Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default Tremendous Tuesday!

Morning Mates, there is a spectacular sunrise outside my window, and it looks like a nice day, although the temp is -12, feels like -19 or -2F.
I hope it warms up a bit by this afternoon, because yesterday I stood outside for an hour watching the kids sledding, and nearly froze my fingers and toes off. They of course, never felt the cold, and in fact, came in sweating....

Today is Aquafitness day, and I have missed so many classes lately, it will be good to get back to my routine.
Tuesday Trivia has now changed to Wednesday Trivia, so we won't be going out till tomorrow night. I love having Trivia back two nights a week (we go Saturdays too). Got to get in practice for the next cruise!

donna
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning all.

We will have rain today to wash away the remaining snow. It will be nice to see it wash away.

Got out yesterday for a little while and I think my car enjoyed being out.

Nothing much on the agenda for today, just the usual stuff.

Brenda
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody. Tourist weather is back in Florida! Gonna be a gorgeous day! We didn't get much rain yesterday in spite of all the hoopla about Tornadoes, heavy rain etc.

Time to finish up my coffee, and go home and attack the dust bunnies before the fun begins.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a foggy Texas. We are suppose to have a pretty good weather day. I hope to be able to open the windows for a little bit.

Phy,I want so much for your weather to improve, especially for next month. It just doesn't feel right to have cold weather in Florida.

I just weighted on my Wii. I have lost another 2 lbs. It is good to finally get the baby weight I gained off. It took 22 years to do it.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am trying to formulate a plan for today. Not much happening right now. D/H is gone to work and one kid is awake. In a bit we'll start tackling school.
My new mattress arrived yesterday. I am happy to report I got a good night's sleep for a change and so did the cats. As soon as it arrived and I put it on the bed frame, I put the mattress pad on it, sheets then the duvet. The cat came up laid down and didn't move for 16 hours. I never realized how hard that bad old mattress must have been on that poor kitty. He was sleep deprived lol.
Not sure what else is on tap for today. I gave my babysitter 2 weeks notice yesterday. She does an adequate job, but the kids there are just getting to be so darned mean and hateful. My kids don't even want to go anymore. They're getting tired of it and to be honest so am I. The only reason they go there is to get a little socialization and that isn't going too well these days. So we'll try something else and see how it goes. I haven't got any brilliant ideas yet lol.
Next week D/S will start his first week in a checker's tournament our church's Pastor does once a year at the public school, so maybe he'll meet a new friend or two there. Tomorrow night I'm going to take the kids to a youth service at a local church and I am hopeful they'll have a good time.

Not much else is happening here today. I hope you all have a great week.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Guess what, it's snowing again,and more on Friday...geez..My boss wants me to work tomorrow, but with the icy roads we will have...I don't do icy well.

I heard on tv this morn, this year, will find the airlines charging for infants to fly,and a carry on over 25 pounds, will be charged a fee. Get ready for more fun kids!!

For those of you who may care..Regis just announced, he is leaving his show..probably at the end of the summer

Lucy is coming, so my day is planned..make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; January 18th, 2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Admiral

well gang we already have about 4" of snow and its now changing over to sleet, yipee, snow i can deal with, its the ice that i don't like at all.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining, the geese are goosing, and temps heading to 80 in Scottsdale.

The burgers at Greasewood Flats last night were excellent. The decor as rustic as it gets; picnic tables scattered around out doors, donkeys penned nearby, and an array of broken down antique farm vehicles and equipment sitting about.

Today our visitors are attending the big Barret Jackson auction; Mrs. Kuki has her art class, and another friend invited me golfing.... and of course I can't say no to a golf game

Meeting our visiting friends for some more feasting tonight at a restaurant called the Roaring Fork. At the rate we've been going of late, we could sell the kitchen appliances.

I do have a couple of errands to run this morning before golf so I better get moving.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I loved your comment about taking 22 years to lose the baby weight!

Beenie Weenie, I know what you mean about kids being too darned mean. I see it every day in my after school program, and thank goodness I don't have to spend ALL day with them - I salute their teachers for putting up with it.
I am trying everything I know to put a stop to the bullying and just plain rudeness, but it is like beating your head against a brick wall. These kids just don't seem to have any respect for teachers or each other, and no remorse whatsoever. I cringe to think what kind of generation is growing up...

donna
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........about 46 out.......not as warm as Phyll or Kuki..........but I'll take it........

Trip.........stay inside & keep warm.......ice is NO fun......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Default Tremendous Tuesday

Good morning! A balmy day awaits. Some areas had almost 90 yesterday.

Nothing special going on; just wanted to say hi.

Judy

Old January 18th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Cool Tuesday weather

TRIP....it's still snowing here in the Metro-West area...and the roads are icy and all sorts of accidents on and near the Route 495 area..Heard it took 4 hours to get from Sturbridge to Route 495 this a.m. and now it's raining...and when it freezes it's going to be awful for people trying to get home tonight.. Schools are all closed here, have only heard the plow once..SNOW FRIDAY!!!! Come on weathermen... give us a break.. I won't see the bottom of my deck until mid-May.. Missed the Regis annoucement... One of the joys of retirement....don't have to be anywhere....Nap time!!
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

PM, I am supposed to work tomorrow...not sure what it will like in the morn..Nikki had a tough time getting up my hill. she has got to get up it again,when she brings Aiden here..I have seen the plow, thankfully! Be safe.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from my part of NY where its raining and the streets will soon be icy .
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I hope all of you stay safe. Ice is nothing to mess with. If you don't have to go, don't.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:48 PM
First Mate

The ice missed us last night/this morning. Sure glad it did, because I had a dentist appointment this morning (I would have gladly canceled!!!). It is currently 38 degrees F here with drizzle, but due to drop and switch over to snow with little accumulations. We are to get more snow on Thursday with accumulations. Ugh!

The weekend was here and gone. Girls were here, but I was in PAIN. I had PT on Friday and had a "scapula release" done. Spent the weekend feeling like my shoulder blade was gonna peel off my back! Not liking PT at the moment and discussed it with them on Monday. We are NOT doing anything like that again on a Friday, especially if my girls are coming home for the weekend!

This week is again quiet. Working on client work and trying to get all year-end work done for them. Two done and three to go. I am waiting to hear from one of them to continue. May just skip for the moment and start on the next one.

Holly is doing well. She went to vet on Thursday, got inoculations, and a good once over! Girls got to play with her over the weekend and "doggy-sat" for me some. She had a few "bad" moments on Monday, but it seems to have passed and we are back to all good! Hope this continues!

Good day to all and healing thoughts to those in need.