CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sunday Morning Coming Down (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/381957-sunday-morning-coming-down.html)

rollerdonna April 17th, 2011 07:55 AM

Sunday Morning Coming Down

Morning Mates, it's another cold and very windy day here in Pictou County.
I think I am going to have to go out tomorrow and replace all the eggs on my Easter Tree outside, they've probably all blown off onto the lawn.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/912/8959.jpg

The landscape is just so dull this time of year with the bare trees and the brown/yellow grass, I had to "spring it up" a bit by decorating the big tree outside by the road.

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery2/...s/912/8960.jpg

Later today I am attempting something I've never done before - a themed dinner party. Being away from Quebec in the spring, I miss going to the Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack) for an authentic maple meal, so I am going to re-create one at home for some friends invited for dinner.
On the menu is maple baked ham, boiled potatoes, oven baked omelette, brown beans, all served with maple syrup.
Then for dessert, I will attempt my first ever crepes, stuffed with vanilla ice cream, and drizzled with maple syrup. We may all be on a sugar high the rest of the night!
Well, I'd better get moving, lots to do to prepare, have a great day!

donna

Trip April 17th, 2011 08:46 AM

Hi Kids,
Turning sunny as I type, but I want some heat! I may find it on the Riviera, I sure hope so.

Not much on the agenda this week, but, I do have to work another day. We have a rep coming in to , sell us fall clothing!!!! Hard to think of fall, when I we are barely into spring!!!

Donna have fun at your dinner....I hope you will not be bouncing off the walls:) BTW, cut and paste? lol

Make it a good one..

Aerogirl April 17th, 2011 09:04 AM

Good morning sunshine.....
Going to Lakeland to visit an old friend who moved down here years ago.
rd... Love the tree!

Lakers Fan April 17th, 2011 11:05 AM

Good morning from sunny but very windy NY .Too windy for me to walk outside .

Kuki April 17th, 2011 11:33 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! More snow, and more cold ! Temps may reach 30F :mad:

And now you know why snowbirds exist. This type of weather in late Apr. is depressing.

Thankfully I'm packing today to get the heck out of here. Even leaving can be a pain, with more snow forecast it's going to be a longer commute to the airport. Have to leave early to make sure I get through customs and immigration on time.

Then I'll be in warm Scottsdale until Sunday, when I board the Crystal Symphony in San Pedro.

Mike M April 17th, 2011 12:04 PM

Good morning everyone:

I was up bright and early this morning and felt that I needed to make up for my two days of sloth. I decided to finally remove the rock wall from around my well head. The dang thing was just more for me to trim around and after 20 years the rocks were starting to come loose. Well, I did it. However I now realize that I'm not as young or strong as I used to be. 150 lb. + rocks are not things I should be lifting, let alone carrying. My lower back is now paying for it. Duh!

Depending on how my back is doing, I'll wait until my son comes around later today and have him take me to the garden store and I'll get a few bags of top soil so I can fill in where the rock wall was. I will have to wait until the weather becomes more predictable and I can turn on the sprinklers. Then I'll throw some seed down and get rid of the black spot in the middle of the front yard.

I hope everyone is having a good Palm Sunday and that everyone has a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

CruisinK n J April 17th, 2011 12:09 PM

Sunday Morning Coming Down

Good morning from SoCal. Another nice warm day here with temps in the 80's.

Donna, your meal sounds delicious and ambitious.

My knee seems to be "dehobbling," so I hope Keith will take me to lunch at P.F. Chang's today.

Have a nice Sunday.

Judy

Have a nice

ToddDH April 17th, 2011 05:37 PM

Hope everyone had a pleasant Palm Sunday. It was a glorious day here today with a high around 68 F.

This area is extremely popular with former "Snowbirds" moving here. They initally move far down South only for many to discover they miss the four seasons. They then frequently move to this area because of low taxes and a moderate climate not to mention East Tennessee is considered one of the best areas in which to retire. We call them, "Halfbacks," meaning they move "halfway" back. While we had what I would consider a cold winter for these parts it was certainly much more moderate than that experienced by the more northern states.

Hope your Dinner is a success R/D. It sounds scrumptious!

Todd