Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Default Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction

On a recent Millionaire show a contestant was asked to name the conveyance that could carry the most people .Her choices were :

a)Dirigible
b)train
c)jet plane
d)cruise liner

She had no idea what the answer was .
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Admiral

I just got my mail . I received a bill from a collection agency in the amount of $5.61 stating that I did not pay a bill for PT that I had on 6/23/10 .The bill was $1.95 but $3.66 was added in collection fees .
I in turn am sending a letter stating that this was the first bill I received .I am sending them a payment of $1.95 .

Insurance billing is getting to be insane .
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Admiral

About ten years ago I received a significant bill accompanied by a threatening letter. I checked with my insurance and they explained it wasn't paid because it was not filed within the six month time limit the provider knew was required. In fact it was almost five months beyond even that before they got the bill. I gleefully prepared to play hard ball.

I called the provider, got the name of the person in billing with whom I spoke (including believe this or not, her last name) and asked her when the insurance company was initially billed. She replied with a date two weeks before their notice to me. She asked if I wished to pay by credit card. I politely declined, thanked her for her assistance and hung up.

I then wrote a letter to the provider stating the exact date of service, the date of initial billing, etc. and told them that I was sure their having to eat a $1,675.00 bill would entice them to effect more timely billing. If they wished to press the matter further, I'd be glad to meet them in court and if that entailed travel, I'd of course bill them for all incurred necessary expenses after the decision was rendered in my favor.

Never heard another word.

Todd
Old April 16th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Admiral

If I go to a doctor for the very first time they normally ask my occupation and I say retired .They tend to ask what I did before and when I reply Health Insurance Frauds Investigator I tend to not have billing problems .In this case the PT facility employees never asked me and I never volunteered .