Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday - Halfway Point!

Good morning from Philly where the days are see-sawing between the 50s and 30's for the daily high.

The panic continues despite the fact that it appears certain that Congress will approve the 2 week funding extension. The panic was fueled by cuts of some funding that was not obligated yet, so they are in a frenzy. I even had one angst-ridden project officer ask me how I could be so calm. I replied that over the years I have found that I get more work done calmly than I do in a panic. Now all I have to do is convince them that endless status meetings slow things even further.

Marj and I are looking forward to Sunday when we take our grandaughter Natalie to the Philadelphia Flower Show.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Antigua

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning Ron and all who follow.

Well, it appears Ron that sometime today you'll be back to your grant work, at least for two weeks...... I personally don't think we'll have a government shutdown as it's a lose-lose for both sides.

Just Church on the agenda. If you want to see a mgnificent Charity website, www.karisheartfoundation.org it's worth your time and to see it properly will take some time. If you visit it, watch the introductory video. My cardiologist and friend and his wife started it when their 7 month old daughter succumbed to congenital heart problems at the age of 7 months on April 7, Easter Sunday, 2009. Then click on the video photo presentation, it's very moving to say the least. Then click on Journal (it may be under the "Blog" tab, I don't remember) and it will take some time to read, but scroll down to the bottom and read from the bottom up. Be prepared to get a bit emotional (to say the least). These two people are among the most wonderful human beings I've ever met and they've channeled their continuing grief into helping families with sick children, often children that will die. It's simultaneously extremely sad yet uplifting.

Another beautiiful day today with highs around sixty. I think I'll be mowing before too much longer if this eather keeps up.

Hope everyone has a great "Hump" day and of course, Prayers accompanied by Blessings continue, also at today's Healing Service at Church.

Todd
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Morning all. The weather goes back and forth here too. It was sunny but chilly yesterday. I'd love a day of sunny and warm. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. For those cruising, enjoy. For those sick, please feel better soon.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and thanks to Doug for posting those beautiful pictures every morning. It's nice to know there's GREEN somewhere in the world!

We continue to freeze, with a -13 windchill today, even though the sun is out. It looked nice and sunny yesterday so I took the kids out sledding, but we nearly froze our patooties off with the windchill!

Tonight I look forward to going to Trivia at the pub. We missed last Wednesday because James was not feeling well, and we missed Saturday too because I was not feeling well. I am suffering from Trivia withdrawl!

Thankfully, my cold is almost gone, with no bad cough hanging on, so I am happy about that! Now, just to stay healthy until we leave for Cuba!

donna
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sunny and high 60s again today in NW GA.

Nothing at all on tap for today.

Spring is definitely here, hope it sticks around for a few weeks and not straight into summer.

Brenda
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Hello All

Glad you are feeling better RD.

Doug - you are so right - when I was working - what drove me crackers was meetings about meetings.

This side of the pond, the white cloud is breaking up to give us more ..... sun and blue skies. I am telling you this is our summer.

Keep well everyone

Annie
Old March 2nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from 37 degree but very sunny NY
Old March 2nd, 2011, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning
A sunny but cold day here this 2nd day of March. Off to hit the gym and later on to the orthodontist with D/S. Not much else.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday - Halfway Point

Good morning! It's sunny, and I suppose, cold. Rain is predicted for Thursday.

Keith and I will treat ourselves tonight with dinner at an excellent steak place in Pasadena. Nothing big on tap today.

Glad you're feeling better, Donna. I hope the waters have calmed for the Hawaii cruisers. They should have a shore day today.

Have a good day, everybody!

Judy
Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates

We are having another sunny day and our snow is melting slowly but surely.

Not much on the agenda today, so we can start to go over plans for our next trip.

Enjoy your day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from in the upper fifties, Virginia Beach. Following my morning gym routine, I showered and then headed to Dillards where they had a 70% off sale. Being a "shopaholic" I had a "field day". Yes, I did buy more shoes; two pairs, and clothing for the grandchildren and myself. There is nothing like a "great sale" to get my adrenaline going! Hope all my fellow cruisemates enjoy their day.