Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default LuAnne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Why say you don't believe Bush was involved, unless you believed it? You are the one that posted it.

Troops have all but been pulled out of Germany. There is a vital need for some units, because if we need to be in Europe in a hurry, the posts will be there, and the agreements will be needed for things like fly overs, and supplies.

When you say we need to be out of Cuba, do you mean Gitmo?

You made a point to bring up the fact that the only troops you would support are the ones who say "Hell no we won't go" I remember you saying this because I was decribing the fact that my beloved hubby was about to go to Iraq, in a morning thread. I was hurt then, but now I would love for you to tell me what you really think. Would you even have a military, if you were in power? I have to tell you that ones who say hell no are cowards, and that is not what you would want, because it would not be good to have ones who only defended when they wanted to.

As far as us having the best to go after BLN, your right, but you have to also remember, he was the head guy, not the whole package. The military you think so little of, has been a little busy.

You have mentioned many times now about your friend that was killed. How long ago was that, Henry? 50 years? 40? My son was murdered 2 years ago. The reason I am not worried about seeing pictures with BLN is I had to see the pictures of my son with the top of his head blown off. Don't give me the crap about your friend. You are preaching to the choir here.

I hate fighting. I hate guns. I hate my husband has to leave me to go and protect others, but I am not a complete fool. The world we live in is dangerous. And no amount of pot smoking, cowardness, and putting our heads in a hole is going to change that. I have said it before, and I will say it again. We get out of the Middle East, and they will be here, because they hate us.

BY the way, Obama didn't get BLN, nor did Bush. Those people that you think so little of did their jobs. They trained, and they trained hard. When you were sitting in front of your computer, they were getting up at o dark thirty, and hopefully was able to sleep in a day or two. They didn't do it alone, because one or two can't do it, it takes them all.

Next time the the fools attack NYC, don't go to the web site for losers that you have learned so much about, and support, look toward the skies and see if you see Venice's wonderful son, or the men and women who have your back every day, whether you care about them or not.

Once again you have mis-quoted me .I said there is a theory amongst conspirators that Bush and other politicians were involved with the events of 911 .I DID NOT say that was my opinion .

I do not believe that the US should have a naval base in Cuba .The husband of one of my school friends an Admiral in the USN (retired)shares that point of view .

I am not against the military .Nearly all of my friends and relatives have spent time in the various branches . I believe that the military belongs on US soil . This is not heavily publisized but a lot of US military people are refusing to fight in Iraq because they believe that to be an unjust war .I commend them for taking the stand .Too many of our young people are dying ,its not the sons and grandsons of our politicians ,its the young people who can't get a job who are volunteering .
Your husband made the army his career choice ,thats his perogative .I did not say anything about that .
I understand your son was murdered and what you are going through .We discussed this in personal e-mails .What I said to you in the e-mails was that I cannot fathom how you think its wonderful for youngsters learning to fire weapons and going out hunting .

For you to think that if we leave Iraq and Afghanistan that the US will be attacked ny these countries in ludicrous .Don't listen to me ,listen to the Vietnam Veterans who post on CM.

There is a Vietnam Veterans Against the War chapter in my community .They express the views of thousands of veterans all across the country who know how horrible war is.

Can we say Mai-Lai
Reply With Quote
  #62 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,518
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default

Unbelieveable.....

You post all of this stuff about 9/11 and who is envolved, and now your are backing up so fast, your wheels are spinning. WHY WOULD YOU POST IT IN THE FIRST PLACE IF YOU DIDN"T BELIEVE IT?

I hate to tell you this, but we are not in Nam. This is an all volenteer force. If they don't want to go, they can either not join, or get out. I live on one of the largest military posts in the world. Believe me, they are tired, sad, and just plain worn out, but they are going, because this is what they signed up for.

I still have your one e-mail to me. You said nothing about young kids hunting.

Henry, You have been brain washed with the site you are using to come up with these things. I feel for you, because you are not getting the complete story from them. I know, because when you sent me the web address, I spent several hours reading what they have to say. Henry, times have changed. Today's military is not like Nam. For one thing they know better than to do drugs. They pee in a cup more than in the potty. They are coming home to a hero's welcome. They are not being spit on like in Nam. But they will if people start believing what you are saying.

I guess people can believe what you say, or they can believe me.
__________________
Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Reply With Quote
  #63 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

LuAnne:

1)I have all the e-mails I sent you and your responses .

2) If you check every post on CM from 2000 to present you will see hundreds of posts in which people are relating something that they read on another site . How many times do you watch a TV show or listen to a radio show in which there is a disclaimer that the words expressed are not necessarily those of the network .
I merely advanced a theory and suggested that if you are interested you can check out the website .
Its similiar to a discussion on UFO's .There are theories that some subscribe to and some do not .
Reply With Quote
  #64 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
I also believe in having a strong military ready to defend our country. But I believe that they should be stationed here in the US not in Germany, Italy, Korea or any other country that we have troops in.
I am not anti-military ( I am a Vietnam Veteran ), but we can not afford to keep our troops all over the world nor shoud we.

TM
Manuel

You speak a lot of sense.

Both the UK and USA have financial difficulties.

How much has the Iraq and Afghan wars cost? Who has made money from these wars - oh the arms companies; what have we achieved - not a lot IMHO. The Iraq war was all about oil IMHO.

Pakistan, an ally of USA - had OBL as a guest for 7 years and USA knew nothing about it - sorry don't believe it.

From a simple financial perspective, both countries need to withdraw troops and if necessary make any surplus troops redundant and concentrate on solving the economic issues.

Annie
Reply With Quote
  #65 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Paul Motter's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: in my office!
Posts: 10,850
Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default

Let's please not make this personal - war is hell.
Reply With Quote
  #66 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,518
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default

I just want to clear up one thing, then I'm done. We have military posts in other countries for several reasons. The most important thing is that it is impossible to fly troops from the states to the Middle East without stopping, to refuel. If a soldier is seriously hurt, they can be flown to Germany for emergency treatment, where one of the best military hospitals is still open.

We still have troops in Korea, because we are still having problems with the north, and on the other side, China.

This will be Jim's last tour of Iraq. This is trip number 9 since 1989. They are closing up shop. I hope that the troops will come out of Afganistan this summer like the president has promised.

I wish there was not a need for the military. We could have been making a lot more money if we had normal jobs. I wish people that are clueless didn't have the right to make decisions, but it is what it is.

I wish the troops in Nam had been treated better. The ones who fought, did as their gov ordered them to do. When the drugs were ramped, nothing was done to stop it.

I wish people would stop saying that Iraq is for oil. It is so wrong, because if it was true, then your gass bill would not be as high as it is. Even if it is true, a soldier does not get to fill out a form to say where they will fight. They do as they are told.

I feel no ill will against Henry. He has been in my prayers for months now, and that will not change. We have had a debate today, and that is also what a military is all about. We were able to do something that is some countries would be illigal.

I would also like to thank those of you who clapped at your local airport when you saw a soldier in uniform. For those who have contributed to the wounded warriors fund, thank you.

Never take your freedom for granted. It isn't free, but it is yours to enjoy.

God Bless all of you, and our troops...
__________________
Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Reply With Quote
  #67 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default "War Is Hell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Let's please not make this personal - war is hell.
"War Is Hell" is the name of something I wrote in 1973 for a competition sponsored by Paddy's Irish Whiskey .
Reply With Quote
  #68 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Junior Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Luanne:

I think you are AWESOME - plain and simple. Keep telling it like it is - most people think along the same lines as you. I'm not about to get in a battle here - as I seldom post. But I have wanted to shout out loud with you throughout this "discussion" - I am so proud of our military and nothing with ever change that!
Reply With Quote
  #69 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniegb View Post
.

How much has the Iraq and Afghan wars cost? Who has made money from these wars - oh the arms companies; what have we achieved - not a lot IMHO. The Iraq war was all about oil IMHO.


From a simple financial perspective, both countries need to withdraw troops and if necessary make any surplus troops redundant and concentrate on solving the economic issues.

Annie
If we don't take care of our financial dificulties very soon, I fear for the kind of life that our children are going to have.

TM
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #70 (permalink)  
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

I totally agree ,Manual .
Reply With Quote
  #71 (permalink)  
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I totally agree ,Manual .
Unsurprisingly, I agree with Manuel and Henry.

The younger generations are going to face considerably tougher times than I did and who is to blame?

Answer : not just the government.

Annie
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 18,199
Default

Three great minds agree
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bin, house, ladens, mates, people, pictures

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carnival photo release? Tink Carnival Cruise Lines 7 April 27th, 2007 12:27 PM
getting the photo release... hoopsielv Carnival Cruise Lines 2 August 24th, 2006 11:02 AM
Photo Release L Diana Royal Caribbean International 7 July 22nd, 2004 11:15 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1