Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Default Wet 'n Wild Wednesday!

Morning Mates,
Woke up to weather warnings this morning, wind, rainfall and storm surge warnings. We are experiencing a nasty nor'easter, and frightening storm surges on the Northumberland shore (where I live). Thank goodness I am inland and on a hill!
So far, one school cancellation due to power failure, I will just have to keep checking before I have to leave at 1:30 pm for my school...

Tonight, if it's not cancelled, we are supposed to have a Volunteer Appreciation party at the Quay, including dinner, a pumpkin carving contest, and a presentation of my photo/video that I so proudly finished all by myself.
It took me forever, but I figured it out, how to arrange the photos, make the slide show and add the music, and time it all perfectly.
Mike M. would be so proud of me! (Mike taught me everything I know about computers, and I am finally teaching myself new things!)

donna
Old October 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all. I hope you get to put on your pesentation Donna.

Getting my quiet time. Dad and the teen are still in bed. The teen is home sick with a nasty cold. The animals are all fed and watered. I had some possible good news yesterday about some respite care for dad so that I'll be able to vacation with my brother and sil next spring. I'll have to follow up with it to make sure, but it will be wonderful news indeed if true. I have a cruise booked for late next year and was wondering if I'd get to take it because of lack of respite care. It would be wonderful if I could go! Anyway, hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's going to be another "Summer" day here in the land of 1,000,000 brown lawns. The high is forecast to approach the record high of 88F. The humidity is so low that I doubt I'll have to turn the air conditioner back on.

Donna: I'm happy to see that you put together your own photo/video presentation. Come far you have young Shipwalker.

Moraine: I hope the respite care works out for you. I know how hard being a care giver is and you really need the breaks.

There isn't much on the agenda for today except a few loads of wash.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A nice day is forcast, and as the week goes on, we will get some of Mike's heat...yay!

Well, although, I've been looking for Big Foot, I have not spotted the cutie again... I want a picture!

I spoke to Gaile last night,and she is doing well.xoxox

GMA is having a tribute to 80's music now...I have to go sing along.....Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 5th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........another yuck day..........oh well........60's.......not too bad......

Trip........hope ya get a pic of your creature..........keep up the good thoughts......so far they are working.......

Not much else happening.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old October 5th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations Donna on your video presentation! DeAnna just finished her project of their Asian vacation It took her over a month and a half to finally get it all together. She also takes videos when their Maserati Club (that also includes some Ferrari owners) get together for road trips and put them to music and then posts them on You-Tube.

She set up my old computer in the guest bedroom but being really only familiar with Macs, she couldn't get my wireless to work and couldn't figure it out. I know absolutely nothing about computers but I decided to try. I realized the program for my Wi-Fi which was on this new computer before she reconfigured it to be hooked up directly to the equipment I noticed was still there. Well I thought I'd try to load the now useless "stick" info onto a disc and then reinstall it on the old computer. I couldn't believe it when it worked and I now have Wi-Fi on the old computer as well.

Moiraine, I do so hope and pray you get that break and go on that cruise. Not only do you need it but I know of no one who needs a cruise vacation more than you!

Mike, I'm doing not only laundry but general housecleaning. It's a never ending job when one has to take care of not just the house but four animals as well.

Glad to hear Gaile is alright, Trip. Continue your search for "Bigfoot" and keep you camera handy!

Prayers and Blessings continue.

Todd
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Default Wet 'n Wild Wednesday

Good morning. Wet 'n wild here in SoCal, as well. It's absolutely pouring, but that's not a complaint! Hard to believe it's gonna be in the 80's by Sunday.

Keith is still abed, and chilly as it is, that's not a bad place to be.

I need a hot shower and a cup of coffee.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old October 6th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Admiral

I just got back from a late movie . In fact it was the latest I've gone to a movie (10 PM) since my dating days.