CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   American Idol 2011 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381446-american-idol-2011-a.html)

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2011 12:55 AM

American Idol 2011

Who is your favorite to win ?

For me its Pia Toscano .

thecruisequeen March 24th, 2011 08:56 AM

I love Rocker James and Pia.

However I agree with Randy Pia needs to pick up the tempo and own the stage. She is always singing slow songs. I wish she would sing something more young and hip like Lady Gaga's Born this way.

:D:D:D:D

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2011 10:20 AM

Pia is destined for a great career as is James .I predict they will be the final 2 with Pia winning .

RTALLEN March 24th, 2011 08:01 PM

Jacob and Pia are my two favorites. If they should be the final two, I'd have to flip a coin to decide on which one would get my vote.

hez March 24th, 2011 08:09 PM

I am in love with james!;) He reminds me so much of Adam Lambert.

thecruisequeen March 24th, 2011 08:24 PM

Stefano has a great voice too.

Who goes home tonight??

My guess Naima (sp?) or Hailey.

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2011 09:01 PM

Stefano has a DUI arrest and supposedly did not tell this to the AI producers .I think he may go tonight .

hez March 24th, 2011 09:58 PM

Casey? REALLY???? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????

OH THANK-GOD. they saved him!

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2011 11:55 PM

Nothing surprises me on AI . The fact that Adam Lambert did not win is a travesty as it was last season when Lee DeWyze won .

thecruisequeen March 25th, 2011 08:00 AM

Wow that was a surprise. I was never a fan of casey and I would not have used the save. They should have saved the save for another week. After all Pia or James might be in trouble in the weeks to come.

This is what happens when you have the public doing the voting.

Haha Lee DeWyze I have not heard or seen him since he won. At least AI had him back on the show to sing. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

skymaster March 25th, 2011 09:44 AM

What a joke!!! I thought this was a show where the public voted for, or against the final contestants? If there is a judges "save",,,why bother? I'm sorry,,,I just felt like Casey was little more than a screamer anyway. (Don't flame me,,,,just my opinion!) :rolleyes:

"SKY"

Aerogirl March 25th, 2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1362174)
Wow that was a surprise. I was never a fan of casey and I would not have used the save. They should have saved the save for another week. After all Pia or James might be in trouble in the weeks to come.

This is what happens when you have the public doing the voting.

Haha Lee DeWyze I have not heard or seen him since he won. At least AI had him back on the show to sing. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree with you on Casey, not a fan of his at all. In fact I was happy he was going home and then they saved him:???: James & Pia are the two I like.

thecruisequeen March 25th, 2011 10:51 AM

How about Stevie Wonder's Happy Birthday to Steven Tyler. I thought that was awesome!!

Happy Birthday to Steven!! Always was a big fan of Aerosmith. Steven has a great personality and is funny at times too. And of course a great voice and excellent music.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5897446_n.jpg

Lakers Fan March 25th, 2011 04:33 PM

Steven Tyler aka Steven Tallarico will be 63 tomorrow .

I am a HUGE Casey Abrams fan .He deserved to be on the show . Tomorrow evening my wife and I are going to dinner with a friend who is a cousin of Randy Jackson's wife .I will attempt to get some AI feedback .

Queen of Oakville March 28th, 2011 01:21 PM

I really like Casey, but i don't think he will win. He doesn't have the right image. If I saw him in a jazz lounge, I'd stop and listen to him for hours. I don't think I'd buy his records though [who am I kidding, I don't buy records anymore!]. Let's just say, i don't think I'd be paying 1.29 to download his stuff off itunes.

I love James and hope he goes far in this competition. Stefano is a cutie and i'd like to see him doing something young and hip.

Pia can sing, but I find her boring. Same with Thia

I really like Karen, and I'm sorry she's gone.

Lakers Fan March 28th, 2011 02:14 PM

Casey

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville (Post 1362859)
I really like Casey, but i don't think he will win. He doesn't have the right image. If I saw him in a jazz lounge, I'd stop and listen to him for hours. I don't think I'd buy his records though [who am I kidding, I don't buy records anymore!]. Let's just say, i don't think I'd be paying 1.29 to download his stuff off itunes.

I love James and hope he goes far in this competition. Stefano is a cutie and i'd like to see him doing something young and hip.

Pia can sing, but I find her boring. Same with Thia

I really like Karen, and I'm sorry she's gone.

As a bearded individual I am rooting for casey .The anti-beard lobby is too strong in this country .

Rum Runner March 31st, 2011 09:11 PM

OMG put those 2 on the road together! That was really, REALLY good, and I'm not even a fan of Lauren!

Queen of Oakville April 1st, 2011 01:13 PM

Ha ha, I loved those two together and I'm not a fan of McCreepy.

Naima has kind of grown on me since she started, and I hope she does well in life. Thea has no personality, so I won't miss her. She does have a great "princess" voice like she could be the singing voice of a princess in something like Tangled. I think she may find a future in animation.

At the end of the day, it is not really a singing competition; its a competition for performers.

Has anyone seen the new show with Christina Aguileira?

Lakers Fan April 1st, 2011 11:26 PM

My final 4 :

Casey
Pia
Haley
James

Pia should win

skymaster April 2nd, 2011 09:34 AM

I too, favor Pia. WOW,,,what a voice!

"SKY"

Lakers Fan April 2nd, 2011 10:23 PM

Pia has it all:

a great voice
great figure
great smile
great personality
+ she is native to NYC

Queen of Oakville April 5th, 2011 01:14 PM

Yeah, but she has no stage presence.

I could listen to her on the radio, but would never pay to see her live. The American Idol needs to be more than someone who can just sing - they need to have it all!

She needs a lesson on how to engage a crowd.

thecruisequeen April 5th, 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1364035)
Pia has it all:

a great voice
great figure
great smile
great personality
+ she is native to NYC

The same can be said for the beautiful and talented JLo. :p:p

I agree with Queen O.

Pia needs to take charge of the stage.

She better pick up the beat this week and not sing another slow song.

:D:):cool::p

Lakers Fan April 5th, 2011 09:18 PM

Jennifer Lopez

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecruisequeen (Post 1364544)
The same can be said for the beautiful and talented JLo. :p:p

I agree with Queen O.

Pia needs to take charge of the stage.

She better pick up the beat this week and not sing another slow song.

:D:):cool::p

Jennifer graces my part of LI

This week the contestants get to sing songs by any group or individual in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame .Several music industry people believe that James should sing Stairway To Heaven .Its never been performed on an American Idol show .However from what I've hears he may do a Queen song .

Queen of Oakville April 6th, 2011 10:46 AM

I look forward to anything that James does. i don't get quite the same "wow" from him that i did from Adam Lambert .... but it's close. After this many seasons of Idol, its really nice to see a contestant break out of the box.

thecruisequeen April 6th, 2011 02:59 PM

James can do a good job with any rock song. I can't wait to see him sing together with Steven Tyler at the finals. After all Steven did agree to join James on stage for the finals. :-D:-D8-)8-):cool:

Lakers Fan April 6th, 2011 11:51 PM

PIA WAS GREAT TONIGHT as was James .
Haley and Casey were very good
-------------------------------------

skymaster April 7th, 2011 09:03 AM

I saw it a little different than Henry. I thought James sucked, big time. I haven't liked Casey in the past, but thought his performance last night was excellent! Pia was very good, but not as good as she has been in the past. Missed Haley,,so can't comment on her?
I guess the performers are growing on me a bit, as I really didn't like any of 'em at the start, but am starting to enjoy them more as the weeks go by. I still favor Pia to win.

"SKY"

Queen of Oakville April 7th, 2011 11:13 AM

Sorry CCR, but I like Casey's version better than the original. I think he is going to be a good mid-level star with a decent following. i don't see him as a mega-star though. I would buy his music for when I'm in a lounge-y mood. I may download last night's song off itunes.

Pia was good. I want more though. Girl can sing no doubt - but I agree wtih Jlo that she needs to push it further.

I still love quirky Paul. His smile makes me smile.

Lauren, was okay. She needs some maturity and then she will go far.

Scotty McCreepy .... well, that says it all.

I ff'd through Jacob as usual.

Stefano - I just love him. I look at him and think that is what my little 3 yo will look like when he grows up. He's such a cutie. I'd .like to see him doin something fresh and current though.

thecruisequeen April 7th, 2011 01:57 PM

My boy James was good along with Stafano and Pia.

My bottom three for tonight.... Jacob, Casey, Scotty, Lauren.
Oh wait that is 4....:p:p:p:p

I Love Paul's Smile. He sure does have a million dollar smile with those pearly whites of his. :):)