Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Admiral

Default Shaping up to a pretty Wednesday

It appears, to me at least, that Wednesday is going to be a pretty nice day throughout a lot of the country.

Went to bed at 11:30 and have been up since 1:30 with kidney and back problems. Got a lot of laundry done, however.

Now I think it's nap time!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and prayers and best wishes continue.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean

Last edited by Mike M; September 19th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Morning Todd, sorry to hear you've been up with pain again, but I know the feeling - my hip and back have been awful lately, especially at night. Fortunately, once I'm up for awhile, it feels better..

I am glad to be back online again after 3 days of withdrawl from the computer. It is all fixed now and hopefully good for another year..

Last Sunday at our roller derby practice, our coach filmed us doing our drills, and interviewed us about what derby means to us and to the community. He is entering the video in a contest about community health and activity. Here is a link if you'd like to see it:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...51229854480449

And here is a photo of most of our team. I am in the middle of the back row, with the purple tank top.

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; September 19th, 2012 at 07:20 AM. Reason: photo
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ummmm....i hate to break this to you guys, but it's only Wednesday...
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning
It was darn right cold last night; it dropped into the low 40’s! Not too much going on I have a stress test at 1:00 so no coffee for me and that make me a pretty unhappy camper, I need my get up and go!

Sweet Todd…. Feel better and enjoy your nap!

Donna …Did you ever name the puppy?

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Ummmm....i hate to break this to you guys, but it's only Wednesday...

Shows you how wide awake I was this morning, I didn't even notice it wasn't Thursday!!
OK, so it's only Wednesday, but that is good, because that means it is Trivia Night tonight!

Aerogirl, yes, I think the puppy's name is going to be "Griffin", although that could still change before the weekend....3 more sleeps till "Puppy Day"!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; September 19th, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
Shows you how wide awake I was this morning, I didn't even notice it wasn't Thursday!!
OK, so it's only Wednesday, but that is good, because that means it is Trivia Night tonight!

Aerogirl, yes, I think the puppy's name is going to be "Griffin", although that could still change before the weekend....3 more sleeps till "Puppy Day"!

donna
Ha HA I have to laugh I didn't notice it either, see no coffee = no brain function!

I like the name.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Admiral

For me it as Tuesday for 48 hours!

Seriously, I always send in my newspaper column on Thursday and for the first time in almost 18 years, got it in early. Not used to that but at least we have one more day to tote that bucket and dig that ditch! Oh joy!
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Default Sunny

Sunny and hot here
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a typical, almost Fall, day here in the land of 10,000 lakes. Yesterday was another bad brain day so I was out from late afternoon until early this morning.

Today, I go to the doctor's at 1:00 p.m. for my pre-op physical. I can't eat anything until after the physical because they'll be doing blood work. I normally don't eat anything anyway but I sure miss my coffee.

I don't know what you all are talking about with this Thursday thing. Todd put Wednesday in his post. Go back and check and you'll see.

Donna: Your Roller Derby team looks like a bunch of rough and tough women. Are you allowed to elbow to the face and get into fights? I remember watching the old Roller Derby matches when I was a kid.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and a great Thursday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Donna: Your Roller Derby team looks like a bunch of rough and tough women. Are you allowed to elbow to the face and get into fights?
Yeah Mike, especially the one with the horns!
That helmet is just a joke, she usually wears a regulation one. They all look tough, but are all really nice women, and a lot of fun.
No, we are not allowed to fight, but we DO have to be quite athletic and conditioned, roller derby is a tough sport!

donna
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Shaping up to a Pretty Wednesday

Good morning. Yes, it is going to be a pretty Wednesday. Got work to do, though, and this is gym day for Keith.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Judy
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
First Mate

A cool, early fall day in NW Ohio. Only to be in the upper 60's but sunny. This is my time of year. I like the cool, even the rain (which we did get some Monday and early Tuesday). DH is mowing the yard at the moment. Started a new medication for RA yesterday. A two-hour infusion is so much fun!! It will be about six - twelve weeks before I notice anything! Ugh! Also, my INR has been really running high lately. Anyone know of a correlation between INR, having no thyroid recently and being hypo-thyroid all at the same time? It was hard to get to my INR level at first - five weeks and five + weeks the second time I started warfarin. After removing the thyroid, it took one week to be at level, and I have been running high and reducing the warfarin since! Must be a major change in my metabolism or something. I really want the thyroid meds to kick in, as I have been really hypo. Tired, cold one minute, hot the next, cannot lose weight (actually gained a couple :>(, and tired. Oh, did I mention being tired. By mid-afternoon, it is a struggle to eat, do dishes, get showered and hit the chair. I am in bed early and usually can sleep throughout the night, but still wake up tired. Ugh! And, there are some nights of no or very little sleep mixed in. Well, things I need to do today, as I will be MIA for next few days. So, I better get back to work in my office. Hope all have a good day and rest of week!
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:16 PM
First Mate

Beautiful day here in S. Texas! Went to breakfast with Mom and hubby. Nice surprise that they showed up to take me with them this morning...

Apparently, I started having a water main leak a few weeks ago and did not know it..My house is flooded underneath and started to sink slightly on the right side due to soft, wet earth. As soon as I caught on to the fact that i was losing a gallon every 2 minutes, I called the city, had my water cut off and had a guy come out to locate the leak. Leak is located but looks like a few days before it will be fixed so I'm without water til then. Welcome to small town living.. Looks like many in this small town had same issues bc the city decided to add new fixtures to the water main meters and caused some air issues in the pipes --causing many pipes to burst in the area. The city accepts no responsibility (of course) so we are all stuck with the high expense of fixing our pipes and also paying astronomical water bills as a result..Plumbers and city water guys are working all over town day and night right now making the $$$

Hopefully once this is all fixed, i can focus on my packing for my upcoming trips!!

Hope everyone is having a gorgeous, lovely day!!

snorklr45

CarnivalTriumph
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Haima, I also have problems with my INR.

All I can tell you is to avoid a lot of green vegetables, especially collard greens, turnip greens, kale and a few others. They tend to really thicken the blood...a lot more than I ever realized.