Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good morning "mon"

Good morning from Jamaica!

I'm sitting here watching the island of Jamaica pass by. We should be in Ocho Rios in about a half hour. This is the only stop we really have nothing scheduled. I think the "women folk" will be doing some shopping. I may just stay on board. Time will tell.

Yesterday was Grand Cayman and we had a "good" day. The kids saw the stingrays and petted them. My grandson kissed one and now he says that they are married.

The negatie part was that our boat that we chartered broke down and we sat out in the sun, or played in the water, for over an hour until we were able to be towed into port. The adults got a bit burned. I "forgot" to put sun screen on my feet so it's a flip flop day for me.

We celebrated Betty's birthday at dinner last night. I ordered one of their 9" cakes and I will say it was one nice cake. Chocolate cake with whipped cream filling and a beautiful chocolate ganache. The waitstaff in YTD have been exellent and since we usually eat around 6 we have had the same group. There is a magician that comes around and entertains the kids, and us, with some cute magic tricks.

Well: I'm burning minutes so I wish everyone a great Thursday and enjoy yourself. I know I will

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Ah Jamaica. I know some people will beat me over the head, but I like the place. Have a wonderful day no matter what you do there.

I was up late and am up early this morning. Needed the "me" time. Not that much in the way of chores today but do have some paperwork going on. The caregiver will be coming tomorrow. Will have to to just hang out then. Too hot to just go out and do anything though. We'll see.

The pup is doing better when he come in to play in the evenings. He and the six year old (dog) are getting on much, much better. I just wish I had some of his energy. He is such a sweet baby.

Have a good day all.
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and Mike, I must admit I am very jealous of you and the family having such a great time on your cruise. Mostly I am jealous of your sunburn. I wish we had enough sun to even GET a sunburn!
The evasive sun finally came out around late afternoon yesterday and I felt like bowing down and praising the gods! It has rained for 29 straight days.

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday, with presents from my dear hubby,
many wonderful online wishes, and a most fantastic dinner out. We tried a new place (for us) right on Pictou Harbour, it's actually a very British Inn, with a wonderful dining room and excellent food. I was even surprised with a delicious chocolate cake decorated with red roses and my name.
I'm happy to hear Betty enjoyed her birthday dinner and cake too!

Today I am skipping aquafit (just too lazy) but it's work as usual this afternoon. Cruisin' on into the weekend, and hopefully, some better weather!

donna
Old June 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning
What a difference a day makes, temps in the 60's and big storms!

Mike... Sunscreen on the feet I will never forget. I had a bad sunburn one time on my feet and it was the worst. I feel your pain.
Rd... Glad to hear you had a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from HHH NY ,its already 92 degrees here .
Old June 9th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning, "Mon"

Good morning! I can commisurate with you, Donna. We've had no sun in a couple of days. It looks like we might have had a few drops of rain overnight.

It will be a quiet day. My DH is ailing. Sore throat, etc. Will have to keep a close eye on that. At age 82, you can't mess around with stuff.

I'm lookin' at a pile of ironing and some things still in the dryer that need to be folded and put away. Ain't that excitin'?

I, too, envy Mike and his family. Have a good day, people.

Judy

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
First Mate

Wishing I was on a cruise! It was terribly hot here yesterday. Just melted upon opening the door. Today is better, still to get hi 80's with storms. Oh well, I guess we could use just a little bit of rain.

Ran errands yesterday and ate Chinese. Tomorrow, it is out early to drop off dogs at boarders and then to do some shopping on the way to Kalamazoo. We are actually going out of the way, to hit a couple of stores we normally don't get to visit. Then, a graduation and a night with our DD#1 and DSIL. DD#2 will get the dogs and be at the house or at her cottage for the weekend. We should be home sometime Saturday. DH put in a vacation day for Saturday (he could work but not with graduation) and is off Sunday.

Not much else, so good day to all!

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Ah, good memories ....we climbed the falls on our honeymoonon VOTS.

That hibiscus in Naimia's profile pic, reminds me of one I wore in my hair while climbing the falls!

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I know you are all proud of me for getting a post in before noon... Well it isn't posted yet, so we'll see.

Well started the diet yesterday, survived and showed a loss on the scale today, so that's about as good as it gets from my perspective.

I admit, I am enjoying this inhumanely hot weather and have been spending afternoons in the pool. Love it! but it's too hot to do anything else outside I admit!

I too am very jealous of Mike's trip reports, and wish I was out there hanging with Reiker. I think he and I could have a lot of fun .

Well the excitement on the lane, is my neighbor kid (the one I used to scold for playing catch using my living room window as a back stop) has just been drafted by the Texas Rangers. I am so impressed by this young man. I am so excited to see what lies ahead for him. Thrilling stuff! Dennis to live out his dream Sports The Commercial-News, Danville, IL

So that's pretty much the scoop around here. Someone really needs to get off their duff and do some work around here . Have a good one all!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. Supposed to be a pretty nice day here, with temps creeping up to 70.

I've got my car in the shop, and just waiting for a ride to go pick it up, all healthy again.

Have to drive my sister to the airport this afternoon, as she's heading home to Arizona.

Have something odd happening to my left knee, so just trying to rest it so I can golf on the weekend.
Old June 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from another, day in the 90's, in Virginia Beach. They said that this heat wave is supposed to continue! Since the gym was closed again, for a religious holiday, I took a walk, bright and early, this morning before the heat hit. To all my fellow cruisemates, I hope you all get into an exercize routine; not only do you feel better, but it enchances bone strength and mental acuity. Our grandson called while I was at work last night and asked if we could drive to Gaithersburg to see him swim in a meet next weekend. Of course we will; grandparents will do anything for their grandchildren!