Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Talking Brunch at the Ahwahnee

Yesterday was my DWs birthday.

We got on the YARTS (Yosemite Area Rapid Transit) bus and took the 2 1/2 hour ride to Yosemite. At about 3500 feet we ran into last night's snowfall on the ground and the trees and rocks and it was beautiful.

At the Ahwahnee we got a table near the window that looks out on Yosemite Falls. The Falls are light this time of year but very pretty. (Later when the snow melts they get their full force.) As we enjoyed the buffet light snow flakes began falling and it was a picture perfect view.

I actually stepped out on the back porch for about 2 minutes (I don't like the cold) and watched the kids building a snow fort.

On the way home the snowfall got heavier, and the bus had to stop and put on its chains. I was really glad we had taken the bus instead of driving!

All in all my DW says it was a wonderful birthday!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It sounds like fun. Strange that snow is still on the ground somewhere, with our temps in the 80's
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
Yesterday was my DWs birthday.

We got on the YARTS (Yosemite Area Rapid Transit) bus and took the 2 1/2 hour ride to Yosemite. At about 3500 feet we ran into last night's snowfall on the ground and the trees and rocks and it was beautiful.

At the Ahwahnee we got a table near the window that looks out on Yosemite Falls. The Falls are light this time of year but very pretty. (Later when the snow melts they get their full force.) As we enjoyed the buffet light snow flakes began falling and it was a picture perfect view.

I actually stepped out on the back porch for about 2 minutes (I don't like the cold) and watched the kids building a snow fort.

On the way home the snowfall got heavier, and the bus had to stop and put on its chains. I was really glad we had taken the bus instead of driving!

All in all my DW says it was a wonderful birthday!
That brought back a lot of memories - but for me it was cocktails at the Ahwahnee - on a late summer's evening.

Annie
Old March 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Admiral

I have to share this picture I took at the Awahnee in 1977. We were driving home from San Francisco when Judy said let's go to the Awahnee for lunch and I said don't be ridiculous. I think the expression says who won.

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/mem...e-sept-77.html

Sorry I had to use the link, I've forgotten how to insert the picture.

Keith

Last edited by CruisinK n J; March 19th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.