Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Your 4th of July plans?

Star & Stripes forever!

So, what is on your agenda for the holidays? Pool party, parades, fireworks, potato salad and hot dogs? Of course everything that weekend is fat free, not to worry:-)

Do you have a special must have dish you make? Wanna share?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Admiral

My sister in-law has a party every year so we will spend the day there. On the 3rd we'll watch the fireworks put on by the country club down the street.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Admiral

We were invited to a July 4th.afternoon barbecue .My favorite food to eat on this day is home made potato salad . Fireworks are illegal in my town ,however ,we can see them at a neighboring town if we so desire .
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We have a tradition every July 4th; I pick a fight with Mrs. Kuki, and get her really RILED UP.

Then just watch the fireworks at home
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Admiral

The 4th of July is the 1st day of my new job, so I am both dreading and looking forward to it.
Our "celebrations" will take place on the 1st of July and we plan to attend the local Canada Day Parade and perhaps some musical entertainment later in the evening.

donna
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Years back, when my bedroom was arranged differently, I could turn my head to the right to the bureau mirror, which reflected a window, and, I could watch the local fireworks.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 30th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Default Your 4th of July Plans?

Back when I was a kid in Minnesota, fire works were a big deal. So was the Cannon Valley Fair: a ride on the ferris wheel, all the 4H projects, and seeing the animals. They still have the fair . . .

Judy
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
First Mate

I have a yearly tradition of going to Epcot for their 4th of July fireworks. I usually book a reservation for a nice dinner somewhere in the park for me and a few friends. Then we spend the evening just wandering around the World Showcase doing some people watching. Last year was the steakhouse in Canada, Le Cellier. This year its the seafood place in the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Coral Reef. That's the restaurant where one wall is a glass wall of the 6,000,000 gallon salt water aquarium. The finale of the fireworks are some of the most percussive fireworks I've ever experienced, and I usually have to wear ear plugs to enjoy them. It has to do with the launch points being in the center of World Showcase Lagoon, and the lower explosion height. They can't launch too high because of fall out. Don't want spent firework casings landing on people's heads. Would be very UnDisneylike. :-p

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old June 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFLA View Post
I have a yearly tradition of going to Epcot for their 4th of July fireworks. I usually book a reservation for a nice dinner somewhere in the park for me and a few friends. Then we spend the evening just wandering around the World Showcase doing some people watching. Last year was the steakhouse in Canada, Le Cellier. This year its the seafood place in the Seas with Nemo and Friends, Coral Reef. That's the restaurant where one wall is a glass wall of the 6,000,000 gallon salt water aquarium. The finale of the fireworks are some of the most percussive fireworks I've ever experienced, and I usually have to wear ear plugs to enjoy them. It has to do with the launch points being in the center of World Showcase Lagoon, and the lower explosion height. They can't launch too high because of fall out. Don't want spent firework casings landing on people's heads. Would be very UnDisneylike. :-p
Can't beat Epcot displays!!
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Admiral

Our older daughter, husband, and kids are coming in for the weekend. We'll go out to dinner on Friday night, watch the grandkids on Saturday night, and have a traditional barbecue on Sunday as the kids are leaving on Sunday night. July 4th, we are going on a picnic with members of Rob's cycling club. Hope all my fellow cruisemate have a healthy and happy July 4th holiday!
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

We actually have no plans for The Fourth this year. We will have the grandkids for two and a half weeks right after The Fourth and have a number of things planned for that time.

However: I do know what I'll be doing on the Fourth of July next year. Wanna join me?

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:23 AM
Admiral

the Essence Festival is in town so we will have about 500,000 visitors..I will avoid town and hang out with my neighbors who will bbq
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Burgers and dogs.
Old July 1st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Spending the weekend moving. On Monday the 4th I have to work.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 1st, 2011, 07:08 PM
Admiral

We are flying to Chicago tomorrow morning. Arlene has never been to Chicago so we thought this would be a good time for me to show her my old hometown. The City has cancelled their fireworks but there will still be the fireworks associated with Taste of Chicago on Monday. Now, I just have to figure out how to fit all my favorite foods into three and a half days.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 1st, 2011, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Usually just stay here across from Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach and watch the fireworks there and then over the beach. Maybe something different this year and go to Lake Marion. And of course there will be Potato Salad.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Independence Day!