Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Default Friday Morning Sunshine!

Morning Mates, glad to see the sun shining this morning after a thoroughly miserable wet day yesterday! The high will be around 16C, or a decent 60F. Can't complain.

I'm going to another aquafit/arthritis class this morning, because the pool is the only place where my whole body doesn't hurt. I'm hoping that regular, gentle, exercise will get me back to normal, if there ever was a "normal"...

Tonight we have been invited out to dinner with 2 couples who were volunteers at the Ship Hector, and who were involved with our renewal of the vows ceremony. Looking forward to a nice evening with some really nice people, and some happy memories...

Enjoy your Friday everyone, and ease on into the weekend!

donna
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very nice Texas, where the sun is not awake yet, but promises a nice sunny day.

Boy, What a day yesterday was. As I watched the news, I felt bad that so much celebration was going on over a death, but also remembered, that I am here today, because his gooms didn't do a good enough job. I was living in Germany when the night club was bombed in Berlin. Jim left for the airport to come to the states for training, when Reagan bombed Mr. K. A few weeks later I was in the military grocery store when a bomb was found.

Jim will be getting on a plane in the next couple of hours. Sadly, not to come home, but making his way, slowly but surely.

Our Vegas vacation plans are almost done. I read so much about what to do, I became in Vegas overload. None of us have never been, so it should be fun.

Jim has a new assignment already for his return trip. He is going to a place called Devil's Lake ND. I Googled it and had to laugh. This might be a trip he takes alone.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Take care,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I hope it will be a wonderful day for you.
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:52 AM
Admiral

good morning all, its a bright beautiful crisp fall day. Going to see Jeff Dunham tonight with our best friends, can't wait
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
First Mate

A gloomy but currently dry day in NW Ohio. So much rain the last few days that basement had water in it. Ugh. So much for the several grand we put into it after we had a flood in 2007? 2008? Oh, well, at least it was just a few puddles here and there.

DH is bugging me with things he is looking up on his computer. That birthday, fathers' day, anniversary gift was sure a winner on his part. Not so much on mine! DD#2 is due home later in afternoon. She wants to go see her new niece-in-law to be and swing by the cottage - NOT in the same direction, of course.

Have a good weekend to all!
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and shiny crisp autumn day here. nothing to do, but, play with Lucy,and try and sneak in some chores

So, the two diaper cake babies have made their appearance..Mine is, Addison,and the other Marissa. I made a baby bracelet for Marissa, a bit different then the standard block style,and I will do the same for Addison, once her Mom decides if, Addie,or Addy, will be the spelling for her nick name. The one I made has pink and white pearls,and flat intial beads,very cute, if I may say so

So, that's all I have on my dance card. I hope yours is more exciting

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 21st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........another yuck day..........

Trip.....the bracelet sounds cute.......love to see it.......

Luanne........sounds like a fun place to visit........

Not much happening....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Sharon, some glare, but...

Old October 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good (late) morning to everyone.

I've been up since 05:00 but I've been online answering questions on the boards and doing some office work and decorating.

Betty had to work all night last night to cover someone else's shift. I think she's trying to pay for all three of our upcoming cruises by working all the OT she can by 12/31. She has five more 16 hour shifts scheduled for November and December.

Today's agenda consists of some more "decorating" and cleaning up A LOT of old computer equipment. Today it's attacking the boxes of cables, switches and connectors. There isn't too much of a need for old parallel printer cables these days. There is a guy that my son knows who will buy this stuff. I'm not going to make much money on the stuff but at least it will be something.

Luanne: Devil's Lake, North Dakota. It has some of the best walleye fishing in the country!!! Other than that; You and Jim have my condolences.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 21st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Default Friday Morning Sunshine

Good morning! Sujpposedly, this is the last of the marine layer mornings. The weekend should be spectacular.

And speaking of walleye, I had a delicious walleye sandwich at the airport in Mpls/St. Paul. and a walleye sauteed and sprinkled with parmasean for dinner at Doolittles in Eagan, MN.

Not much on my agenda today. Keith is looking for a new gym closer to home. I finished a book last night that was absolutely awful, in my never-to-be-humble opinion. If I buy it, I read it.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Trip.............you are soooooo talented!!!!!

Sharon
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:07 PM
Admiral

.............xo!.....

Old October 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates (though it's almost afternoon here)...

Went to bring in the newspaper this morning, and found thick fog, and our first deep frost of the season

Today's the day I voluntarily submit to someone stabbing me with a sharp object (my flu shot). Then a visit with my mother to check up on her. Amongst all her other problems she got shots in her eyes yesterday for her macular degeneration, and the 24hrs afterwards are very painful.

Then, if there's no lineup at the barbershop, it'll be time to cut my ever thinning hair.

Not the most exciting day once can experience
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 21st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Good evening from chilly NY