Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Superbowl Sunday

Good morning everyone!

I hope that you all have a fantastic day.

And I send get well wishes for our sick friends.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning!! Going to be another lovely warm day here in Lakeland. Sunny and 80' sounds good to me. I may decide to get to the pool for a swim later today. No big plans for a superbowl party since I am the only one here. I will have the game on. To be honest I have no idea what is going on on the field. I just know the Patriots and the Giants are playing. I am rooting for the Patriots. Everyone have a Super Fantastic Super Bowl Sunday.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Morning Manuel & Laura and all to follow...
It is a Frigid February here in Pictou County, the temp this morning is at -12C with a windchill of -22, or -7F. It is also snowing again, but it's been snowing for 3 days with very little accumulation, it just sort of blows around in the air!
I think my plan to go snowshoeing today will be put on hold till it warms up a bit...
Otherwise, will catch up on the housework, planning for work, and cooking a nice supper.
There will be no Super Bowl in this house!

donna
Old February 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!
Happy thought going out to Todd{{{hugs}}}

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Captain

The sun is up and bright today following a night of rain showers. It is too wet for D/H to play golf so I figure it will be a day of watching golf on TV for him. Me, I am taking my Mom out this afternoon for lunch and a drive. Thought maybe just getting her out of the house might make her feel better. She is doing much better than we expected.
Todd, hope you are feeling much better and lighter today. Take care and try to enjoy your little mini vacation at hotel d'hospital!

Everyone have a good day and hope your team wins that football game that is happening today. I'm not a football fan so it doesn't matter to me who wins.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny and heading to the mid 70s in Scottsdale.

The city is full of snowbirds, and folks in town for the Pheonix Open Golf Tournament. They had record crowds yesterday -173,000 people... which is why I wasn't there. It's like sailing on Oasis

Today is the 7th and final day of my golf marathon. It's been a fun week seeing lots of friends, but this old body is about to give in. After this, look forward to a couple of days of pure relaxing.

This afternoon we'll be watching the SuperBowl, and hoping for the best commercials to win.

Have different friends coming to town in the coming week, so we start all over again
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Lawton Ok, where it is cold, and a little sunshine.

Jim is off work today so we are going to do a little sighseeing today. I have neer seen a real Buffalo, so we are going to see them. We also heard about a resturant that the locals go to that is in the middle of the mountains, and hard to find, but the food is suppose to be out of this world.

Yesterday, We went to Ok City to see the bombing memorial. It is a trip I wish I had not made. It was all I could dream about last night. The memorial outside was very tastefully done, but the inside part was terrible. I made it through about half way, and then couldn't get out fast enough. Poor Jim was trying to keep up. I think maybe if I didn't know what it was like for the families of the murdered, it would not have effected me so much, but all those babies. As I sat in the parking lot crying, all I could say is why?

But, It did save us money in the long run. I couldn't wait for the 911 memorial to be completed, so we could see it, and now I know I want nothing to do with it.

The rest of the trip was sort of a bust. We went through the wind farms, to get up close to them, and we drove through the mountains, but I just wasn't in the mood.

We do celebrate Super Bowl wherever we are. I wait for it every year, but the thing is, Jim is generally not with me, when we watch. He goes to parties, and I stay home to watch. I get so into the game, I don't want a lot of talk and laughing.

Todd, I love you and hope you are feeling better today. I will try to call this afternoon.

Mike, I hope you are doing okay.

Love to you all....

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. I was tortured awake before dawn by my feline fools wanting breakfast and running water. Yes, you read that right, running water. I always have a bowl of fresh water out for them but only the dog and one short fat cat uses it. The cat that torments me the most in the mornings is almost always wanting me to get to the bathroom to turn the water on for her. So, I got up and got the water running, fed them, and took my first round of meds and went back to bed. After sleeping for a while I was tormented a second time. It seems I did not put down enough food.

Todd, I hope you got some sleep last night.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone!!!

It's going to be another unseasonably mild day here with temps around 40. I'm happy.

Yesterday, turned into a cleaning day. Actually Betty did most of the cleaning but my part was instructing her on how to take the dryer apart to clean inside. I hadn't done it in two or three years and we figured that there would be a large amount of fond memories of Kramer (hair) nested around the drum. We were pleasantly surprised when we pulled the skins off and there was just a slight amount of lint inside. A quick vacuuming and it was clean as a whistle. Then Betty decided to clean and shine all the kitchen cupboards. She shined them up with some "Orange Oil" stuff and the whole house stinks. I'll give it a day or so but I hate the smell.

I did imbibe in my gluten. We had spaghetti for supper and around a half hour to an hour after we ate I felt miserable. I didn't get sick but it was the same "icky" feeling I'd had for months. I have to have wheat again today but I think it will just be a slice of toast.

Glad to hear there is less Todd today than yesterday. I hope he is cut loose today or tomorrow.

I hope all have a great Sunday and enjoy the Superbowl.

Kuki: Remember: Golf, it's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it."

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a gray and raw Sunday morning here in upper East Tennessee. I've had my shower and the bed's been changed (I always change my own bed because I don't want these girls to have to wait on me) but when I came out of the bathroom, there she stood with the bed all changed and the proverbial cheshire grin on her face. They really are extra special to me and I can't fathom why but I assure you I'm basking in the glow.

Came back from an echocardiogram yesterday to find Jennifer, Jeffrey and Katie in the room. Jeff was in surgery (as usual). It'll probably be tomorrow before I see him, possibly this afternoon. Of course I got my enormous double chocolate chip cookie and if you're on a bland, no sugar diet, such things are a life saver (okay, so we all cheat every now and again, right?). One thing about this hospital is that the food really isn't bad at all, matter of fact many selections are very good. Although hospital food is looking up, it's still rather rare to have a culinary experience similar to this one.

Was hoping someone would sneak in a 1/2 case of Sam Adams Spring lager for the game tonight but it looks as if that ain't gonna' happen.

Prayer of course go out to all of our beloved Cruisemates needing a little extra assistance accompanied by Blessings on everyone.

Of course my real sport (along with Sue's and a couple of others) starts cranking up later this month. Then it'll be bumper to bumper and door handle to door handle at around 200 mph! 'Bout time for that major rumble from the southeast!

I've lost about 11 pounds thus far but my left leg is still greatly swollen and I can't figure that out. Ah well, it'll all work out in the wash. Thanks again to each of you for your support and your prayers.

Love to All!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cool but no rain........I'll take it.......

Mike........glad you didn't find TOO much in the dryer......I think orange would smell good......but then..........

Todd............good to hear that things are working for ya.........

Off to the grocery store in a bit.......

No Superbowl plans here.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old February 5th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS80 View Post

Mike........glad you didn't find TOO much in the dryer......I think orange would smell good......but then..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Sharon,

The initial smell is nice but after a while it gets too much. I am sensitive to smells and certain ones make me ill. I'm about ready to get out the Murphy's and take it all off. Not a product I would recommend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Admiral

It's about 1:20pm and Jeff and Julie (his PA) just left. He's going to get me out tomorrow if at all possible because my sister's memorial service is Tuesday.

Overall I'm feeling better because they've got off so much fluid but it's temporary and of course it will start building back up. They're now shoving Potassium down me via both horse pills and IV.

Nevertheless i'll take advantage of any "good" time I can get. My EF rate is still in the pits (which we both figured it was anyway) at around 25. I just told him, "Hey buddy, it is what it is and we have at it while we're here" and he gave me a big grin while Julie looked at me quizzically. Of course he knows me far better than does she and we both chuckled. I don't think Julie, Bless her, understands my "gallows" sense of humor. Jeff does.

Well, back to my book UNBROKEN. A really great read as Lauren Hillenbrand writes like a man and that's important when you're telling a factual story involving combat.

Yet again thanks for you prayers, good wishes and phone calls.

Love to all!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Glad to hear that you're going to get out of there tomorrow if possible.
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Admiral

Default Happy Super Bowl Sunday

A late good morning to all.

Todd, it's good to hear that you're going home. I hope that the first thing on your at-home agenda will be to find a house keeper.

Later, Keith and I plan to use a coupon for Mimi's. One free lunch.

No Super Bowl plans here, either.

Judy
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Mates from the home of Super Bowl XLVI - it is clear and sunny, a little cool but not bad for February.

Everybody enjoy your day.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old February 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Bob, your beautiful city is a great place to have the Superbowl.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM
First Mate

Todd, TG you have a good doctor and PA. Good thing the food isn't bad either! Hope you enjoy the Superbowl in spite of the lack of a good beer...

We have had flash flooding here in south Texas. I did not check the weather before heading out last night to drive into town for groceries...I ended up driving through some deep water and stalled momentarily. Had to take the "scenic route" home in order to avoid flood waters. On the upside, I did find my diet peach Snapple tea!!

Have a great Superbowl day everyone!!
Old February 5th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Admiral

I worked from 12-6 today; it was an early starting shift because of the Superbowl. It was nice to get home early this evening! Todd, glad to hear that you are in good spirits. Just know that all of your "cruisemate friends" are wishing you a speedy recovery. Rob is watching the Superbowl while I am having more fun on the computer! Enjoy the Superbowl and may the best team, whoever that is, win!
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Default Indianapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Good Afternoon Mates from the home of Super Bowl XLVI - it is clear and sunny, a little cool but not bad for February.

Everybody enjoy your day.

I had a friend in NY who moved to Fla and her husband was transferred to Indianapolis .When I last heard from her in 2004 she was having problems adjusting .I hope she loves the area now.