CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   All I want for Christmas (Hanukah)is : (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/386218-all-i-want-christmas-hanukah.html)

Lakers Fan November 26th, 2011 10:54 PM

All I want for Christmas (Hanukah)is :

If by chance Santa or whomever brings your gifts happens to glance at this thread what would you loke to receive this holiday season ?

rollerdonna November 27th, 2011 07:25 AM

I would like to see docs for the CM cruise in March where I can be part of the "Ray & Todd Show"! If Santa can't deliver, anyone else want to take me? ;)

donna

anniegb November 27th, 2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1403026)
If by chance Santa or whomever brings your gifts happens to glance at this thread what would you loke to receive this holiday season ?

For me nothing. I have no need for more material items - I am content with what I have.

For those who have family members serving abroad in armed forces, a visit from their loved ones.

For those who are ill, restoration to good health.

I could go on and on but you get my drift.

Annie

green_rd November 27th, 2011 08:07 AM

I'll agree with both Roller Donna and Annie B. I don't need any more stuff.

However, there are plenty of cruises to take :) as well as books to read.

johnthed0g November 27th, 2011 08:38 AM

Me? selfishly I would like enough spare time & enough money to travel when & where we want in the rapidly declining amount of time we have left.

Moiraine November 27th, 2011 10:43 AM

Well, since peace on earth probably won't happen...books and cruises.

Hmm, do you notice a theme here?

ToddDH November 27th, 2011 08:07 PM

As for yours truly, after a year I've started to return to reading. I have about eight or nine books in line which will keep me going awhile. Before Fran died that wouldn't have lasted me two and a half weeks...Plus I always read my Reminisce, Reminisce Extra, Good Old Days and Looking Back. I love nostalgia but the depressing thing is, now I actually remember many of the subjects being addressed in these periodicals!

Therefore, I've asked Santa for some good history books, especially about WWII! Of course a free cruise or two on one of the "All inclusive" ships would be nice for all of you millionaires out there!

Lakers Fan November 27th, 2011 09:33 PM

If she or he who gives me presents is reading I would like a portable DVD player .

I previously received 2 front teeth .

Manuel November 28th, 2011 01:54 AM

My DW and I are very happy in our new home in Palm Coast, Florida. At this point all I would ask for is for good health and world peace.

TM

Lakers Fan November 29th, 2011 12:31 AM

World peace is a goal all of us should have .

ToddDH November 29th, 2011 01:17 AM

While I think World Peace would be absolutely wonderful, it just won't happen.

As Thomas Jefferson once remarked (and if memory serves, is pretty much correct), "Those who beat their guns into plowshares, will end up plowing for those who didn't."

Sad, but oh so very true.

Cruznut2 November 29th, 2011 03:41 AM

I don't expect to get any gifts since I am alone. I guess I will say I would love to have my health restored to what it used to be.
I too would love the delivery of documents for the "Ray and Todd Show"
I would also love to see every child in this world recieve a gift for Christmas. So many get nothing.

Laura

Manuel November 29th, 2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1403321)
While I think World Peace would be absolutely wonderful, it just won't happen.

It's still something that I hope and pray for.

TM

anniegb November 29th, 2011 09:16 AM

Laura

I do hope you get your wishes.

Take care

Annie

anniegb November 29th, 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1403341)
It's still something that I hope and pray for.

TM

Manuel

I so do agree with you - it is something the world should be working towards.

Annie

skymaster November 29th, 2011 10:12 AM

I agree with most of the wishes above, but the thing that I think "Santa" will probably find for me is a new "Frank Sinatra Fedora". The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) already has her main gift. She wanted a new phone (Blackberry) so she's in the process of learning about all the things she can do with that gizmo. The only thing I want from my phone, is to be able to make a call! ;)
World Peace would indeed be wonderful,,,but,,,,,there seem to be far too many people in this world who aren't interested in that, and haven't been for centuries. :mad:

"SKY"

Lakers Fan November 29th, 2011 08:24 PM

I predict that World Peace will be achieved in the year 2525 .

ToddDH November 30th, 2011 12:13 AM

If you are correct Henry, I guess the Human race will no longer be existant on this Earth.

It would be so very nice, however, if we could all live in peace and harmony on this Earth.

Wouldn't it be something if suddenly God's voice boomed out to every creature on this earth, "Okay, experiment's over! Henceforth, everyone will now live in such a manner that all bigotry, religious strife, cruelty, nastiness, wars and all unpleasantness ceases as of this moment! Now it's "Good Works" time for all!"

That'd get everyone's attention really quickly, now wouldn't it?!

orexmedia November 30th, 2011 12:52 AM

It would be nice, but if we could all live in peace and harmony in the world

Cruznut2 November 30th, 2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1403358)
Laura

I do hope you get your wishes.

Take care

Annie

Thanks Annie, It sure would be nice if all the children in this world got a toy for Christmas. My health I can work on and perhaps it can happen. As for the "Ray and Todd Show. Not happening unless I win the lottery :D

Laura

Lakers Fan November 30th, 2011 02:13 PM

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1403486)
If you are correct Henry, I guess the Human race will no longer be existant on this Earth.

It would be so very nice, however, if we could all live in peace and harmony on this Earth.

Wouldn't it be something if suddenly God's voice boomed out to every creature on this earth, "Okay, experiment's over! Henceforth, everyone will now live in such a manner that all bigotry, religious strife, cruelty, nastiness, wars and all unpleasantness ceases as of this moment! Now it's "Good Works" time for all!"

That'd get everyone's attention really quickly, now wouldn't it?!

Yes ,but what would the Athiests do ?

balabusta November 30th, 2011 10:38 PM

The holidays are a "time of giving". It would be nice if more people "gave of themselves" to help those that are "in need" Too many people are by themselves at this time of year with no family, friends, or places to go. It would be great if we could all "reach out" to someone, even if it is in one small way. We are lucky ones that can afford to cruise. Most people can't afford this wonderful luxury!

ToddDH November 30th, 2011 10:46 PM

Henry,

The Athiests would be left to their own devices. After all, Faith is Faith. If you have no Faith then that's fine. One follows one's belief, right?