Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Admiral

Default Now....I Have March Madness !!!!

the VCU-Butler match up will guarantee at least one underdog will be in the championship game and which ever team wins I will root for...I actually hope VCU-Butler outdraws UCONN-Kentucky on Saturday

there is very little possiblity that any of the players on Butler or VCU will go on to the NBA...there is a much higher possibility that the players will stay 4 years and graduate from there respective schools..there is a greater possiblity that very few star players will receive their degree within 4 years at Kentucky/UCONN, less alone stay for 4 years ..I also pray that the young coaches at both schools and their respective administrations realize that they should stay put and not leave for bigger college programs (more $$$$) where coaching becomes less about educating for life (exception Coach K. but he played at West Point for Bobby Knight) and more about generating revenue

I love attending and watching division 2 and 3 games and any game on the division one level at any military academy (West Point, Naval Academy and USAFC) because they understand that sports leads to a college education and a better life

this would not happen in division 1 football, only in b-ball..I realize my friend Will is crying that his team did not make it to the final 4
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
the VCU-Butler match up will guarantee at least one underdog will be in the championship game and which ever team wins I will root for...I actually hope VCU-Butler outdraws UCONN-Kentucky on Saturday

there is very little possiblity that any of the players on Butler or VCU will go on to the NBA...there is a much higher possibility that the players will stay 4 years and graduate from there respective schools..there is a greater possiblity that very few star players will receive their degree within 4 years at Kentucky/UCONN, less alone stay for 4 years ..I also pray that the young coaches at both schools and their respective administrations realize that they should stay put and not leave for bigger college programs (more $$$$) where coaching becomes less about educating for life (exception Coach K. but he played at West Point for Bobby Knight) and more about generating revenue

I love attending and watching division 2 and 3 games and any game on the division one level at any military academy (West Point, Naval Academy and USAFC) because they understand that sports leads to a college education and a better life

this would not happen in division 1 football, only in b-ball..I realize my friend Will is crying that his team did not make it to the final 4
I am now rooting for VCU to win it all . They have great players and a fantastic coach . Smart won over Self .
I too enjoy watching Division 2 and 3 basketball. Its very rare that a player will make the NBA but the players tend to always give 100% .
In my opinion there should be a minor league system for basketball players so that those not interested in attending college for academics don't have to participate in the charade .
Old March 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Very few coaches in college basketball stay with one team for their career .Mark Few is one who one never reads about him thinking of leaving .
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Go VCU Rams !!! gonna be exciting to see what happens on Sat.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Admiral

My latest picks:

Kentucky over Conn
VCU over Butler
Kentucky over VCU
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Admiral

the Las Vegas bookies must be going crazy..I would suspect a few folks from Richmond put down $$$$ for VCU to go all the way..does anybody know that the posted odds are for VCU to win it all ?
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Admiral

I am for "the underdog", I hope Butler wins!
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Butler or VCU winning would be great
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Admiral

yes uconn!

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Admiral

I heard an interview with Kemba Walker .He was asked his opinion of the fame vs. Kentucky .He replied in one word "surreal." I hope that he returns for his senior year .

I read that his passion is dancing ,even more than basketball.