Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Morning Mates, it's the middle of the week and it feels like it will never end.
Maybe it's just the weather that never ends. Still cold, still dull, still raining.
The only good thing is that everything is so green. We saw ducks in the schoolyard yesterday, there's that much rain.

Our Origami for Japan endeavour yesterday was a big success. The young man showed great maturity and patience while teaching all of us how to fold paper cranes. It started out easy, then got very complicated, but amazingly, we ended up with about 18 brightly coloured little cranes to send to Japan
(the legend is, 1,000 cranes will grant you a wish) and over $30 raised for the Red Cross Japanese relief fund.

I am up and outta here early today for yet another daycare "visit" day, trying to decide which one I will end up choosing. Wish me luck!

donna
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

Donna, I do wish you luck jn making your choice.

We have been having a several days of sunny warm weather, but today is a bit cloudy so far.I could use some sunshine since I have started my garden.

Have a nice day everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Morning All

Our long dry sunny period has come to an end - we have had a fair bit of rain but the gardens love it. Just now it is sunny and warm.

Sad day in Europe with the funeral of the late, great golfer Seve Ballesteros. Charismatic he was in spades. I was fortunate enough to see him play and as someone said he lit up a golf course! He had the most marvellous smile; to die at 53 of a brain tumour is so,so sad but he left us with so very many happy memories. Not everyone can say that.

Donna - we have a saying over here - don't give them choices if you know what I mean; my bil uses the expression frequently when relating to children. Anyway good luck.

Manuel - enjoy the garden!; after lunch back to the garden for me.

Annie
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny dry Florida. It's like a tinderbox around here. I'm loving the sun, but we sure do need some rain.

RD, I'm happy to hear that you have a choice as far as jobs go. These days with so many out of work, that is a real privelege (sp?) OH, I loved the story about the boy and the oragami. So nice.

Have a good one all.
Phyll

Last edited by Phyllbo; May 11th, 2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: forgot about the oragami
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very humid Texas. We managed a little rain yesterday, which was very much welcome.

Our neighbor, and very good friend, had top soil put in his yard yesterday. I teasted him about it raining, and running in my yard. Sure enough it did. It sure is nice to get free stuff every once in awhile.

Today I am receiving a new frig. I have only had one other, and that one has lasted 16 years. It's been a good one, but is showing it's age, and we were afraid it would go out when we weren't here. I decided to downsize since Joe is no longer here, and Josh eats most of his meals at work, but I found a large one for the same price as the smaller one we found, so that is what we will get.

Jim is busy trying to do those last minute man things before he leaves. But if you are use to your hubby leaving town, you know things don't break until they leave.

Yesterday Jim came home with his summer haircut. Okay, so he no longer needs a comb. It is so short, but will be nice in the 120 degree heat. He also goes native, so the beard has begun. Hate that thing, and it usually takes me several months after he comes back, to talk him into shaving it.

Weight loss continues with only a few bumps in the road. I am down 36 lbs, and feel great.

Donna, I think it is wonderful that you can pick a new job. You have been in my thoughts and will continue to do so.

I hope all of you have a good day. Take care.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:30 AM
First Mate

Hey Phyllbo, want some of our rain??? We had 25 of 30 days in April with rain and May is following suit! We had just a little bit last night, but several rumbles of thunder that sent older dog, Mia, to my side of the bed to cower in a tight spot! That dog is such a woose!

Holly is snoozing in her crate beside me. She is definately no longer the fat little puppy I got in December. She now weighs almost 18 pounds, is long and has really long, gangly legs. She listens pretty well, stays out of trash, does not chew cords and is slowly learning my house is not a bathroom!! She can sit, give 5 and speak on command. Soon, I need to teach her some more tricks and good behaviors!

Today is sunny and to reach 80's F. Same for tomorrow with a threat of showers/storms for next several days. Tomorrow I also go see neck surgeon and hopefully get rid of the neck collar. It is getting to warm to wear! Want to ask doctor why I developed high blood pressure after surgery. Internet has not given me too many answers. And, it's not that I have not had it checked in some time. I get it checked, at the very least, monthly when I get my infusions. I have always been 120's over 70's or less. After surgery, I have been running 160's over 90's - sometimes more; but slowly coming down to 120's over 80's or 90's. Really strange!

Well, things to do; so good day to all!
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY .
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Another hot and humid day in store for today but Iím not complaining! I have already been out in the garden this morning, so much to do but I love it. If I can figure out how to post some pictures Iíll show you my beautiful gardens over the summer. I have physical therapy at 10:30 and then off to my second home, ďHome DepotĒ for some more soil and whatever else jumps into my cart!
Have a glorious day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Going to hit 70 F in Calgary today! I'll be heading to the hospital shortly to check on my mother. It's still a mixed bag for her. She feels ok, but then when she eats isn't able to keep anything down. At present they have no idea why, exactly.

I have my own appointment with my Dr. this afternoon.

Have to make an appointment for my car too, as my convertible top isn't functioning.

Returning home from my cruise there's always a pile of ****to get through, and with the situation, mine is twice as high.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Hump Day

Good morning. It's going to be a nice sunny day, as Spring seems to decide to stay.

It's gym day for Keith. I go to the doctor tomorrow to find out about this bum knee.
Looks like the sessions with the physical therapist won't end soon . . .

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon all.

My gardening days are over I'm afraid, so I'm hoping my neigbors have big ones!

Had a couple of thunderstorms late last night but that was about it. Chance for more today and I expect them as we're forecast for a high or 87F. A typical late Spring day for upper East Tennessee.

I started this thread at 0645 and here it is 1520. That's what you get when you try and fo two or three things at once with the mental capacity to do about 1/3 of any one thing!

Hope everyone had a great day and all have a relaxing evening.

One last thing. Before I logged on I understand there was a scurrilous post from a hacker concerning an earlier post from me concerning Fran. I am so indebted to R/D for removing it and for all the supportive e-mails she received from evidently many of you who saw it.

I guess it takes a person so mentally disturbed to do such a thing that although I felt immense anger, I am now at the stage that I'm actually going to pray tonight for that person to find the peace necessary to preclude their ever having to do something similar again.

Prayers and Blessings continue!

Todd