CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Carnival Magic From Galveston (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/382334-carnival-magic-galveston.html)

Paul B May 6th, 2011 01:07 PM

Carnival Magic From Galveston

Peggy and I just booked a cruise on Carnival Magic from Galveston for May 13th 2012. It is Eastern Caribbean with stops at Nassau, Freeport and Key West. It would be nice is some other Cruisemates would join us. Trip's blogs make the ship sound very interesting.

This cruise is to make up for the lousy one we had on Voyager in March. I didn't post on here, but Peggy slipped and fell in the wet painted shuffleboard on the lifeboat drill the first day. It was slippery like ice and the deck was crowded so she couldn't see it. She spent the whole cruise in bed and didn't even get to eat in the dining room one night. They took four x rays of her back, but couldn't see any break. I did manage to take her our in a wheel chair a few times.

She has been slowly been getting better tha last two months. She can walk unaided a block or more now, but sitting on a hard chair is still painful. It is a good sign that she gets by with no medication.

For anyone sailing on a Voyager class ship, watch out for the shuffelboard during life boat drill, particularly if it is damp.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phil&Liz May 7th, 2011 10:30 AM

If the dates work for you, there are Cruisemates on the Magic sailings Nov. 14th and March 4th that you can join with.

ready2gonow May 7th, 2011 11:16 AM

Paul, I'm so sorry to hear that Peggy fell! How terrible! I hope RCI was helpful, during the situation. Hopefully, they will do something to eliminate the possibility of future falls.

We won't be able to sail with you on that date. You can see in my signature line that I have a several cruises already booked. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Carnival Magic!

Tell Peggy that I hope she feels better.

Snoozeman May 7th, 2011 05:53 PM

Carnival Magic in October '11, November '11 and in March 2012.

April May 7th, 2011 07:35 PM

Paul
Please give Peggy my best wishes for a speedy recovery---

It would be nice to join you--but I too have the Magic booked for the Nov and March dates-----maybe you could switch or add one of both of these cruises----- ? as you know were a fun group---hahaha

Take care and cheers
April

rollerdonna May 7th, 2011 10:23 PM

Paul, so sorry to hear of Peggy's mishap, hope she is feeling better by now.
Wish we could join you both once again (what a great trivia team we could be!), but at this point, finding employment is a priority. Once I do that, then it will be seeing how much vacation time I get...:roll:

donna

Paul B May 7th, 2011 11:04 PM

We booked the cruise for May 21st, before school gets out and when it will be nice and warm. Also, we are tired of the Western Caribbean and the ports of Key West, Nassau and Freeport should be fun. It would be very nice to cruise with some of you again, if not on this cruise, perhaps on another.

Phil&Liz May 8th, 2011 02:47 PM

Is that sailing going to miss the Memorial weekend time off for kids ?

Paul B May 9th, 2011 03:12 PM

I am sure the kids will still be in school that week, the main reason why we never book a cruise during the summer, Christmas or spring break.