Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Default Solstice class

Just thought I would say...watching a TV programme here about Celebrity, basically a big 30 minute advert really, but it certainly brought back good memories of our =X= experience....but being a pedant they did give out some wrong info, like saying Concierge class was above Aqua class & didn't even mention "Blu". I want to go again but my wife is unlikely to fly long haul again & we have dog sitting problems...oh well....as I said just thought I would say...
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Admiral

John,

Do what I do. Adopt a "daughter" and have her come in and care for the dogs. I'ts better than putting them in a kennel. And then got for it! I understand the Soltice class is excellent but then again, that's kinda' beyond my budget.

Then again, if you've literally dropped dead twice in four days, one has a tendency not to be as concerned about budgets!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Admiral

I have sailed twice on a Solstice-class ship and I loved both cruises.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Never found a kennel yet that could care for long coated dogs, + one is quite old.
We have a couple of cruises in the pipeline for 2012, Cunard is celebrating the Queen's Jubilee by having all three "Queens" in Southampton at once so we are booked on QM2, then the next month P&O are celebrating 175 years of sailing, so they have all seven of their ships in together & are sailing out in convoy to meet out in the Solent for fireworks & horn blowing before all going separate ways, we are on Azura for that.
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Admiral

I'd like to comment on both issues...Solstice Class and dog sitting. We are booked on a Sostice class ship (Equinox) over Christmas and New Years, and really looking forward to the experience.
More so, now that we have found a young girl who will come live in our house and look after our very spoiled dog and cat.
We used to hate leaving them in a kennel and they were usually dirty, sick and not very happy when they came home. I asked everybody I knew over the past 2 years, and finally hit upon a veterinary assistant willing to do the job.
Now we can sail without worry, and I'll let you know how the solstice class was!

donna
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Absolutely agree on the "Kennel Experience", ours go IN completely groomed & spotless, when they come OUT I expect them to be the same...well...wouldn't you? There is nothing not to like about Celebrity or solstice class, some UK passengers do not like the level of tips or the 15% on the drinks, P&O for instance let you bring booze on the ship & buy say a litre bottle of Bacardi for about 12, also there are usually free shuttle buses into towns. But I think the level of service & "can do" attitude of staff that are easy with the English language, the comfort of the ships, the entertainment & general atmosphere more than make up for it.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Our only regret on booking Celebrity Eclipse was that we only had a 4-day break on her. We keep looking at the Soltice class ships now hoping for that once-in-a-lifetime deal, but haven't seen on yet :o(

btw John, we'll wave to you from the deck of Oriana on the 175th sailaway. Should be quite a sight. Now sure where we'll all get checked in though, guess we'd both be happy if we had to use the Hampshire Cricket ground

Alan (& Katrina)

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Our only regret on booking Celebrity Eclipse was that we only had a 4-day break on her. We keep looking at the Soltice class ships now hoping for that once-in-a-lifetime deal, but haven't seen on yet :o(

btw John, we'll wave to you from the deck of Oriana on the 175th sailaway. Should be quite a sight. Now sure where we'll all get checked in though, guess we'd both be happy if we had to use the Hampshire Cricket ground

Alan (& Katrina)
Same here with Eclipse, stunning ship.
I wonder where we will check in? Lots of rumours. Most are still moaning about having tips charged to the account
Old November 28th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Admiral

"Most are still moaning about having tips charged to the account"

Hey we're British, moaning is what we are good at

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old November 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
Just thought I would say...watching a TV programme here about Celebrity, basically a big 30 minute advert really, but it certainly brought back good memories of our =X= experience....but being a pedant they did give out some wrong info, like saying Concierge class was above Aqua class & didn't even mention "Blu". I want to go again but my wife is unlikely to fly long haul again & we have dog sitting problems...oh well....as I said just thought I would say...
Wouldnt it be nice if you could bring your dogs with you?
Old November 28th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden1 View Post
Wouldnt it be nice if you could bring your dogs with you?
I think my wife would have them but it would be so impractical, maybe in theory but the feeding, grooming, bathroom things, heat, vaccinations would be a nightmare. Nice thought though!