Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good morning everyone:

I know that everyone is still reeling from the news of the Concordia. It is definitely the worst cruise ship disaster of my lifetime and my heart goes out to the families of the casualties and to all the passengers and crew.

Betty has to work today and the grandkids will be with grandpa for part of the day. My daughter has to do some "real" vet work and my SIL is out of town so grandpa is the caregiver to the children. I've put Cheerios into a bowl on the floor and the water dish is full so they should be OK for a few hours.

The leg is definitely getting better. I'm moving around much better and I even blew 1/2" of snow off the driveway on Saturday. Snowblowers are just like walkers. However I was injured. Not when I blew the snow but when Betty found out. The woman has mean right hook.

I hope everyone enjoys the day and if it's a holiday for you then I hope you enjoy it even more.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mike and others to follow

Mike you take care of yourself and don't overwork yourself.

Today is a Hoilday, but since I am retired, I never get a Holiday.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mike and all who follow.

Looks as if most of the week will be seasonably cool here in upper East Tennessee with highs ranging from the lower forties to lower fifties but the nights will be rather cold with lows often into the lower twenties.

BTW, today's cruiseships are specifically designed if they take on water, to remain on an even keel. The only reason the Concordia didn't is because she rode up on the rocks. I only throw this in simply because I've been asked this question about fifty times.

Just some housework today and then a visit to my sister in the hospital. Suffice it to say, we've had our differences as she's had with viturally all family for decades (think entitlement mentality to beyond the extreme), but she is very sick, will not survive very long I fear and it's time for compassion and support. I talked with her last night and she inferred she wants to make peace before she goes. One can't refuse such an offer, family or otherwise.

Hope everyone has a good Back to Work Day unless you're out on Holiday and then I join Mike in saying, "Enjoy your day."

Prayers for those on the list and requests for Blessings upon all.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old January 16th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Mike, always good to know that the "Hard Liquour and Handguns Daycare" is still in operation!
Glad you knee is doing better. My elbow is improving slowly too. I am soaking it twice a day in Epsom salts and wrapping in a tensor bandage, it really helps.

It is snowing again here today, and -11C, so hopefully I can take the monsters out sledding this afternoon. Friday the schoolyard was a swamp, but I'm hoping there's enough snow now to sled!

I have some news...maybe it's the cold and the snow and a touch of cabin fever, but my dear hubby has booked us another cruise!
We couldn't pass up the chance to see our favourite performer Bert Stratton again, on his "Entertainer of the Year" cruise on Ruby Princess in April. He is one of 4 finalists in this contest, and the winner will be decided by audience reaction during this cruise.
We'll be there to cheer him on!

donna
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates!

Mike glad to hear the leg is healing.

Todd so sorry to hear about your Sister, I believe I got to meet her at Fran's visitation. It is painful, but so good to be able to say our goodbyes and get our final business in order with our loved ones... even when circumstances are less than rosy and ideal. I am glad you're going.

Mike you're right about the Concordia catastrophe. I cannot pull myself away from it. The news reports today are pointing to Captain, saying he deviated from the path intentionally to do a "tourist maneuver" passing the Island to sound the horn... evidently such maneuvers had been done previously (but never this closely) the mayor of the island had even sent a thank you note to Costa showing his appreciation for Costa'a effort to entertain the tourists on the island.

I guess it garners my attention because I will be on a ship nearly identical to her in a few short days, and because I sailed on her a few short years right after she suffered a huge gash with much less dire consequences. We sailed past the site where this happened (fortunately a bit more out to sea) but it does make one realize how one person's arrogance, ignorance or perhaps an error in judgement can forever change the landscape of ones life... it really is so sad.

We will continue to pray for those involved.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 16th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a dull Texas. It is warmer in here, so it must not have gotten to cold outside last night. (We don't turn on the heat at night)

I am sore this morning. I started my workouts again yesterday, and my body is screaming, Why, Why,Why!!!

A new excercise I learned involves Jim. I told him to stand with his legs apart, and I would lay under him. I lift my legs, and he throws them back to the floor. I am huffin, and puffin, and he has this stupid grin on his face. You men.....

Not much planned for today, except for the usual. Josh has to go into work at 11:00, so Jim will probably want me to workout soon after....

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......baby it's cold outside........about 30 right now.......with about a inch of snow..........boy has that put a hamper on the city........

Mike.........glad to hear you're doing better........ya gotta make sure Betty doesn't see ya doing things.......I've got a mean left hook myself.........

Luanne..............know that exercise.....I use to do them & got the same reaction from Larry.............

It's Monday...........sooooooo...........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Morning mates. Like Luanne, it's dull here. Looks like it's going to rain. Having my quiet time right now. I'm going to have to send someone to the store later because we are just about out of everything.

Donna, congrats. I hope you gave James a big hug for booking the cruise.

Todd, I am sorry about your sister. It is good that you can say goodbye.

TM, enjoy your day.
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning friends! Cool morning for central Florida but warming nicely to the mid 70's later. I enjoy going walking every morning when it is this nice out. I remember well those cold morning and temps on the minus side. Brrrrrr. I think I will stay right here in Lakeland, Florida.
Todd, I am so sorry to hear aboutyour sister. Prayers and good thoughts on the way.
Dona, so nice that you and James are going cruising again. I hope you have a great time.
Luanne, that is funny! I think Jim's and Larry's reaction is a "guy thing"
The Costa incident weighs heavily on my mind. Prayers going out to everyone involved.
Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Todd, So sorry about your sister. Love you
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good morning. The sun comes out reluctantly, but for all the stormy looks, we had no rain.

Mike and Donna, I'm glad you're doing better.

It's a lazy Monday here. Keith is sleeping in and think I'll have my first cup of coffee.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Todd:Sorry about your sister .
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Captain

Smile

Well we have snow on the Oregon coast about 3 to 4 inches. Now the whole town will shut down. Doesnt happen that often but its here! Everyone have a nice day and take care.