Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Default Another Saturday....

Morning Mates, yesterday felt like a Saturday, and here we are with the real thing. I love double Saturdays!
It's another sunny, bright day here in Pictou County and we have moved up to 7C or44F, a little more pleasant.

Nothing on the agenda today except trivia tonight at our favourite pub.
Last week the owners dropped a bombshell and announced they had sold the pub and are retiring in 2 weeks. Fortunately, they sold to a good guy who we know quite well, and hopefully he will keep trivia going each week.
The present owners have become good friends and we have invited them for Easter dinner tomorrow, since neither of us have family in town. We are all really looking forward to it!

Enjoy your 2nd Saturday and the rest of your weekend everyone!

donna
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Just another day in paradise here in beautiful Central Florida. Temperature going to 85 degrees, F., and should be bright and sunny. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) has already donned her bathing suit, and is lounging on our back patio, getting "some rays". She got a very nice base tan on our recent "Dream" cruise, and says she intends to keep that tan going all summer.
Donna, sounds like a fun evening at the pub. Hopefully, the new owner will continue the tradition of "Trivia" that you've grown to like so much.
Not much on the agenda for me today. I've got to change the oil in one of the mowers today. Just a little bit of "maintenance" certainly pays off in the long run. We've had that old mower for nearly 20 years, and it still runs, and mows like new!
Hope all my "Mates" have a great day, and a blessed Easter Sunday.

Ken
"SKY"
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Well I am shocked and dismayed that the bunnies have been swiping my dill and cilantro already. There's nothing left but little nubs sticking up out of the ground.

I decided to pull the cover off the pool and see what was lurking under there after sitting all winter. Last year after my surgeries in August and October, things kind of went to heck for a while. I tried hard to get the cover on the pool, but it repeatedly came off and I was not in a position to go out and put it back on correctly, since I couldn't walk around on the uneven surface of the yard. So finally in November sometime d/h devised an ingenious way to keep the cover on the pool but by then there were a substantial number of leaves and stuff in it. So for a few days before I pulled the cover off, I poured several gallons of bleach into it. Day before yesterday I hooked up the filter pump and have started scooping out leaves this morning. I am glad it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The kids have been suffering from seasonal allergies. I hope the rain yesterday helped get rid of some of the pollen that's floating around.

This morning the kids have music lessons and I have lots of laundry (what else is new) to do and both of their rooms are half way clean. Then tonight I'll be busy with other, not so fun stuff.

I swear that I have the stupidest doves who decided to nest in a hanging basket that just happens to be where there is a torrential downpour every time it rains. I watched yesterday as she sat on the side of the basket and watched the water run over her eggs in the nest.... I am not overly optimistic the eggs are ever going to hatch.

Well I better get dressed and ready to go. Have a great holiday for those of who observe Easter. Enjoy the weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM
Captain

Smile

Well its a beautiful morning in the pacific Nortwest time to get the lawm mower out and cleanup the yard after the long winter. I bet its nice in Hawaii would love to be sitting on the beach there!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's a beautiful morning in Daytona Beach Shores, where we are spending a few days post-cruise before we return to Ct.

I wish you all a nice day and a happy Easter.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The beginning of a beautiful last day in Scottsdale, with temps heading to 90.

One last golf game set up for this morning as a tune up for my golf course, which begins tomorrow.

I'm mostly packed (even without Mrs. Kuki here to do it for me), and now just have to juggle to make sure I get under the weight limits.

Have to spend the rest of the day getting ready to "shiut down" the condo for the summer season.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Good morning mates
What a great feeling it was to wake up in my own bed this morning. Flying was less than desirable coming and going due to all the bad storms and at this point I’m in no hurry to hop back onto a plane.

We had a wonderful family vacation and going to the Magic Kingdom with my sister was priceless. These will truly be some of my fondest memories of us three sisters. The weather couldn’t of been better and oh how I love the palm trees. I did get to Lakeland to visit a dear old friend and see her new house and her new boyfriend. But like Dorothy said “There’s no place like home”
Have a happy Easter!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Another Saturday

Another overcast day. Apparently, all the outdoor Easter sunrise services, Easter egg hunts, and Easter bonnets are going to get wet tomorrow. If patooties aren't kept covered, they'll be cold, too. The really warm stuff doesn't happen til next week.

Keith has gone off to Riverside. Other than a couple of house cleaning shores, I haven't decided what will make up my day.

We will spend Easter Sunday with the in-laws, good cooks, all. Have a happy day.

Judy

Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

A quick good morning to everyone. I'm just waiting for Betty to finish getting ready and then we will head north to spend the day, and part of the night, with my brother and other family members.

Last night I was asked if I would like to host the next Cruisemates Cruise over Thanksgiving. I had to call "The Boss" and check her schedule and as you can see by the "sticky" on this forum and few others the answer was "Yes!!!" It is going to be a fun cruise and my first "holiday" cruise. I do hope that a lot of Cruisemates leave the cooking to Celebrity and join me and Betty on board the Eclipse.

I do hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and joyous Easter Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Good morning from NY where its storming . I am staying home to rest and to watch some very old movies + a Buster Crabbe serial from the 1930's.