Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday BusyDay!

Morning Mates, 2 early days in a row for me, I will be wiped tonight...off to the Ship Hector this morning to help serve breakfast onboard for the Hector Homecoming celebrations.
(original settlers arrived Sept. 15, 1773).
There will be tours all day, live music, and a good old fashioned Ceilidh this evening, busy busy day!

Here's another shot of the cruise ship that was in town yesterday. apparently their visit was a great success and hopefully we will be seeing more cruise ships in the future!

donna
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Not much to report today. It is going to be a gorgeous day here. I think we'll take the boat out and do a little running around the lake and perhaps have lunch at one of the lake restaurants. From the forecast it looks like this is going to be one of the last chances to enjoy a warm "lake day" and I have to burn the gas out of the boat before I winterize it.

I made the final payment on our Millennium, Asia cruise so we are all set to go for December. We'll just be eating Vienna Sausages and Kool-Aid until then to get the savings account back to health. It's been an expensive month.

Donna: I'm happy to hear that the visit of the Quest for Adventure was a success. I'd love to be able to walk off a cruise ship and see you, James and Emma there. Oh yes: And also "The dog with no name".

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

RD, I see that you have another exciting day ahead of you.

Mike, Vienna sausage and Kool-Aid isn't so bad.

We will spending some time in Daytona Beach this weekend.

To everyone reading this post I wish you a nice weekend.

TM

Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Morning mates. Nothing going on today. I've got all of stuff done for the week. It's raining out now, so I'm going to do a few chores and read. My bro and his ex will be joining me for supper on Monday for chili and to plan the spring cruise...but this weekend will be quiet. I'm about to start A Feast For Crows by George R R Martin. That should keep me busy.

Mike, enjoy the lake.

Donna, enjoy your busy day and the new puppy.

Have a good day all.
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Getting packed for orlando today, leaving tomorrow for the disney world thing with the family. Only i would wait until the day before to START packing

Enjoy the day! Beautiful one here in good old toledo!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Donna, boy, wouldn't it be great if cruise ships started stoppping at Pictou -- but not too many as it can be a doubled edged sword as so many others have found out.

Moiraine, a cruise? A CRUISE??!!!!! Well, it's about time!

Kelly, its fun when you wait until the last minute. Then you get to spend more money on what you forgot!

Boy did i do a dumb stunt last night although I guarantee you I didn't suffer any physical pain. I was counting out the ten or twelve pills I take and I wanted to see how many Hydrocodone I had left. I'm beyound refill but want to make it stretch as long as possible. I counted out six. So what did I do? I put one back in the bottle and took the other five! Duhhh...... the worst part is I didn't even get the slighted buzz but as I previously stated, I didn't wake up from any pain last night!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend and since is the last trip for the boat Mike, cut out the bottom, but in that screen door, spray it with that sealer and see if it really works! Just think, maybe you'll be able to spend some REAL money and get a new boat!
!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Oh, Todd! Well, I'm glad you did not have any pain. I have the cruise in November. This will be another one if it works out. But yes, finally! A cruise. My cousin is having medical issues, so the November one is in question...but I'll go by myself if I have to. Two years is long enough to wait on a cruise, especially when I was taking care of dad. The one we are looking at in March is an Eastern Caribbean. My brother wants something with St. Thomas and I want Half Moon Cay. The one we are thinking about has both, plus Grand Turk and San Juan.
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Mike, you might have had a little trouble navigating the gangway off the Quest for Adventure, it was VERY steep!

donna
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Relaxing today ,another hot and sunny day here.
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday Busy Day

A late good morning, and a very hot one. It was 106 yesterday. Keith has long since gone to Riverside where it will be triple digits as well. The a/c cranked on at 9:30 this morning. Isn't this the middle of September? We're supposed to be enjoying Indian summer!

Judy
Old September 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Mike, you might have had a little trouble navigating the gangway off the Quest for Adventure, it was VERY steep!

donna
No problem. It would be going up that would be the problem.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
Donna, boy, wouldn't it be great if cruise ships started stoppping at Pictou -- but not too many as it can be a doubled edged sword as so many others have found out.

Moiraine, a cruise? A CRUISE??!!!!! Well, it's about time!

Kelly, its fun when you wait until the last minute. Then you get to spend more money on what you forgot!

Boy did i do a dumb stunt last night although I guarantee you I didn't suffer any physical pain. I was counting out the ten or twelve pills I take and I wanted to see how many Hydrocodone I had left. I'm beyound refill but want to make it stretch as long as possible. I counted out six. So what did I do? I put one back in the bottle and took the other five! Duhhh...... the worst part is I didn't even get the slighted buzz but as I previously stated, I didn't wake up from any pain last night!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend and since is the last trip for the boat Mike, cut out the bottom, but in that screen door, spray it with that sealer and see if it really works! Just think, maybe you'll be able to spend some REAL money and get a new boat!
!
Yikes Todd five? I'm just happy you woke up today!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Good evening, fellow cruisemates. Today was busy. After going to several garage sales this morning, I made "gluten free" nudel kugels for each day of Rosh Hashanah. (They special rice based gluten free noodles now and thank G-d because my son-in-law, and grandson have celiac). Then I ran several washes and packed. Tomorrow morning we are headed up to Maryland to be with both sets of kids, grandkids, and both sets of in-laws. Sunday and Monday will be one big "eating frenzy". Thoughts go out to all of my fellow cruisemates who are not feeling "up to snuff" and may all of you enjoy the rest of the weekend.