Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Default Still Asleep, but I think it's Wednesday!

Morning Mates, I'm up at the crack of dawn (literally - I can see it!) as I have a car appointment this morning, just a regular check.
Once I drop it off, hubby and I are going out for breakfast, then I have an hour of skating to work off that breakfast!

It's gonna be a chilly one today, -10C with windchill of -18, or 0F. I know the kids will want to go out sledding anyway, so I will probably be out there too...

Todd, I hope you got home and to your sister's funeral yesterday...
Ray, hope you are feeling better too...
Mike, how's the knee?
Luanne, hope you're better today too, you have sighseeing to do!
Have a good one all!

donna
Old February 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not too cold here this early morning.

Off to PT and then the orthopedist and I am praying he will let me discard this sling and drive again. I haven't driven since the middle of Nov., hope I remember how.

Hope Todd, Ray and Luanne are feeling better today

Brenda
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. My eyes are open but my brain is still asleep. I've not checked the temp but I'm cold. I have quite a bit to do today but don't have to start right this moment.

I hope Todd, Ray, Mike, and Luanne are doing better. Brenda, I hope your doctor says you can get rid of the sling.

Have a wonderful day all.
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from a beautiful moonlit Minnesota.

Dawn is breaking in the east and the light glow is showing in the clear sky. In the west the full Moon is shining like a small sun on the Winter landscape. In other words "It looks darn pretty out there".

It's a cool 10F outside but it should be a nice clear day. A lot going on here. I have my first PT appointment since re-injuring my knee. We'll see how that goes. I'm not in as good of shape as I was when I had my "first" PT appointment after surgery but I am doing better. Brenda, I hope your PT session goes well and congrats on being back behind the wheel.

It is also new flooring day here. The floor guys will be here sometime this morning to put the new floor in the kitchen. Betty got most of the appliances unhooked last night...........................I'm glad I just wrote that. It's now 30 minutes later.....I remembered we didn't shut off the water feed to the refrigerator. It's now done and water line is off the fridge.

The endoscopy went just fine yesterday. They listened and didn't "gork" me out so I got to watch the screen as they checked out my innards. I love seeing that stuff especially when you know it's your insides on the screen. They took the biopsy but otherwise the rest looked fine. The biopsy was, of course, positive for Celiac's and there is some damage but nothing that should cause any major problems. Now, I am back on my gluten free diet and happy. I'm still amazed at how something I've eaten all my life was making me feel so darn crappy and causing a lot of problems.

OK: I'm off to make coffee and a final check of the kitchen to make sure we're ready to get the floor. They should be done sometime tomorrow so I won't have a kitchen tonight. So my nephew is coming over tonight and we'll go out for dinner.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday and wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike (who just noticed this post took 45 minutes to write)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Captain

What a difference a day makes around here... it is snowing this morning. Not sticking on the roads but the grass and my deck have a light covering. Guess it is Feb. and D/H won't be playing golf today.
I have a sick 8 yr old asleep on my couch right now. After a trip to the Dr. yesterday she was told she has strep throat! Hoping the meds he gave her witll kick in and knock this thing down before she passes it around to the rest of the family. My day today will be just making sure she is comfortable and has plenty of fluids since she is not eating much at all. From what we are hearing this ailment along with the stomach flu is hitting her school pretty hard and it didn't make the evening news like the cruise lines virus did.
Todd, hope you are much better today.
Ray, don't know what happened to you but prayers for a quick recovery.
LuAnne, hope you too are feeling better today.
Mike, take care of that knee and hope the report is good.

Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning all !

ALLURE, 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sweet Escape BVI Charter 2015
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A cloudy day in Scottsdale, AZ. , but temps still heading to mid 70s.

Picked up some friends from home at the airport last night, and they tell us temps were almost in the 50s there... a VERY unsual winter in Western Canada.

Spent yesterday on household chores, and a bit of grocery shopping, while Mrs. Kuki went and had her root canal finished.

Since I rested my body for two days, it's back to the golf course today. Then having company in for dinner.
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........weather seems to be holding here......very unusual........

Mike......good that you remember things....the waterline to the fridge........before it's too late........sometimes ya gotta do stuff when ya think of it or you totally forget.......

Mike....glad you're feeling better........just hope that you can figure out what NOT to eat on the cruise........

Kuki..........have fun golfing now that you've rested your weary bones.....

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Sunny Florida.

I send get well wishes to all the Cruisemates who are ill.

We are doing fine and just having another routine day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:32 AM
First Mate

As I settle in at my desk for my work day, I realize that for many of you it may be Wednesday ... but for me, TGIF. With my days off always being Thursday Friday, it's always a little different in my world. But it's a beautiful day here in Central Florida. Hope the weather carries over into my "weekend" since I have theme park plans.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Still Asleep, But I Think It's Wednesday

It is, indeed, Wednesday, and good morning to all.

Our rain turned out to be about five drops.

I hope all who are ailing are feeling better.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Jusy, you had such a downpour!
Old February 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Familiar Face

Good almost afternoon. Having lunch right now - left over roast beef sandwich! YUM!

Kansas made it through the dusting of snow yesterday and today should be colder but still above normal.

Hope all is well with everyone.

JD
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Good afternoon from a chilly south Texas..

Good to see you JD!

Mike, I'm glad they figured out what was "eating ya."

Donna, I'm so jealous..Wish I could go skating but stuck home for the past month with one ailment or another. Just came down with an upper respiratory infection going around locally. Just got over 2 rounds of stomach flu before that. Skate extra for me and by all means..do a TWIRL!!

Brenda, I know what you means by not driving much for awhile. I hope your car battery is up to snuff.

Kuki, I'd say you got the better end of the deal..I'd much rather do ANY house chore than get a root canal..

Not much planned for today except waiting for the pharmacy to deliver meds, rest and drinking lots of fluids.

Cheers!
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Good evening all!

Must have been far more tired than I realized. I awoke this morning at 8:00 when my niece called after a full 8 hours sleep on my part. Thought I'd be refreshed but instead felt as if I couldn't keep my eyes open. I then fell back to sleep and didn't move until 2:30 this afternoon!!!

So much for my plans to start tackling the job of trying to do the house. I'm devastated!

Seriously, it's back to the grindstone tomorrow after I have some blood work done.

It goes without saying that prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old February 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Good evening all!

Must have been far more tired than I realized. I awoke this morning at 8:00 when my niece called after a full 8 hours sleep on my part.
Quote:
Thought I'd be refreshed but instead felt as if I couldn't keep my eyes open. I then fell back to sleep and didn't move until 2:30 this afternoon!!!
So much for my plans to start tackling the job of trying to do the house. I'm devastated!

Seriously, it's back to the grindstone tomorrow after I have some blood work done.

It goes without saying that prayers for those on the list and a request for Blessings upon all continue!
Getting up tp go pee 76 times really wore you out.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Todd, PLEASE hire someone to do your housework or at least the majority of it.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Todd, do you qualify for an aide to come help you a few hours a week? If so, please take the help. If not, hire someone to do the difficult stuff. You can do the laundry and easy stuff, but you don't need to try to mop and vacuum and a few other things. You told me you were going to take better care of yourself. Please, please, please do that. xoxoxoxoxo
Old February 8th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Default Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Good evening all!

Must have been far more tired than I realized. I awoke this morning at 8:00 when my niece called after a full 8 hours sleep on my part. Thought I'd be refreshed but instead felt as if I couldn't keep my eyes open. I then fell back to sleep and didn't move until 2:30 this afternoon!!!

It was great talking with you today .I enjoyed the conversation as I always do when we converse .