Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and I'm Back!

Good Tuesday morning all, it is 1 am and I am still up after getting home around 7pm Mon.
Gotta catch up on that laundry!
I want to share with you my favourite picture of the whole cruise:

That pretty much says it all, right there: dancing in the pool at Margaritaville in Grand Turk, having the time of our lives!
It was a great cruise on the Ruby, with many special moments, and I will get started on the review and photos as soon as I find time.
Meanwhile, it's back to work for me today, and that is gonna be hard!
Missed you all, and thinking of those CMs who are cruising this week.....

donna
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates.

Welcome back Donna.

That is a beautiful picture, and you can see the happines on your faces.
Too bad you have to go to work so soon. I will be looking forward to your review.

We are in a heat wave here in Ct. with records being broken on a daily basis. We will probably need the AC on wednesday.

have a nice day everyone.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 20th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Welcome back Rd,
So good to hear your cruise was another good one, enjoy all your pics to come...

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Cock-a-doodle-moo
I'm up way to early this morning but I'm going to help a friend out with some work .

Thats a great picture Donna you both look so happy!

Have a great day everyone!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

RD, beautiful pic and sorry you have to return to work immediately.

Nothing on the agenda today except maybe hose off the deck, the pollen is way beyond the extreme range. You would think we have green glass tables on there.

Hope Todd, Ray, Trip and Henry are having great weather.

Brenda
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Welcome back RD. Will be waiting for your review.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's cloudy and warm here. I wish the front would just move through and get it over with.

Donna, I love the pic! You and James do indeed look happy. I got the webcam up the day you guys were leaving and you guys must have been the first ship out because you were already halfway out of the canal...but I started waving like a fool! I know you had a good time and I'm looking forward to your review.

Phyl, I hope you had a good day yesterday! I hope the rest of our cruisers had a nice day, too. I hope Ray and Todd aren't giving Trip too bad of a time.

Well, it's off to see what I can get into this morning. Have a good day all. Have a wonderful day.
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Captain

WELCOME HOME RD! Love that picture. Sure looked like you were enjoying the dance after a few drinks I'm guessing.

Another warm day here in southern Ohio. D/H is out for the 2nd golf outing this week with at least 2 more on the schedule. Glad he can get out it gives me a chance to get some things done around here.

I sure would like to be a little mouse on the Epic cruise right now cause I bet it is a wild one. Trip, Ray & Todd together, who knows what is happening!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............42 right now........about 10 degress warmer then yesterday.......

Sure Trip.....Todd......& Ray are having a grand time.......

Welcome home to James & Donna...........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Admiral

For those of you who were waving at me on the port-cam at sailaway, I'm sorry for not waving back, because I was having too much fun dancing at the sailaway party at the pool - Princess sure knows how to party!

donna
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM
First Mate

Welcome back RD, looks like you had a grand time. I am sure Trip is having fun with Ray and Todd. Henry, too, is relaxing on a deck!

It is to get to the mid 80's today in NW Ohio. We, too, have been setting records the last several days. This is July weather!!!!!!

I got my INR results early today. I, again, dropped . It has been two weeks of warfarin and I need to get between 2.0 and 3.0. I have been up to 1.37 but dropped twice! Ugh. Still on injectable blood thinner and the warfarin and I am running out of space to inject! One big giant blue, purple, yellow, green mottled mess on my stomach.

I see the hemotologist tomorrow; I will have questions for him!!!!

Since I won't be on the internet tomorrow, good luck Snorkl with your surgery on Thursday. You will be in my prayers.

Hope your day is better, today Moiraine. Think of you often. I helped with my mother-in-law when she needed care in the home. It was no fun, but it is what you do when they need it! Still, nothing compared to what you do and are going through!

Everyone else - hope you have a great day.
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone, from a wet Texas. It depends on who you talk to, but for most we received around 4 inches of rain last night. It sure was a stormy night.

Welcome home Donna. Sure glad you had a good time.

Not much going on here, but I do wish all of you a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning from St Kitts. Spent some time in the warm hot tub up by the Solarium pool this morning. It's a gorgeous day here. We are probably just going to stay on the ship today, and enjoy the quiet. Last night we went up to watch the glass blowing and got treated to watching a guy create an awesome turtle. It really is a much better show in the dark than during the sunlit days.

RD, I love the picture of you and James in the pool!

Praying for Snorkir as she gets ready for surgery, and for Moraine and the rest of you as well.

Phyll
Old March 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday and I'm Back

Good morning. The sun is shining but it's cold. It was 37 last night.

Welcome back, Donna. No morning post could beat that pic.

Judy
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! .. and Welcome Home RD!

The "real" desert weather returns today after a couple of cool days here in Scottsdale. Forecast high today 82. YEAH!

I've several different groups of friends in town this week, so golfing with one of these group today, another tomorrow, then another Fri, and yet another on Saturday.

So, a busy fun week ahead.

Got an email from Mike yesterday; his son is ill again, in serious condition, and back in hospital. So let's all think good thoughts for he and his family today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
For those of you who were waving at me on the port-cam at sailaway, I'm sorry for not waving back, because I was having too much fun dancing at the sailaway party at the pool - Princess sure knows how to party!

donna

I have to agree about Princess knowing how to party. They are the only line we have been on that actually does a sail away part and loved them.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Admiral

It's all right Donna. I know a great review is coming. I'm glad you enjoyed the party.
Old March 20th, 2012, 07:38 PM
First Mate

Hey there Cruisemates! It's a late post as I have been in town for pre-op testing and hospital registration all day.

As Luanne stated, it has been a very stormy past few 24 hrs. I mean raining cats and DOGS! WE really needed the rain though so I am not complaining..Though due to flooding, I had to take the "scenic" route to my doctors office and it took me about 1.5 hrs to get there today. That was a little irritating, but other than that - your typical day. Doc said pretty much everything I wanted to hear and will be coming into the hospital over the weekend just to check on me. Very surprising to hear that from any doc!

Stopped off at Golden Corral for late lunch/supper and while it was not my first choice, the BBQ chicken was surprisingly quite good. We were really starving since the hospital kept me a lot longer than anticipated.

Haimia, I sure hope your hematologist has answers for you. I feel so bad for you for what you are having to endure. Thank you for the prayers. I appreciate all I can get.

Phyll, I've never been to St Kitts - I have to say, I'd be off the boat and wandering around. Although I have heard it is a small port. Sounds like a lovely trip!! Thank you too for the prayers.

Donna, That has to be one of the happiest "couple" pics I have ever seen.
I just love it!! Thank you for sharing with us.

Kuki, I will whisper a little prayer for Mike and his family tonight.

I probably won't post much for a week or two after surgery but I will be thinking about all of you and wondering how and what ya'll are doing.

snorklr

CarnivalTriumph
Old March 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Kuki,
We are having some really strange temps here in the Midwest, warmer than even Phoenix, Ca. and FL....again tomorrow, high of 85.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Snorklr...I'll be thinking about you. I hope your surgery goes well. Sorry the preop was all day.