Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Default Miserable Monday

Morning Mates, from another miserable Monday weather day in Pictou County.
Dull, wet, foggy, and only 10C or 50F. It's June for heaven's sake!

I'll be down at the Quay this morning, waiting for the tourists to come in out of the cold. Weather like this tends to keep the tourists away, so it will be a slow morning.
This afternoon I skip work as I have a scheduled x-ray at the hospital.
I'm hoping the weather will clear a little so I can enjoy the rest of my afternoon off!

donna
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very warm, and Humid Texas. Got up at 4:00 this morning to get ready to run at 5:00. I am only use to working out at home, so the humidity was killing me. I hope that each day gets a little better. We are going to warm way up today. At this rate, we will have a long, dry summer.

Today, I need to prune the roses, and clean out the garage, before the sun comes up. Other than that, not much planned.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Admiral

Morning Donna and those to follow.

Weather 14C here and cloudy - so not much better weather wise.

Getting back to 'normal' after my cruise.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Annie
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It isn't miserable here. Sitting in the Carnival coffee shop enjoying a latte and a croissant. Today is Cozumel and a beach day for the family. Going to try Nachi Cocum and see if it is as good as some rave about.

Yesterday was a sea day and a fun one for the kids and all. Grandpa's brain took a vacation so he slept most of the afternoon but was ready for Elegant night. A good dinner with a nice sized lobster tail.

I can now understand why parents keep their kids in Camp Carnival all day. It's because the kids don't want to leave. My granddaughter was there from noon yesterday until 10:00 p.m.. We checked on her about three times and she didn't want to leave. She even didn't want to leave at 10:00 and wanted to stay for the "slumber party" but we thought that was late enough.

I hope everyone has a great day. I "may" be thinking about you.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Captain

Thanks for rubbing it in that you are on a great cruise Mike. Sounds like you are all having a good time. RD, sorry for your cold weather. It is above normal here with temps in the high 80's to low 90's. No grandkids for me today so I need to hit the office work. I have lots to get caught up on before the kids come tomorrow. This will be the only day I have them this week as their family is flying to Mrytle Beach for 4 days. This will be the first time that the kids have ever flown, wish I could be on the flight to watch them. It is a short get-a-way for them but I am sure they will have a good time. They have friends who have rented a 3 bedroom condo and asked them to come along. There will be 4 adults, two 7 yr olds and a 3 yr old. Look out here they come!

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates.

Another beautiful day in Ct. Sunny and warm without too much humidity.

I hope that you all have a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright, sunny, and, a great day here in Beantown. The entire week will be a good one, sorry Donna

I am on the computer in the spare room because my laptop got a worm...If by chance you get an email from me, or anything untoward, rest assured it was not from me grrr!

We did some cleaning yesterday to get the porch all set to enjoy...shlepping and carrying things away for the trash. I cleaned the ceiling fan, fun stuff like that...more of that to come...

Make it a good one..I hope someone steps on the worm!!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning from hot and sunny NY
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Admiral

good morning its a beautiful sunny, warm day
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Now according to the “meteorologist” on channel 7 last night today was supposed to be sunny, 88 & humid with a chance of rain tonight. I don’t see any sun, wrong yet again!

I hope we don’t get rained on; we will be on a dinner cruise tonight on the lake with some of the musicians from the Chicago Symphony Orchestra who will also be playing. I hope the weather holds out nothing like the Chicago lakefront on a nice day with great music.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! My last day in Arizona is likely hit 108! A bit warm

A couple of minor errands to run, then finish up the packing, then clean, clean, clean. Then start covering the furniture.

This all kind of sounds like work .. yuck
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Morning all.

Mike, glad you are having a good time.

I really wish I could share some of the heat and humidity. It is miserable here. Have chores and errands today. Teen is out of school. She's just taken the pup for a jog around the block. We'll see how that goes. Going to try to read some of my book this evening...Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo. Well, the teen and dog are back. That did not last long. hehe

Have a good one.
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM
First Mate

It is to get into high 80's F today - 90's F for next several days! Ugh! Weekend went quick. Went out to see DD#1 pond and house progress. Pond had to be pumped out and fish removed to finish it! The pond had fish that came in though the field tile. Also, about 5 foot of water from our recent rains. Pond was not ready for this. They also hope to start digging basement in next week or so.

DD#2 was also home, but didn't hardly notice. Between the cottage her and fiance' are redoing and a wedding they needed to attend, she was not home much at all. DD and I need to get together to wedding dress shop. It is about time for her to settle on a dress so she can begin to plan other things about the wedding!!! It is a mere year away, but that goes oh-so-fast.

Holly is recuperating well. She wants to be more active, but vet said no. Mia has finally gotten use to the cone Holly wears and actually played with Holly for a bit over the weekend. Now, Holly wants to play much more!! Glad she is doing so well. I do not like puppies that hurt after surgery; they cannot tell us what is wrong!

Have a good day, all and healing to those in need.
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default Miserable Monday

Good morning! We had a nice little rain last night, very unseasonable, but appreciated. As I type, I am watching the feral kittens playing in the sunshine.

Keith made car rental arrangments for our trip to Minnesota in September. We found an excellent room rate for a hotel, too, so things are coming together.

Have a good day, people!

Judy