Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Default Monday and it's time to start a new week

'Reckon it's going to be a pretty day here in upper East Tennessee with a high of around 81.

Have been up since 0430 as for some reason my sugar dropped like a stone (47) so I had a few oranges and am going to stop and pick up an egg McMuffin on my way to an appointment this morning. May even mow the lawn this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good back-to-work-day. I can Gauronnnnteeee Ray, Ken a few others and and I shall have a pretty good one. I even feel a little industrious today (notice I said "a little").

It's about time Rollerdonna is up and at 'em and I hope she has a bit warmer day today than last.

Prayers and Blessings continue as usual.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Funny you should say that Todd, because I woke up to 9 C already, and it's going up to 14, or 57F which is considered a heat wave around here! I am looking forward to my walk with my neighbour this morning, at least we won't freeze!
In fact, I'll probably be out all afternoon with the kids because it's so nice..

I'm on a countdown now, 2 1/2 more months till I am finished work for the summer. Unfortunately, I will have to find a summer job, but I'll be glad when this one is over...

What's everybody up to this week?

donna
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Captain

Summer has arrived here this moring with the starting temp at 6:30am at 65 degrees and going up. Rain is in the forecast for latter this afternoon, hope it holds off long enough for D/H to get the grass mowed, AGAIN! Of course it will have to wait until he gets back from his morning golf!
It was a busy weekend for us as we managed to add 575 miles to the car. Friday was a 4 hour drive to the Cleveland area for a square dance, then on Saturday after checking out of the hotel we drove to Canton. Did some scouting out where we will be the first weekend in May for our State Square Dance Convention in Akron, then did a little sight seeing of the area before heading to dance #2. We did find a nice little place where we had a very good late lunch before the dance. Then what should have been about a 3 hour drive home became a 4 1/2 hour drive. We hit some of the worst fog we've seen. Got home around 3am and it didn't take me long to fall asleep in my own bed.
Yesterday was a good day. I have been watching the airfares for our return trip from Vancouver in Sept. On Sat. the rate was $725 per person and yesterday it had dropped to $405 per person. I jumped on it and we are now booked to come home from our 10 day Princess trip. Glad I waited this time but think it must have just been luck!
Todd, glad you have a LITTLE energy and that you caught the sugar problem quick. Take care.
RD, enjoy the weather! Sounds like you have your countdown clock going for the end of school.
Everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Its expected to reach 85 here in Heat Town.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone. It is cool here, but will be climbing soon.

Very busy keeping up with things, with a new baby in the house. Lord, I forgot how much trouble it is.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's quiet around here. I've got lots of laundry to do later. For now, I'm petting my needy kitty and waiting on the meals on wheels dude. I need to clean out the litter box, too. We had rain yesterday but no bad thunderstorms in my area. I finished my book so I'll have to find another one. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Cool, with temps in the 40s today, but no flurries. Everyone kept telling me how mild winter was here (while I was south), but apparently since I'm home we're not getting spring.

List of errands to do laying in front of me, but I'm not getting moving very quickly. Maybe after my next cup of coffee.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

I'm sitting here listening to the sounds of metal cutting, water draining and men working. I'm having the pressure tank on my well replaced. It's 23 years old and: 1. I'm tired of re-pressurizing it four times a year (it used to be once) and 2: I can tell the thing probably has about an inch of sediment in the bottom.

They were supposed to come out around noon and give me an "estimate". However, at 7:45 a.m. this morning they showed up ready to install it. Things got screwed up at the office. Because of this mix up I saved $200 but lost some sleep.

Betty and I were up until 3:00 a.m. watching the entire first season of "Game of Thrones". Yesterday was a really "icky" day weather wise and in the late afternoon we decided to watch it. I had set the DVR to record it after my nephew said it was excellent. Once we started we couldn't stop. We were basically parked in front of the TV for over ten hours. I think that is the longest, consecutive time, I've ever watched TV. It was fun.

Today, I'm waiting for the guys to finish the tank install. It is a bigger job than you'd think. Especially since I just heard an "oh crap" (the word crap was not used) from the basement. Later, this afternoon (but the way things are going it will be in about two minutes) the security guys are coming out to upgrade my system.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and that the upcoming week is a good one. Now I must go down to the basement to find out the reason for the expletive. I'm afraid...............very afraid.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Monday and It's Time to Start a New Week

Good morning. Beautiful, sunny, and warming up.

And speaking of t.v., we were given a set of t.v. mysteries called "The Midsummer Murders." We finally started watching them a couple of weeks ago, and are they ever good. Also, does anybody out there watch "Inspector Gently" on your local PBS stations? It's on every Sunday night here at 9 p.m.

Best go get breakfast so Keith can go to the gym.

Judy

Old April 16th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Its expected to reach 85 here in Heat Town.
Your temp. will about the same as ours. And we are a lot further south.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
First Mate

Had rain earlier, but now the sun is out and to get into the lower 70's today in NW Ohio. The weekend is over, DH worked 12 hours again and DD#2 was barely around. She is working on the cottage that her and fiance will live in after the wedding. Getting new windows, water piping, etc., etc., etc. So much to do! I will listen to the work done, but not planning to participate much. :-D

Got a lap dog trainer for the little monster this weekend. Of course, the beeping worked but not the "stimulation" part. Called and got that working this morning. The little monster needs some training so we can keep our sanity around here!!

Busy this week with doctors yet again. At least one is not MY appointment but DH!! Hopefully, this roller coaster ends soon. I am finally up to the level I need to be for anti coagulation. I have a week + before I need more bloodwork done!

Have a good day all!
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
First Mate

Hi Cruisemates!!

It's been an overcast and rainy day here in south Texas. We have been in need of the rain, so no complaints about the high winds and thunderstorms that come with it. Dogs kept me up last night as they were afraid of all the thunder booming going on outside.

Stopped by the grocery store yesterday and people were stocking up on groceries as if they thought the tornadoes were going to hit here. There were long lines everywhere..For gas, for everything.

Mike, I once heard "Oh shi*. Boss man, we got a problem up here." This was when I was having a new roof put on. I never did ask what the problem was..I didn't want to know...lol

Everyone have a great Monday!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph