to go without me. I could have gone this time, but starting tomorrow he will have 12 to 18 hour days, and to be honest, there is not much there for me to do. O well hopefully the month will go by fast, and he will be home before I know it.

I really don't have a lot planned for today. I do have errands to run, but had not thought of doing them right now. I am sure I will come up with something. I could always curl up with my Kindle, iced tea, and a blanket.

As you know from the other thread that I started, I also need to do some research for our mini trip.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Palm Coast, Fl.

The weather here is quite pleasant. It will be a shocker when we return to Connecticut at the end of the month.

I wish you all a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I am sitting here soaking my tootsies in a foot bath. My dear daughter insists on giving me a pedicure... so who am I to argue? .

Not much on tap for today aside from making sure the kids get their schoolwork done and I get some more laundry and house cleaning done. I need to run to the store and pick up a birthday present for one of dd's friends who we're meeting for pizza tonight to celebrate. Then this weekend we're all heading to a nearby indoor waterpark/hotel and we're gonna spend the night and whoop it up, while we continue the birthday celebration. I am really looking forward to that.

Not much else is going on at the moment. It is a quiet day.

Hope you all are having a good start to 2011!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and shiny like a new penny outside, and I am inside babysitting Lucy This little red headed devil/angel makes me smile...By the time she is in kindergarten, she will be a stylist and makeup artist! She loves a good eye shadow:

If you don't hear from me in the next few days, that means, I won the Mege Millions, lottery for appox, 350 million, but, who's counting? I will have left the house, flown to Florida, and splitting my time, between the real estate agent and the travel agency booking m,y around the world cruise...text me, or leave a message....BEEP! OH, I think I will take the pay out, and take approx 15O mil!.

Ok enough daydreaming..make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; January 4th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Presently 34 degrees in Scottsdale, heading to maybe 60. There's steam coming off the water hazzard in my back yard. I think that means the water is warmer than the air. Or maybe it means the air is warmer than the water. Who knows

Mrs. Kuki is warmer than both, because she's still in bed.

I'm golfing again later today. Then perhaps we'll see if my mother wants to go out for dinner. I've been having a craving for PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. (hope I'm not pregnant)
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
= I've been having a craving for PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. (hope I'm not pregnant)
OMG I love those things! PF Changs is over an hour away so I finally started making them myself. Good grief, I hope I'm not pregnant either!

Old January 4th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........it's warmed up a bit.......30 right now........hopefully the below 30's are gone..........

Trip.......that is a dream isn't it???? Maybe we could be co-winners..........

Not much going on.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Trip - sorry to say, but I plan on winning the Mega Millions. I know I have the winning numbers because I used some found in my Chinese Fortune Cookie. Plan on chartering my own private jet and flying my family to Rome. No general public body scanners for me. Following Rome, we would spend some time in Florence shopping for fine leather pocketbooks. Exhausted from all that shopping, then would board my private chartered yacht and cruise the Greek Isles, stopping in Santorini a place I've always wanted to see. Finally returning to my new home in Key Largo, where my husband could go fishing 24/7. OK, if we have to split the 330 million, the above could still be accomplished.

Good luck to all those happy lottery players. One can dream.

Leyla from Long Island
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cloudy and cool here in NW GA. Nothing on tap for me today, just a lazy day.

I am dreaming of a warm place with my Mega Millions.
I know I have the winning numbers this time.

Have a great day.

Brenda
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Admiral

Ya just had to mention PFChang lettuce wraps didn't ya,,,jeezzz ours is about
an hour away also,,,with traffic. So Beenie share your secrets,,,where did u find out how to make them??? and NO I'm NOT pregnant,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Tidings

Good morning! I just got back from the clinic for some routine blood work, and they had the order wrong.

Keith is about to go to Riverside for some sort of presentation he is to give along with the help of my laptop computer. I have housework to do, none of which do I want to start.

And speaking of P.F. Chang's, Keith and I have a gift certificate to use there. Maybe it will stop raining long enough for us to get to Pasadena or Newport Beach.

It's so cold here that even I am dreaming of a warm place to spend megamillions. Let's see, in Rio it's about 85 right now . . .

Judy
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnut View Post
Ya just had to mention PFChang lettuce wraps didn't ya,,,jeezzz ours is about
an hour away also,,,with traffic. So Beenie share your secrets,,,where did u find out how to make them??? and NO I'm NOT pregnant,,,,
OK first off the iceberg letuce should be soaked in ice water and drained so it is cool and crisp when served.

Here's a recipe to get you started:
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe - Food.com - 363601

I like to add Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce for an extra kick. I also like to make my own hoisin sauce rather than store bought. Here's a recipe for that as well:
Hoisin Sauce Recipe @CDKitchen
It tastes great when made with peanut butter instead of black bean paste.

Enjoy!

Old January 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Default If its Tuesday It Must Be Belgium

Good afternoon from chilly but sunny NY
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Thanks Trudy,,I'm gonna get the goods and make them for this Friday nite,,,if I can wait that long,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.