Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday, Heading for the Weekend!

Morning Mates, it's Thursday and I've only got 2 more days till the weekend...Actually, it hasn't been such a bad week, I've had the kids outdoors sledding most of the afternoon all week, and aside from the bickering and shoving on the hill, no major blow ups have occured...

Aquafitness is on my agenda for today, then work, then a staff meeting tonight. Dinner at Tim's (Hortons) our equivalent of Dunkin Donuts. They have a healthy grilled chicken wrap, I will NOT be eating donuts for dinner!

For those of you who are ailing, I'm hoping you are feeling better each day...
Take care,

donna
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the Great Brown North. :o

It is still snow-less around here but I'm not complaining. I'm happy.

I'm also happy because I think today is a good day in my recovery. I went back to PT yesterday and had a different therapist. We didn't do any exercises but she was concerned over the amount of swelling in my knee and thigh. She massaged my LT band and thigh for about ten minutes and then put an elastic "thing" on my thigh and knee. It's hard to describe but it looks like an octopus. It sticks to my thigh with bands going down to my knee. It is supposed to reduce the swelling.

Guess what? It's working. I woke up this morning and the swelling is about half of what it was yesterday plus the pain is far less and I am much more flexible. When I stood up out of bed (without my brace) I had to say out loud "WTH"! My knee didn't buckle and I was able to take actual steps with it and not little stutter steps. I didn't push it and put the brace on. I had to readjust the straps on the brace because the leg is smaller. Oooooooh!!! I'm so excited. :o I "flopped out" yesterday afternoon and slept for thirteen hours so, that also, may have helped the swelling.

The kitchen floor went in with no problem and it looks good. The only problem is that I will have to redo the lighting. The floor is a darker color than the previous one and the kitchen seems "darker" and I like a bright kitchen.

We have a breakfast meeting with our insurance guy this morning in preparation of Betty's upcoming retirement. Otherwise nothing much more on the agenda.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and that all have a wonderful upcoming weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 9th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Cool here and heading for cold by the weekend.

I got rid of the sling yesterday (just have to wear it when I feel like the arm is going to fall off).

I can drive as soon as I can grip the wheel and turn it, maybe be a few days, doc said I would need to practice. I don't really want to go anywhere today but it is nice knowing I can if I have to.

Six more weeks of PT and then see him again. All in all it was a good day.

Hope everyone else is getting better.

Brenda
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Not much going on here. It's cool and cloudy here. Going to be another day of chores and paperwork/calls. I think I should have everything done early and hope to start a book.

Mike, congrats on the leg.

Brenda, I'm glad you'll get to drive!

Have a wonderful day all.
Old February 9th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
It was a late night. D/H and I met some fellow cast members in Champaign at "The Station" which is a hidden jewel. It is a tiny little theatre, we went and saw "Company". One of our people is in it and another gal who frequently performs in Light Opera was in it too. It was fantastic. D/H enjoyed it as well. I cannot believe this place has been over there, less than an hour away. Who knew you could go see a quality production in an intimate setting for $10 on a weeknight. Who'd a thunk it? A 3D movie costs more than that.

The kids ended up spending the night with my Sis. She is working from home today. In a little while, I need to drive over and get them. I finally got a good night's sleep for the first time in over a week. I woke up and said gee the house is quiet.... why aren't the kids up yet? Then I remembered they were at my Sisters.

Today is guitar lesson day for d/s and I still need to run my lines at least twice daily. Just to work out any rough spots... One week from tomorrow is opening night.... Oh Dear Lord help me!

Alright I am off to the races! Have a great day all.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 9th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a sunny but cold place
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest......cool this morning.......50's for the highs..........then that nasty liquid sunshine...........

Mike.........glad your knee is doing better........keep up the good work.......... Isn't it funny what a floor can do to a room?

Luanne.............hope you're having a good time in OK..........

Todd......rest.............do what Jeff says & get better......

Not much happening here......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Enjoying coffee and cruisemates from my patio perch on a gorgeous Thurs. morning. Heading to 75 today.

Very little planned for today, other than to head over and visit my mother.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Lawton, OK where it is very cold. They are expecting some wet, maybe frozen stuff later.

I am finally feeling a little better, and might even do a short workout. I didn't have anything serious, and think it had to do with the air blowing in the hotel room. I still feel stuffy, but will live.

I spent the morning getting things organized for our trip back home on Sat. I hate collecting a bunch of junk, that wind up in the suitcase, so I did away with it.

I am ready to go home. I miss my baby, and my fir babies. These trips always give me a renewal for home, and what I need to do there.

Not much else going on. We continue to watch the news areound the world, as it would directly effect Jim's work. Prayers every night for peace in the world.

Good thoughts to all of you today.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Thurday Heading for the Weekend

Good morning! We plan a leisurely day here. Temp will be 80, so a nice day to be out and about.

Mike, glad to hear that you're experiencing some victories.

Brenda, what a relief to be driving again. Sounds like you had a rotator cuff repair. I went through that some years back.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old February 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Sunny Florida.

It's a bit cooler here than it has been in the last couple of weeks, but it will reach 70.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Admiral

It snowed last night but its gone now. More snow is predicted for saturday but I hope that too does not stick because on Monday I am getting together with a "lost" friend from elementary school .